Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Dumbest dwarven death?  (Read 21091 times)

IcarusOne

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Dumbest dwarven death?
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2011, 06:25:17 am »

i had a nice little bathing pool, 3x1 channel with 3/7 water on each tile. I opened the roof some later, and it froze while my best miner was walking through it.

Boost One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2011, 08:22:03 am »

One of my low-class carpenters was throwing a tantrum and decided to pick a fight with the local weaponsmith... who happened to be very heavily armed at the time.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good riddance I say.

Wait... he's missing her when suddenly she starts coming towards him. He looks surprised and takes his pants off. Then she stabs him in the lower body to sever his part, and they tangle together.

Am I reading it rite?

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2011, 08:26:43 am »

Wait... he's missing her when suddenly she starts coming towards him. He looks surprised and takes his pants off. Then she stabs him in the lower body to sever his part, and they tangle together.

Am I reading it rite?
He cuts off her lower half, and therefore she loses grip on her clothes attached. But in reverse order as pertaining to DF combat reportings.

Ninjamestari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 09:25:13 am »

I decided to channel a shaft from my dining hall to the surface to get some pretty light in there. Back then I didn't know how to do it safely, so I designated the whole thing at once. Some miners decided to move into lower z-levels quickly and leave the upper levels partially undone. I was doing something else and not watching their work, and then suddenly a miner falls some levels after digging the floor under his feet. He survived the fall with some broken limbs, but succumbed to infection almost a year later.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 09:28:48 am »

One of my low-class carpenters was throwing a tantrum and decided to pick a fight with the local weaponsmith... who happened to be very heavily armed at the time.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good riddance I say.

Am I reading it rite?

And here we thought it was spores. *rimshot*

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 09:46:51 am »

Th'way I'm reading it, he stabbed her in the lower body so hard that she tore in half. (If you know what I mean)
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 09:59:57 am »

Wait... he's missing her
As in, failing to hit her. Then she charges him / her and chops the bugger in half.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

dr_random

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 11:41:04 am »

Well, there was that one time i dropped a Dwarf down a volcano so he could reveal the terrain and the magma sea as he went... 'course i dropped him in the wrong place and he landed only a few z-levels down on a bit of floor sticking out, revealing nothing.

That's why I always use kittens for volcanic scouting missions.
I generally do not support the mean things that are going on here but I couldn't resist once to send some utterly useless newcomers down the magma pipe. It's amazing how much they could actually SEE. Magma might be hot but it is seemingly transparent and heats other things with a delay. The mission added quite to my overall satisfaction, I must admit.
BTW: "Hot spicy sauce" - it must be a dwarven invention.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2011, 12:58:04 pm »

Running the pony mod I had a few flying ponies get stuck on my walls and thirst to death.  Stupid ponies.

Otherwise I had some dwarves get stuck behind a tree that grew behind them (outside mind you), on two separate occasions.  I rescued one, but I think the other thirsted to death.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2011, 02:10:06 pm »

My legendary axedwarf had 3 pet kittens. You can probably guess the rest.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2011, 05:38:37 pm »

I decided to dig a well (was quite a n00b at the time) straight down, then dug one tile into the brook. I had NO IDEA what to do, and so the miner drowned.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2011, 03:19:31 am »

In DF mode, it was a dwarf getting crushed by a single tile of lava/sand that fell from several Z layers over his head. just wrong place, wrong time I guess.

In adventure, it was some Axedwarf, leader of a group of evil fellows. he started rushing me and then all of a sudden, he died of old age in mid stride. his last words were about how he was gonna kill me.

[edit] Er... not axe dwarf, axeman.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.

uncanny soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2011, 08:12:24 am »

three of the five children of the baroness decided it would be funny to play at the bottom of a stairwell scheduled to be demolished via 'controlled' cave in (and by controlled i mean the dwarf rode it down like some sort of hardcore rodeo and proceeded to explode infront of the children) fortunately none of them were crushed, only hideously maimed and then trampled to death as they had been blown into the main pathway between the megaconstruction and everything else while simultaneously the fourth of the baroness' children decided to take a nap in an active danger room in the nude

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2011, 03:20:52 pm »

for some reason a sheep and a moose picked a scrap (probably a badger triggered agression and when the badger left the kept on on eachother. A durf tried to interfere and got kicked in the head. insta dead. Now he wants revenge against his killer
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Lazy_lizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2011, 03:34:08 pm »

I had just appointed a Baroness and the caravan was preparing to leave, when she decided to place an export ban on green glass items. The caravan was full of green glass crafts decorated with cut green glass, so 12 dwarfs are sent to jail for 52 days. about 40 days later all but 4 of them die of thirst while the rest of the fortress was on stone smoothing duty. ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8