Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Dumbest dwarven death?  (Read 21106 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Dumbest dwarven death?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 06:09:13 am »

Dumbest.... A dwarf walking into a drinks/food stockpile, falling unconscious and dying of dehydration.

YO DWARF SO STUPID, HE DIE IN A FOOD STOCKPILE D:

(Admittedly, he did have an iron bolt in his shoulder, but still.
Also, apparantly, the dwarf that was trying to "rescue him", was walking around in circles.)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 06:28:58 am »

it happens so often im actually SICK of it.

Combat!!! thieves snatchers ambushes Invasions! ! !

i take a different approach (sometimes) i open the gates. no traps and send out my vanguard to "teach" them a lesson

4 dwarves in masterwork candy (training doesn't doesnt matter in candy)

4 Dwarves engage 20+ goblins in melee combat, Several moments later combat is erratic. gobbos are down to 5, dwarves aren't Scratched

Send Dwarves to chase gobbos notice only 3 dwarves are chasing...

one Dodged a worthless goblin attack and "jumped" into the nearby murky pool. and drowns.. extra fast

the moral to the story is... channel around pools... please learn to swim.... ><

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 06:38:08 am »

Training does matter even in candy >_>
Your dwarves prolly were trained before the fight.

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:22 am »

Had a jeweler die of thirst in his workshop. I didn't know about impassable tiles, so I had no idea why he wouldn't leave, and why nobody would come and get his corpse afterwards. I ended up collapsing the roof on him to knock some sense into everybody, and hospitalized a miner as a result. ><

As an aside, this was shortly after I'd killed a badger woman, and then the traders had brought a barrel of badger blood with them. And then somebody made it down into a poorly-planned well-digging exercise while covered in badger man blood, so the water swept it over to the edges of the room. Which, of course, made it look like the walls were bleeding.

I knew the explanation for some of the strangeness, and pieced some more of it (like the tiles thing) later, but it was pretty fun imagining that my fort had been cursed by angry badger spirits.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 07:12:09 am »

In my very first fort that was actually decent (Creaturebolt), I had a dwarf dodge into a pool avoiding an attack by a Rhesus Macaque. The other dwarf aiding her did the exact same not a second later. They both died...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 07:21:32 am »

I had a melancholic dwarf.

Tried to jump off cliffs to end it all.

He just did not die.

That was, until he fell into a hospital, died, and caused bad thoughts to the occupants so much that they went berserk.

There went another good fort. I had to mold it into a giant stairway...

magic dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 11:25:32 am »

due to a fire titan half the map is on fire... dwarf walks to the surface and sees half the map on fire... he decides to go fishing. My burrowing skills were not good enough at the time to stop him from fishing and so he burned to death, and almost ran into my fortress on fire.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 11:27:52 am »

due to a fire titan half the map is on fire... dwarf walks to the surface and sees half the map on fire... he decides to go fishing. My burrowing skills were not good enough at the time to stop him from fishing and so he burned to death, and almost ran into my fortress on fire.

Best. Fisherdwarf. Ever.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 12:48:07 pm »

I forgot that the Baroness had forbidden the trade of bins, and stupidly traded off a few.  20 good dwarves died due to justice and tantrum spirals.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 12:59:09 pm »

I had an animal dissector armoured in adamantine and copper (and wielding an adamantine spear), go berserk after not finding enough leather in time, and went rampage around my fortress.

It took my ENTIRE proffesional military to kill him, and though a lot of dwarves were severly hurt, the animal dissector was the only casualty.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 01:53:17 pm »

I had an animal dissector armoured in adamantine and copper (and wielding an adamantine spear), go berserk after not finding enough leather in time, and went rampage around my fortress.

It took my ENTIRE proffesional military to kill him, and though a lot of dwarves were severly hurt, the animal dissector was the only casualty.
Are you saying that animal dissectors are usefull? If you arnt, then there are no casualtys.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 01:58:22 pm »

I don't give adamantine to crap military dwarves ;P

He was a high master spear dwarf, but a fisher dwarf has since replaced his berserk brethren.

Also, in some circumstances, they can be useful.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 02:12:27 pm »

One of my low-class carpenters was throwing a tantrum and decided to pick a fight with the local weaponsmith... who happened to be very heavily armed at the time.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good riddance I say.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 02:37:01 pm »

theres nothing in the spoiler.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 02:51:12 pm »

theres nothing in the spoiler.

There's a screencap in the spoiler. Wait for it to load.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8