Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.  (Read 12171 times)

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:20:29 am »

Well, any ideas? School is very boring place, not becouse im total dumbass, just becouse im best in class on some subjects, i kow english pretty well so english subject is very boring. (im polish and i learned english when i was 11)

-Im already making fun of every thing i can, like turing stuff that teacher says into something funny (50% of time teacher gets angry)
-Playing drums with two pens and desk (or pencase)
-Farting out loud (they wont let me bring matches to school so i cant burn them, i mean, burn my farts, yes this is possible according to my chemistry teacher farts have lots of methane in it, so if methane is flammable, farts are too, but off the fart topic...)

Let me see your ideas!
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 12:30:13 pm »

Everyone on the internet is so best in their class that they get bored, until they get to the real world, it seems. Of course, I was the same way once too.

Don't be the annoying ass in your class-room. Witty comments are all fine and good if they help out with learning, but chaos for chaos's sake isn't beneficial. If you don't have anything interesting to add to the class, then do a thought experiment in your mind or some-such.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 12:39:43 pm »

When I went to school I was far from the best in class.
School was a nightmare for me, good riddance now that I have a job..

..and pay tax..

..yeah..

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 02:35:51 pm »

Step 1: Goof off and fail all your classes
Step 2: Get expelled and wind up at a continuation school
Step 3: Become a millionaire
Step 4: Get an 18 year old model as a girlfriend
Step 5: Attend your high school reunion

Win.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 03:23:59 pm »

Step 1: Goof off and fail all your classes
Step 2: Get expelled and wind up at a continuation school
Step 3: Become a millionaire
Step 4: Get an 18 year old model as a girlfriend
Step 5: Attend your high school reunion

Win.

That would be epic, but becoming millionaire isnt that easy. Maybe... >:)

Everyone on the internet is so best in their class that they get bored, until they get to the real world, it seems. Of course, I was the same way once too.

Don't be the annoying ass in your class-room. Witty comments are all fine and good if they help out with learning, but chaos for chaos's sake isn't beneficial. If you don't have anything interesting to add to the class, then do a thought experiment in your mind or some-such.

Problem is, my whole class is ass, like, whe it comes to talking with them individually its fine, but when we gather all together into a class, we are nothing but a chaotic bunch of idiotic kids. Its hard not being ass to eachother when everyone is laughing off a poor guy who got (1!) (American counterpart is F-), and next day a guy that was laughing at him got 1 and cried, and then asked why all weare laughing.
I hope that when we will get older it will go away over time...
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 04:29:52 pm »

Out of curiosity, how old are you?
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 04:56:21 pm »

I hope that when we will get older it will go away over time...[/quote]

[...] not becouse im total dumbass[...]
[descriptions of tomfoolery in bad taste]
Well, you certainly describe yourself as one. This first sounds exactly like tepid products of your boredom rather than any kind of solution to it, and it not like more of the same will make you any less bored. Whereas to the second...
Problem is, my whole class is ass, like, whe it comes to talking with them individually its fine, but when we gather all together into a class, we are nothing but a chaotic bunch of idiotic kids. Its hard not being ass to eachother when everyone is laughing off a poor guy who got (1!) (American counterpart is F-), and next day a guy that was laughing at him got 1 and cried, and then asked why all weare laughing.
...everyone else being an jerk is no reason for you to be one too. Schradenfrude has, for a long time, been something I find unsettling within and disguisting without, so I'm not really qualified to give advice about resisting it, but I've found it's easy to counter in others by asking them about how they feel in a seemingly unrelated parallel situation they have been exposed to, then combing the two in their minds through sudden and imaginative similies. A calm tone of voice followed by a frosty one helps some.

I hope that when we will get older it will go away over time...
As Shakespeare taught us with King Lear, age does not guarantee wisdom, only more chances at gaining wisdom. People are quite capable of going to their deathbed in wrinkled skin without any more maturity than they had when they were 16, because it takes both a conscious decision and an unconscious decision to become more mature, and the person might never consider it wanting or worth it. Such decisions can be made very early in life as well, even in rapid succession; the sort of thing leading to older people declaring the child has an "old soul" or something similar but more patronizing. So, why wait until you get older to grow up a little, when you can just decide to change now?

