Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76459 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D2 - Passing [6/7, 1/2, 1/1]
« Reply #300 on: November 01, 2011, 09:43:57 pm »

Play, goddammit.

One decent day of activity isn't good enough.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 02, 2011, 08:00:50 am »

Vote count?

Also, nearly 24 hours of inactivity is not going to get anything done, especially with the votes spread around the way they are.

This isn't really hunting, but it's a way to start activity:

Everyone:  Please restate your case on whomever you are currently voting.  If you are not voting anyone, please explain why no one is suspicious enough to merit a vote.

I'll start.  I'm voting Caz because of his random voting of ShoesandHats, his lack of scum hunting, and his desire to not look like he was joining a bandwagon.

I still want him to answer my question as well.

...and I'm kinda worried that Toaster's experience would make it impossible to decide if he's scum or not, since he seems devoted to catching scum.

Are you saying this is suspicious?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 02, 2011, 11:59:50 am »

Vote count shortly.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D1 - Good Day to Test [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #303 on: November 02, 2011, 12:01:46 pm »

Remalle() -
Shoesandhats(0) -
Shark() -
Caz(1) - Toaster
Andrew425(3) - Remalle, Shark, Caz
drakon136() -
Toaster() -

Not Voting(3) - Shoesandhats, Andrew425, drakon136

The day ends Wednesday 9:00 PM!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:26:20 pm by Think0028 »

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 02, 2011, 02:24:10 pm »

Votecount looks off. Caz changed his vote and i'm both voting and not voting according to the chart.

Shark Everyone thinks that your are the towniest, why do you think that is?
I've been hunting aggressively the whole game.

Andrew, you're off the hook for now, because Caz slipped badly. His recent playing is atrocious.

Unvote.

Caz, these recent posts of yours bothers me. This is my case against you:

I still don't fully understand your reasons for voting andrew, I asked you to elaborate and you didn't.

I ask you questions about the content of your posts, and you have ignored my questions from two separate posts. You're avoiding me. Don't make me link you to them to find them, they're my most recent posts besides this.

Right before you vote andrew, you say "I think Shark and Remalle are town" without a question from someone to prompt it. We were both voting andrew at the time. You then vote him. You're trying to get us to not look at you or your actions by voting who we vote and not questioning us.

When pressured, caz dismissed the questions by whining about how he's a bad player.

Think, will shoes be replaced? He's said pretty much only what's required not to be replaced recently.

Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 02, 2011, 03:42:54 pm »

Votecount fixed. And as long as he keeps saying he wants to play and doesn't want a replace, I'm not gonna replace him. Shoesandhats, if you do want a replace, feel free to ask.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 02, 2011, 03:49:00 pm »

Extend.  I hate to extend again, especially if it's not being used, but we can't end the day with nearly half the players not voting... and hardly anyone posting period.  Also, tie game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 02, 2011, 04:13:58 pm »

I don't really have anything to post about since I already made my opinions. How long will the day be extended to this time?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 02, 2011, 04:26:47 pm »

If the extend passed, it would go to Friday.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 02, 2011, 05:40:36 pm »

What happens if there's a draw?  Automatic extend or no lynch?  Coin toss?

Everyone:  Please restate your case on whomever you are currently voting.  If you are not voting anyone, please explain why no one is suspicious enough to merit a vote.
My vote is on Andrew.  He first attracted my suspicion by trying to make it seem I wasn't voting Caz because we were scumbuddies, which to me seemed like he was trying to force me to vote someone not him.  And, of course, he didn't vote for me despite having as much evidence on me as I then had on Caz, like he didn't want to attract attention by being the first to vote.  Once he had my attention I read his Day 1 posts, of which there were hardly any, least of all scumhunting.  After I called jim out on that, he turned it back around on me instead of answering.  After Toaster called him out on that, he proceeded to not answer those same questions, still preferring to deflect them instead.  When he finally answered my questions it was again in the form of a redirection, this time pointing the finger at Drakon, who had already addressed the issues Andrew was using as evidence against him.  That was the point when I voted him, and since then I've seen no reason to change my mind.

