Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Lastrags - A Succession Game  (Read 10791 times)

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lastrags - A Succession Game
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2011, 09:52:46 pm »

Can't wait to start :)

EDIT: I hope he didn't fall asleep without upping the save...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:03:25 pm by dwarf -lover- »

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2011, 10:23:29 pm »

Can't wait to start :)

EDIT: I hope he didn't fall asleep without upping the save...
Indeed.

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2011, 10:47:33 pm »

1st Grante Year 502

Hello reader! This is the journal of Stizashfikod, but you can all me 'Dwarf Lover' *suggestive eyebrow wrinkling*. I am the newly elected leader of the beautiful outpost named Lastrags. 'How!?' you ask? Why that is a funny story actually, and it all started yesterday...

"I am stepping down from leadership, and will be electing a replacement so that I may work upon more important stone-related matters!"

The room was filled with gasps and then was silent with anticipation,

"Since I never was a very good judge of character, probably explaining my recent lack of a love life, I shall choose my replacement at random, by pulling names from this helm."

Yada yada yada, you can probably guess the rest since I'm writing this. Anyway, on to business!

My first act as leader will be to carve myself a set of extravagent lodgings, and have this Kadol Titthaluzol fellow smooth them over. Did I mention I elected him to be the new stone detailer? Well, I did. I suppose at the same time I should design a hospital, I have a feeling that with all the valuable crap I've been hearing about from upstairs, we may be over-due for a goblin raid.

1st Slate Year 502

Good god, puppies are being born EVERYWHERE!

3rd Slate Year 502

My today is gearing up to be a very busy day:

First off the hospital is designed and my rooms were finished a bit ago.

I actually forgot to draw the hospital, I really can't be bothered.

Now we're in the midst of Datan Uzolmuzish demanding crap for an "artifact" and about 20 migrants flooding the food stockpi-

Oh god...The auxiliary miner brings up description of a horrible monster.

Thank the god's that he's walled in down in the cavern...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:18:24 am by dwarf -lover- »

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2011, 12:44:35 am »

!!!!
Hey dwarfy, can you PM me the file so I can get to the deity list?
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Eastep

• Bay Watcher
  • Puppysicle
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2011, 02:59:11 am »

The Journal of Eastep

Histories, Chapter 1 "юб endunge", Verse 8:
"The Destroyer of the Depths; the Forgotten, The Hated, The Feared."

"Ye that heare the words of this booke, and keepe those things which are written therein: to know the destroyer that shall come vpon him. Ye who dig for it (Admantine) more than for hid treasures; Let destruction come vpon him at vnawares. And euery one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall bee likened vnto a foolish dwarfe, which built his dwelling within the sand, and layeth no traps." Excerpt from Histories

Ye Gods! It's a beast from below!
Could this be He, from the great Histories? A forgotten beast to punish us for bringing more craftsdwarves in, and for our leader Shark abandoning us for the Dwarf Lover!?

We haven't prepared any defenses, and now the Destroyer of the depths is upon us! I shall work with more gems to comfort myself.

Lovely, lovely gems.

-------

Looks great so far guys! A beast has finally come to challenge the fortress! Can we make that militia now?
Forgotten Beasts just want to be loved!

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2011, 08:46:53 am »

I've breached all 3 cavern layers on a fort of 65 dwarfs that made a BUNCH of cash with engless gems, but I never got an fb or a siege. Just like, 4 ambushed in a row. Although, I only went 2.5 years.

Anyway, keep it up! I can't wait to see what happens to the fort.

GET THAT ADAMANTINE! >__>;; The only metal right now is lead/silver. If you really like your blunt weapons, I left 12 silver bars for you.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2011, 09:42:43 am »

I have thirst for another succession fort, and your fort looks interesting : D. Count me in!

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2011, 01:00:49 pm »

I have thirst for another succession fort, and your fort looks interesting : D. Count me in!
Done.

Shiio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2011, 06:42:02 pm »

I finally have a laptop that can play DF without unbearable lag. Please sign me up for number 9, provided you don't have a better position in mind.

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2011, 06:56:45 pm »

I finally have a laptop that can play DF without unbearable lag. Please sign me up for number 9, provided you don't have a better position in mind.
Done.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2011, 07:06:14 pm »

Can't wait to see more from -Dwarf Lover-, he's prolly going to have a really interesting year :D
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2011, 07:21:36 pm »

I have a lot of plans, and half of my next journal written up. Going to a hockey game right now, will be back in approximately 5 hours and will try and play out the rest of the year.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2011, 08:48:53 pm »

The Pantheon --finally.