And maybe, just maybe, they will change with you.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 06:18:34 pm »

i kow english pretty well
I think you still have some work ahead of you.
Not that I am some kind of grammar freak, my English is deplorable, but I'm not the one saying I'm so good I don't need to pay attention in class any more.

Anyway, fun in class? Learn 2 troll teachers. You need to become adapt at asking the most trollful questions known to man that confuse and confound teachers. Things like "Why is 'I' capitalised?" make for a good start.
Also, only do this to your English and P.E. teachers, because they are the only ones that really deserve it. Leave science and maths alone, they are good people.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 06:35:00 pm »

i kow english pretty well
I think you still have some work ahead of you.
Not that I am some kind of grammar freak, my English is deplorable, but I'm not the one saying I'm so good I don't need to pay attention in class any more.

Anyway, fun in class? Learn 2 troll teachers. You need to become adapt at asking the most trollful questions known to man that confuse and confound teachers. Things like "Why is 'I' capitalised?" make for a good start.
Also, only do this to your English and P.E. teachers, because they are the only ones that really deserve it. Leave science and maths alone, they are good people.
Adept is the word you mean.

Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 06:39:55 pm »

Or you could, you know, just try to get through the classes without harassing your teachers, as they are doing a job that is often difficult and unpleasant enough as it is. And that's regardless of the subject that they are teaching.

But that would probably be boring, right.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 06:45:58 pm »

Or you could, you know, just try to get through the classes without harassing your teachers, as they are doing a job that is often difficult and unpleasant enough as it is. And that's regardless of the subject that they are teaching.

But that would probably be boring, right.

How the hell did you read my mind?

Anyway, really, this.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 06:58:38 pm »

Bloody fantastic. To think that soon enough I'll have to suffer dumbarses like this.

Max, why so much hatred? English teachers are people too!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 07:19:03 pm »

Dumbass is an insult.

Smartass is a compliment.

Aim for the latter. I do.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 07:25:44 pm »

My recommendation is to do everything you're told, but only in a technical sense. But here's the thing: don't try anything like, "Well, you didn't say I couldn't..." That is bullshit, and will not fly as amusing outside of poorly written allegories involving magic lamps. What you need to do is fulfill both the letter and the spirit of the assignment in a way that is ridiculous. Because I have an ego only slightly smaller than VY Canis Majoris, let me tell you about an example that took advantage of this very forum!

Now, I was taking a class called Human Sexuality, which was basically filler for general education requirements, and it was at least tangentially related to my Biology major thanks to a few chapters on anatomy. Beyond this, due to the enormous enrollment (I mean, it's a class about sex taught at a college, what do you think is going to happen), it was designed for the lowest common denominator. Our first paper assignment was to discuss how sexuality is portrayed in popular culture, by means of an example of our choice.

So, I chose Dwarf Fortress, as I was pretty enamored of it at the time. You can probably find the thread (and within it the exact text of the paper) if you search for The Making of Gimli. But the important thing is that I didn't just pick an absurd topic, I ran with it and actually fulfilled the assignment's requirements, first explaining how sexuality in Dwarf Fortress (what little there is) works, and then quietly invoking Death of the Author to use that information to analyze how it shapes the community's views on sexual relationships, and what assumptions went into making the system that exists. Which is to say that I discussed the portrayal of sex in Dwarf Fortress (technically fulfilling the assignment) and, more importantly, explored the potential meaning of that portrayal (the actual goal of the assignment), even though Dwarf Fortress was a ridiculous topic.

Was I trolling? Yeah, pretty much. But if, in the process, I actually do what the professor wanted me to do (and earn an A in the process), then mission fucking accomplished for both of us. And I still had fun doing the mental gymnastics necessary to come to the conclusions I did.

Now, if annoying people is your primary goal, I can't help you there. And if I could, I wouldn't - it's not very fun for me, and it wouldn't be very productive for you. Since farting loudly was one of your examples, you'll forgive me if I assume you're still quite young, but even if you're not at a stage in your education where you actually need any of these people to help you out, it's not a good habit to get into. What you really don't want to do is, without thinking, let one rip and start giggling while a professor gives the first lecture of the semester in college, and then later it turns out you needed a letter of recommendation.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:27:18 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 07:39:30 pm »

sexuality in popular culture ... Dwarf Fortress

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

popular ... Dwarf Fortress

HA!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8