Drakon and Shark, you didn't answer my questions.  Actually, Drakon, all you've done since I posted this is ask "Where's Shoes?", which had already been asked half a dozen times.
Drakon, you got an extension so you could have time to scumhunt.  When are you going to do so?  Who do you suspect right now, and why?
Shark, several people so far, including myself, have mentioned you're the most town-seeming player.  Who do YOU think is towniest?

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 02, 2011, 06:24:37 pm »

I'm going to vote for an Extend so everyone can weigh into the conversation

I've been going through the chat extensively and I think Caz is scum

Honestly I suspect Andrew425 more but don't want to be seen as 'joining the bandwagon'.

That to me seems like Caz is trying to act like town which is making him scummy.

Remalle's logic seems kinda scummy as well, a simple comment about how you were softballing a question to another guy and you get all riled up about it. All your other stuff in your post is you trying to bullshit your way through it and how I didn't answer your questions right away when I had already explained my reasoning to shark.

Remalle I've got my eye on you.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 02, 2011, 06:26:05 pm »

Extend, so we can get this right. The whole situation is rather iffy right now.

Sorry remalle, missed the question.

"Shark, several people so far, including myself, have mentioned you're the most town-seeming player.  Who do YOU think is towniest?"

Toaster has done nothing for me to suspect him, and every time I asked him a question I accepted his explanation. He also started the extend and is getting everyone to restate opinions so we can make the right vote.

If I were to answer this question based on earlier events I would have had to think about it more, but I probably would have said toaster anyway just because i've never suspected him for anything.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 02, 2011, 06:34:34 pm »

If there's a tie in votes no one will be lynched.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 02, 2011, 06:50:29 pm »

Remalle's logic seems kinda scummy as well, a simple comment about how you were softballing a question to another guy and you get all riled up about it. All your other stuff in your post is you trying to bullshit your way through it and how I didn't answer your questions right away when I had already explained my reasoning to shark.
Remalle I've got my eye on you.
I'm sorry you don't like my reasons.  In fact, I'll add another one to the list right now, just for you: OMGUSing.

Shark: ok.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 02, 2011, 09:09:21 pm »

Remalle:

It's up to the mod (and should be stated in the rules), but in this games (and most games on this board) it leads to a no-lynch.

I'm sorry you don't like my reasons.  In fact, I'll add another one to the list right now, just for you: OMGUSing.

Personally, I only see an OMGUS as scummy when it is flagrant.  Doing with an FoS just seems... meh.

Further, he's been attacking you all day.  How is this an OMGUS?

Actually, going back to a question I remember asking about this, I hit something quite interesting that I missed the first time.  [This is why rereading is important!]
(trimmed slightly)

Andrew: What's your read on Remalle?  You've gone back and forth with him a lot, but I can't see an opinion of him in your words.

I get an answer to the question which gives me more to go off of.

What's your read on Remalle?  You've gone back and forth with him a lot, but I can't see an opinion of him in your words.

I go from thinking he/she is scummy to thinking they are town. I couldn't really get a read of them on the 1st day but they seem to be doing more scumhunting than most people, nothing has seemed 'off' so far. Honestly I suspect Andrew425 more but don't want to be seen as 'joining the bandwagon'.

I've covered the answer itself, but I missed the deeper bit- I asked the question to Andrew and Caz answered it!

Why is this relevant?  Sometimes scumbuddies get confused and answer questions for their teammates*!

Caz:  Why did you answer the question for Andrew?

Andrew:  What do you think Caz meant by answering the question that was directed at you?  Do you think was scummy of him?

*Note- this is not me saying looking for teams is a good idea.  This is something to investigate, and I'm going to investigate them separately.  Note how I've questioned both of them on it individually.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30