Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So, what's in the next version?  (Read 2823 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So, what's in the next version?
« on: October 29, 2011, 12:22:13 pm »

I've really fell out of touch with the DevLog, so can somebody give me a shortlist of confirmed/suspected features up and coming next?

<3~

Here you go:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1u8jibE1TV7BAwAI2b4TzRkWFlBboLiXMrVBhYmDYPhI&pli=1
It doesn't seem to have things from the last couple days yet.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:28:43 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, what's in the next version?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 12:37:01 pm »

Werebeasts, adventurer interactions (fireballs, dragonbreath, necromancy) vampires, obviously bug fixes, towns and stuff underneath them, pyramids&mummies...

Lurk around le forums maybe.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 12:48:01 pm »

Let's see...

Cities with sewers, catacombs, dungeons, city walls, castles, temples, markets, ...
City-level travel maps
Revamped undead, necromancers, mummies, vampires, werebeasts. Randomly generated. With probably a lot of associated creature tokens
 - An interaction system linked to those creatures, among others.
Mausoleums
Gem cuts
Adventurer-usable interactions/breath weapons
Designations over z-levels
Historical immigrants (including vampires)
Fake identities used by historicals.
Books written by historicals.
Ostriches, squids, kiwi, red pandas, narwhals, peregrine falcons, armadillos, tortoises, and possibly other sponsorship critters
Less kobold/dwarf starvation
Incidental bugfixes.
Bugs.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:57:20 pm »

From the sound of things, proper historical figure immigration - vampires, previous adventurers, and members of abandoned fortresses apparently can come to your fort now.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 01:49:24 pm »

Possibly a tweaked/enhanced justice system that includes dwarves falsely accusing enemies of crimes and unsolved murders (CSI:Boatmurdered... YEAAAAAAAAAAH!)
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 01:57:59 pm »

I remember there being a list somewhere where every new feature were documented... Does anyone have a link or remember where it was?
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 03:12:03 pm »

Here you go:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1u8jibE1TV7BAwAI2b4TzRkWFlBboLiXMrVBhYmDYPhI&pli=1

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 11:40:18 pm »

Ostriches, squids, kiwi, red pandas, narwhals, peregrine falcons, armadillos, tortoises, and possibly other sponsorship critters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ppb_9DMyVM&feature=related

The new carp? Better keep them away from my *puts on sunglasses* blocks.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 07:47:27 am »

I'm tired of people asking, "When's the next version coming? When's the next version coming? When's the next version coming?" Toady's finished the last of the features he intends to add this update, so now you can't really argue that he should drop what he's doing and release 32.00 or whatever NOW, because he's debugging. Think: If he had released 31.26 when he finished towns, we couldn't domulti-level designations, or evil-biome infi-zombie pits, or werefortresses, or migrants with historical relatives, or pretty much ANYTHING, and the towns probably would have been buggy. We're just waiting for Toady to clean up all the obvious bugs now, so be patient!

Sorry if this has nthing to do with the actual topic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 10:09:08 am »

Here you go:
Ah! Great, thanks a lot. Gonna do some dreaming now.
Love, scriver~

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 11:59:31 am »

I'm tired of people asking, "When's the next version coming? When's the next version coming? When's the next version coming?" Toady's finished the last of the features he intends to add this update, so now you can't really argue that he should drop what he's doing and release 32.00 or whatever NOW, because he's debugging. Think: If he had released 31.26 when he finished towns, we couldn't domulti-level designations, or evil-biome infi-zombie pits, or werefortresses, or migrants with historical relatives, or pretty much ANYTHING, and the towns probably would have been buggy. We're just waiting for Toady to clean up all the obvious bugs now, so be patient!

I pretty much agree, but it indeed has not much to do with the actual topic since the question here is "What" not "When".
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 03:17:32 pm »

Evil zombie pits and whatnot notwithstanding, I'd have preferred if Toady had more closely followed his plan. We might not have night creatures yet, but we'd likely be well into the third release by now.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 05:50:38 pm »

Here you go:
the reason this doesn't have stuff from now is because it hasn't been updated in NEARLY THREE MONTHS! :(
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 06:23:39 pm »

Here you go:
the reason this doesn't have stuff from now is because it hasn't been updated in NEARLY THREE MONTHS! :(
The contents have been updated more recently than the date up top has.

EDIT: And now it's up to date.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:15:36 pm by Cruxador »

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 09:03:46 pm »

What's in the next version, you ask?

Quite simply, awesomely awesome awesomeness is in the next version.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: [1] 2