Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 73

Author Topic: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!  (Read 83509 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia RPG, The Computer is your friend!
« Reply #255 on: November 06, 2011, 06:25:04 pm »

Pretty fun game, considering I was making everything up as I went along. To summarize everything;

First, the Troubleshooters had to get to the Troubleshooter HQ. Unfortunately the messenger bot sent to them gave the room number and time they were suppose to be there in binary. One character managed to decode the room number, with a really really lucky roll.

As soon as they were outside, they were in the middle of a large crowd of people rushing to get to work. They all forgot where the troubleshooter HQ was, so one of them consulted their PDC. He found that the HQ was to the east, but only two other people followed him while the others went west.

The people who went east arrived at the HQ without any incident. The people who went west on the other hand, go hopelessly lost. They decided to try to steal a hovercraft then, and attempted to steal one that was in motion. One troubleshooter got ran over by it, and the other got hit in the face.

The group at the HQ knew what the room number was, but there was no one around and there were four hallways in front of them. With only ten minutes left until briefing, and the doors to far away to see the numbers one of the troubleshooters pulled out a treasonous set of binoculars to spot the room numbers on the door.

They found the room and got in just on time, but the briefing officer was acting odd. He kept on saying code phrases and flashed handsigns. A few troubleshooters noticed that he was using outdated secret society phrases and signals. The other three eventually showed up, and were executed for being late.

The new clones showed up, and listened to their briefing. They were tasked with destroying an R&D experiment gone wrong rampaging across the city, unfortunately for one of the troubleshooters he returned a handsignal to the briefing officer and was killed for being apart of a secret society.

Once they were done with their briefing they all met with their secret society contacts (One of them was even a triple agent, awesomely enough.), and they went on their way. They all jumped into a Red (?) hovercraft and went on their way. Once they got to the entrance to the distract where the experiment was suppose to be, the way was blocked by wreckage.

So then the crazy person in the group decided to floor it, and speed into the wreckage. He drove the craft until they luckily found a ramp, and they flew over the wreckage.

And then the session ended.

Over all it was pretty fun, and we'll be playing again next sunday.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 06, 2011, 08:12:54 pm »

My partner was a god damn no show and if he had contacted me before hand we could have played longer. Damn commie.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 06, 2011, 09:11:01 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rNb1BAXxU

Thats how things are running for me.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 07, 2011, 12:07:27 pm »

I was only in it until the briefing, but I still died twice.
I like this game.
I, however, won't come next Sunday. The timings just don't work for me.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 07, 2011, 03:40:36 pm »

Over all it was pretty fun, and we'll be playing again next sunday.
I still in? (Madis here.)

Though I would have to bail out earlier again if it starts at the same time.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 07, 2011, 03:50:14 pm »

we'll be playing again next sunday.

Two questions:
1) On Steam again, or trying out JParanoia?
2) Do you need any additional players?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 07, 2011, 03:53:35 pm »

Two questions:
Steam, and possibly yes. Since a we have one player who won't be able to make it on sunday, but I might possibly just change the day to something convienent to everyone.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 07, 2011, 03:59:43 pm »

Two questions:
Steam, and possibly yes. Since a we have one player who won't be able to make it on sunday, but I might possibly just change the day to something convienent to everyone.

Well at least for me Sunday is pretty much the only day I'd be available this week, it changes from week to week since my hours at my part time job change weekly but there you have it.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2011, 09:58:50 pm »

I'm considering *trying* to run one, using the JParanoia client. The client is *really* simple to use, it's really a glorified chat client that's geared towards JParanoia (and could really be used for any PnP).

Some time during the week maybe... any interest? I have off tomorrow (Tuesday) so if anybody is up for a very impromptu one using the character generator, that would be cool.

It'll be the first time I'm running one so you'd have to bear with me, and you'd have to be willing to use the JParanoia client (VERY simple).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:00:25 pm by KatalDT »

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 07, 2011, 10:08:02 pm »

I'm considering *trying* to run one, using the JParanoia client. The client is *really* simple to use, it's really a glorified chat client that's geared towards JParanoia (and could really be used for any PnP).

Some time during the week maybe... any interest? I have off tomorrow (Tuesday) so if anybody is up for a very impromptu one using the character generator, that would be cool.

It'll be the first time I'm running one so you'd have to bear with me, and you'd have to be willing to use the JParanoia client (VERY simple).

I'm in, for one. I've obviously wanted to check out JParanoia.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 07, 2011, 10:08:21 pm »

I'm in, for one. I've obviously wanted to check out JParanoia.

What are good days/times for you? (Anybody else interested also include that information)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 07, 2011, 10:08:35 pm »

Im in, because I have no life.
Welcome to Reality.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 07, 2011, 10:13:22 pm »

Are you guys good for tomorrow some time?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 07, 2011, 10:14:07 pm »

As long as its after 3 PM CST, then yeah.
Welcome to Reality.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 07, 2011, 10:17:41 pm »

As long as its after 3 PM CST, then yeah.

Assuming you're -6 GMT, then that's fine - 4:30PM EST (3:30PM CST) sounds like a good starting point. Alekhs?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 73