Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Bay12 Shared Universe [D&D 3.5]  (Read 6558 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Shared Universe [D&D 3.5]
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2011, 12:11:33 am »

Rhea, a rocky moon, might have them, so it's not too far-fetched. A larger planet would be more likely to have them, I'd imagine. From the various ringed bodies in our system, it seems most de-orbiting ring particulates either burn up (yay pyrotechnics) in the atmosphere (of the denser-atmosphered bodies) or smash into the equatorial regions, leaving most of the planet relatively unscathed.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2011, 12:15:44 am »

But their too busy being in the sky to fight, plus I'm sure they see a lot up there above the "earth"
When did being in the sky and fighting become mutually exclusive? They could be waging an eternal war against the moon-spawn of Zuthclu and the entire Plane of Shadows up there. Plus, they can see a lot, but it's a lot like saying you can see a lot from an airplane. Details aren't all that evident.

Also, the elephants "obviously" run along the inside edges of the "obviously" solid rings. In addition to the fact that it's a binary star system, so there can be up to three suns at a time.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 12:22:28 am »

But their too busy being in the sky to fight, plus I'm sure they see a lot up there above the "earth"
When did being in the sky and fighting become mutually exclusive? They could be waging an eternal war against the moon-spawn of Zuthclu and the entire Plane of Shadows up there. Plus, they can see a lot, but it's a lot like saying you can see a lot from an airplane. Details aren't all that evident.

Also, the elephants "obviously" run along the inside edges of the "obviously" solid rings. In addition to the fact that it's a binary star system, so there can be up to three suns at a time.

I don't really like gods who actually exist on the material plane :/, but I do like the sun elephant god.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 12:37:24 am »

It could be a guardian that stops entry to the material realm from the shadow plane. You keep an awesome god that fights everything in the plane of shadow, and it stays out of the material plane.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 12:52:39 am »

In addition to the fact that it's a binary star system, so there can be up to three suns at a time.
it's a binary star system ... up to three suns at a time.
bi ... three
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sun elephants who fight to repulse the plane of shadow? Badass.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 01:06:17 am »

It could be a guardian that stops entry to the material realm from the shadow plane. You keep an awesome god that fights everything in the plane of shadow, and it stays out of the material plane.

So there's the sun god who's an elephant, then what's the shadow god?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 01:11:02 am »

Eight-armed Monkey god, like the Girallon? Spiders and the like are pretty cliche. Never seen an evil horse god...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 07:53:18 am »

Eight-armed Monkey god, like the Girallon? Spiders and the like are pretty cliche. Never seen an evil horse god...

Because domesticated animals help people. "Good" deities can be wild or domesticated (Bastet and Hathor in Egypt, for instance), but I cannot think of any malignant deity in any pantheon that is zoopomorphized as a domestic animal.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2011, 08:24:33 am »

A thousand-armed monkey, each shadow one of his hands being a thread in his/her all-compassing weave of shadows that is the night, each of his hundred ever-staring eyes turned towards the world. Ever felt like something is watching you in the dark?

Because domesticated animals help people. "Good" deities can be wild or domesticated (Bastet and Hathor in Egypt, for instance), but I cannot think of any malignant deity in any pantheon that is zoopomorphized as a domestic animal.
Minotaur. But that is the only example I could come up with, after like 20 minutes of thinking.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2011, 12:12:56 pm »

Not a deity. If you were going that route, you could say Cerberus (although Cerberus is not explicitly malign...he's just a guard dog. A big one. With three heads. Full of nasty, big, pointy teeth.) *makes finger gestures up near his mouth*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2011, 01:39:33 pm »

Well, I just found a copy of the 3.5 player's manual, so assuming you don't mind a new guy screwing you all over, we should be fine.

Also, I guess we need a DM, and if I did it, we would all die. So... I guess that should be prioritised.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2011, 01:42:42 pm »

Not a deity. If you were going that route, you could say Cerberus (although Cerberus is not explicitly malign...he's just a guard dog. A big one. With three heads. Full of nasty, big, pointy teeth.) *makes finger gestures up near his mouth*

I feel it's a bit far-fetched to make differentiations like that, though. It's applying a modern mindset to an old culture and trying to fit a (once) living, fluid and constantly evolving concept into little distinct, orderly groups. Which doesn't really work.

Oh, I came up with another one, though. The devil. Goats.
Love, scriver~

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2011, 03:27:47 pm »

Well, I just found a copy of the 3.5 player's manual, so assuming you don't mind a new guy screwing you all over, we should be fine.

Also, I guess we need a DM, and if I did it, we would all die. So... I guess that should be prioritised.

I'm currently working on a campaign.

And once again everyone's over thinking.  Redwarrior simply made a god because he plans on being a cleric, but he still went a bit over board with the fill out ever little detail thing.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2011, 03:35:47 pm »

Hm... An evil domesticated animal deity would probably be a dog, a donkey (man, that god is SUCH an ass (you know you want it to be so)), or some other animal that has negative traits.

And by binary star system with three suns, I meant two stars and a herd of flaming elephants. But two suns works too, I guess, and Tophus makes war upon the Plane of Shadow.

The day-night cycle... I'll Paint something up really quickly to use.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2011, 03:52:14 pm »

Hm... An evil domesticated animal deity would probably be a dog, a donkey (man, that god is SUCH an ass (you know you want it to be so)), or some other animal that has negative traits.

And by binary star system with three suns, I meant two stars and a herd of flaming elephants. But two suns works too, I guess, and Tophus makes war upon the Plane of Shadow.

The day-night cycle... I'll Paint something up really quickly to use.

How about instead of doing what I specifically asked people NOT to do, you make a character?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6