Most of what is known of The Big Walled Fountain's theology comes from a pair of books - Histories and Words, both written by a dwarf known only as The Poet. Histories is a collection of stories spanning from the creation of the world to the middle of Risen Lightgravel's reign. In this book, the pantheon is listed as follows:

• Noglesh, female dwarf: fortresses, war
  • Erib, male dwarf: metals
  • Shin Cavegravel the Oily Ink, male dwarf: jewels
  • Datan, male dwarf: minerals
  • Kasben Pinesflew the Strong Coast, female dwarf: mountains, volcanos, fire, the sun, nature
  • Stettad Sellgolds, male dwarf: wealth, trade
  • Rakas, male dwarf: travelers
  • Dasel, female dwarf: the sky
  • Edir Cavecloaks the Secretive Bewilderment, male dwarf: trickery, lies, treachery
  • Istam Sunglisten the Sparkle of Lanterns, female dwarf: day
  • Sakub, female dwarf: hospitality
  • Rurast the Flowery Drums, female dwarf: mist, dance, music

Words is a collection of poems The Poet wrote claiming divine inspiration from Dasel. Some readers of Words claim that all the poems are prophetic in some way, while the rest of the civilization just use it as a collection of proverbs. The most-repeated poem in Words is Poem 25, commonly called "The Monarch's Promise." The most-repeated line is 15:7, most often used as an insult against elves.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Shiio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2011, 08:54:55 pm »

Done.

Thank you.

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2011, 12:21:57 am »

5th Slate Year 502

Today Thikut (the other miner) told me I was legendary for my work as a miner. I was truely flattered, and thanked him, such a nice fellow that one.

6th Slate Year 502

I just this morning realized something;

Shark must have some sort of deep seated mental troubles revolving around animals...

20th Slate Year 502

So far not much has been happening since that giant ass crocodile thing crawled out from the abyss. a Bunch of puppies being born, masterpiece junk is being cranked out like it's on sale, and Datan Uzolmuzish is still sitting in the jeweler shop with no jewels. I should probably go mine him some...

24th Slate Year 502

Datan has started a 'mysterious construction', or at least thats what he mumbled to himself when I pegged him in the head with a rough lapis lazulis. That'll teach him for demanding "rough-colour".

28th Slate Year 502

Oh that's original.

I mean come on, there aint even any pictures on it!

14th Felsite

Journal entries have been sparse as I set up my new accomodations, I did hear some guy killed an elephant though.

I might consider assigning some new chefs from this mass of migrants, seeings as they do nothing but idle, and that meat will sour soon. I also think since the hospital is about 80% done, I'll recruit a few doctors and nurses from the workpool.

27th Hematite Year 502

It is the early summer, and I have designated 2 mechanics to begin manufacturing mechanisms, this will hopefully be in time for my project. I also have enlisted 8 random dwarfs into two seperate squadrons of the militia, they will train non-stop until a need for them arises.

2nd Malachte Year 502

Five new chef's have been deputized under the master chef "Id Oddomgeber", they shall be racing to produce tradeable meals from this over abundance of elephant meats.

17th Malachite Year 502

The kennels are operational, and so far we have a fair amount of war dogs. They shall accompany the new recruits into battle as needed.

28th Malachite Year 502

Our first goblin was caught today, a snatcher. And on that note so far 6 war dogs have been trained and assigned to the militia commander, his captain, and a single recruit, two each. Hopefully this will stave off the need for the hospital anytime soon. In other news a leatherworker was posessed... Those dogs may become handy soon.

7th Galena Year 502

Alas the final days of summer are upon us. As winter draws close the mechanics and masons finish up the last touches on our trapped hallway, it will obviously need many more traps, but it will do for now.
[traphall]
The leathercrafted finished his little project, and feast your eyes upon thus!

A boot...toss it in the pile of other shit we can't do anything with.

8th Galena Year 502
I have finished designing my grand project; the building material list is steep indeed, but I believe it can be done before the on-set of winter, I truely do wish to see this baby in action before freezing season.

19th Galena Year 502

A bottleneck of wood has arisen, what with 4 carpenters working simultaneously wood runs out quickly. The miners toil furiously at carving out the area, so furiously that they breached a cavern, and I had to call in Shark to wall the place up.

1st Limestone Year 502

The dry season has come. Early autumn, so says the calander. I still feel summer's warmth, or maybe that is an ongoing lucid dream, either way it feels good.

3rd Limestone Year 502

As I fill my quarters and dining hall with statues of Shark I begin to wonder how people will remember me. For my great project of civil astuteness, or for my grand rooms of decadancy? It matters not, for they really are quite grand.

I'll be finishing winter tommorow some time, and pming next in line with the save.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 02:08:48 am by dwarf -lover- »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11