Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Trampletongs - An experiment with citizen mandates [Community Fort]  (Read 7225 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: Trampletongs - An experiment with citizen mandates [Community Fort]
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2011, 06:10:55 pm »

Wow...You're just being bullshitted on, srsly.
Can i be a dorf that stays out of harms way? That influx and my death at the first battle kinda effected me.
A mason or craftsdorf would be nice.
Name: Mazrul
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:20:29 am by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2011, 08:03:28 pm »

The maze if for the caged people that survive the arena.

Adding on to that maze mandate, it should be filled with all forgotten beats that show up to the fort.

o and just for dungeon master flavor, enable Animal trainer, Animal caretaker, Furnace operator, Metal crafter. armorsmith, weaponsmithing and metalsmithing.

CAPES I MANDATE CAPES! OF ALL COLORS!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:11:41 pm by Uthric »

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2011, 05:37:20 am »

I don't really feel like writing today, so have this map of the fortress instead!

Uthric: I'm not going to build a maze to trap enemies. They won't survive the arena anyway and if they would then I'd have to keep pulling levers to keep them in. It's just going to be annoying.
If sad, apply kittens.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2011, 08:43:39 am »

mandate: a paparett and someway of putting out bait animals so that our crossbow dwarves, in future, can play: Shoot the beak wolf.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2011, 08:47:31 am »

mandate: a paparett and someway of putting out bait animals so that our crossbow dwarves, in future, can play: Shoot the beak wolf.
Single tile pillar and upright spikes under it, so dodgers land there.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 09:03:35 am »

I MADATE THAT SOAP BE MADE! AND I MANDATE THAT I BE MADE HEAD SOAPMAKER!
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2011, 09:17:08 am »

Requesting Dwarfage as Taylos, a glum furnace operator/blacksmith that doesn't speak much except for scathing sarcasm, or something similar if that doesn't suit your style. Since the furnace operating and blacksmithing might be slow I request that he train in wrestling in his spare time.

Mandate: The arena is used for wrestling training against unarmed goblins. All expendable dwarves must train in wrestling until they are at least novice.

I'm loving this so far by the way. Good luck with the storm of fecal matter barraging your fortress!
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 05:24:51 am »

Uthric: I'm not going to build a maze to trap enemies. They won't survive the arena anyway and if they would then I'd have to keep pulling levers to keep them in. It's just going to be annoying.

It's a shame that pressure plates won't simply toggle regardless of position. Grrr.

Atis mumbles something in response to hearing about the siege. You think it was, "Wow, I'm glad I'm not (mumble, mumbles) survive this, (mumble mumble) decorate all the (mumble mumble) and pots with the bones of our foes."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2011, 05:04:15 pm »

Goldenherbs mandates that any captured prisoners of war or other captured sentients who did not attack a dwarf, domestic animal, or other friendly creature (elvish and human traders may or may not count) will be gathered and released into the fortress during a time of peace in an attempt to show to the world that we are broad-minded and hopefully get some awesome soldiers in the process. Any who attack anyone thereafter may be killed. Ideally, they would be released into the presence of a noble or citizen who just made an expensive mandate...Ideally not Goldenherbs, he will be needed to clean up from the results of failed integration, saboteurs, and others who are not as peaceful as their previous behavior indicated.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 07:02:30 am »

Entry 6

We...

Are...

AWESOME!

I don't know how we pulled it off. I really don't, but we beat them. We beat all of them.
Of course I wasn't expecting to survive this without any kind of damage; two military dwarves died in the battle. But the important thing is we showed 'em what we were made of! We showed that that if they try to mess with us we'll teach 'em a lesson that they won't soon forget!

There was a small celebration of our victory going on in the dining room. I have written a short speech for the occasion:

"Fellow dwarves of Trampletongs! Lend me your ears!

Today we achieved great victory! We defeated enemies who were better equipped and in much, much greater numbers! But before we celebrate we must remember what it cost us. We must remeber our brethren, who have fought bravely but were killed brutally by this very same enemy.

We are never truly safe! There is always risk! There is always another enemy around the corner! But with your help we can face these risks! Complete these challenges and defeat these foes! With your help... We shall craft shields that will stop every blow! Axes that will cut down all challenges! Walls so high even dragons won't be able to fly over them! Machines that can tame magma itself!

If we work together we can perform feats that even the gods themselves can't do.

Tonight we shall feast! But tomorrow? Tomorrow we shall work to make Trampletongs the greatest fort that ever was or will be!"

It was a good speech. I got as far as the second sentence before I was flooded in mandates.

"We need better walls! With a parapett!", "We need crossbowmen!", "CAPES!", "(mumble mumble)", "We need to let our prisoners go, man! Maybe they just need a hug!"

I let out a deep sigh. For some reason, I just couldn't become angry over this sheer stupidity. "My brothers and sisters! As the leader of this fort I promise you we shall do all of those things!"

A mass of cheers emerged from the audience.

"Except for the hugging our enemies thing. That's just stupid."

"Aww."
If sad, apply kittens.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 08:23:32 am »

"Except for the hugging our enemies thing. That's just stupid."
Mandate: The arena is used for wrestling training against unarmed goblins. All expendable dwarves must train in wrestling until they are at least novice.
Show them the strength of our tolerance, release them at Arena of Hugs and let dwarfs from Hugging Team hug them tight!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2011, 09:29:15 am »

"I am NOT a Team Hugger!" Atis whispers defiantly. "Wait, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2011, 09:37:35 am »

I'd like to be dwarfed as a male named G. Preferebly an Axedwarf.

I'd also like to mandate a steel shotgun battle axe for me only.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2011, 09:49:26 am »

I'm sorry, I realize my last request is still underway and you're very busy, but that was for the betterment of the fort and this is just...for me.

I want...a bat. A giant bat. My very own. My very own, giant hunting bat.
(Gcd's eyes sparkle with a faraway look)

I promise I'll tame it and train it myself. So...please?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2011, 10:22:53 am »

Erm... Have you re-dorfed meh?
Anders II... sounds like a good name
Screw my previous comment, get me back in the military.
Say i'm Anders' lost son, and i just came to the fortress
Mandate: I WANT TO BE HEAD! AGAIN!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5