Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Lastrags - A Succession Game  (Read 10785 times)

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lastrags - A Succession Game
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2011, 12:12:37 pm »

People will remember me as the Mad King. Oh but that comes later ;) It will be interesting for sure.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2011, 12:45:16 pm »

People may also remember you as the Mad King who was violently slaughtered while being thrown to the hydras(or whatever violent animals I can find).

Just saying.

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2011, 12:55:43 pm »

People may also remember you as the Mad King who was violently slaughtered while being thrown to the hydras(or whatever violent animals I can find).

Just saying.
If any of you survive my glorious reign. <3
Remember; Dwarves are very rigid traditional beasts, they serve their nobility per tradition unless some 'horrible accident' happens.
Which may happen frequently if others act out like you ;)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2011, 01:11:15 pm »

I'll bide my time...

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2011, 12:37:27 pm »

I'm impatient.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2011, 12:55:33 pm »

I'm impatient.
As am I. Dwarf Lover still hasn't finished.

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2011, 04:34:07 pm »

27th Limestone Year 502

More friggen migrants, I still haven't gotten all the old ones to work yet. I've designated a few more masons, and for a new workstation area to be excavated. So far the chefs are making quick work of the surplus meat, we may end up selling prepared meals en masse this year.

2nd Sandstone Year 502

Today a snatcher was encountered, he tried stabbing Sakzul Arekvucar, but by his own claim his knife "deflected" off of his cloth jacket... Needless to say he has quite a few skeptics of his story.

15th Sandstone Year 502

So far things are going wonderfully, my requested building materials are almost done being manufactured. Soon we shall know the wonderful texture of adamantine once again! In other news I've designated the completion of the well, since the hospital is mostly complete it will be right next to that.

19th Sandstone Year 502

There was a bit of an accident...

Well that's good at least...
Really not sure how this idiot got down here, but sure enough the instant I turn the well on she flies down the hatch and into her watery tomb. I'm sure her two children will be very choked up about this, good thing they don't work.

25th Sandstone Year 502

So far so good, the kitchens have been running at maximum efficiency for months now, and they've cut it down to just about 200 urists of elephant meat

3rd Timber Year 502

With winter closing in on the fortress I've decided I shall leave my construction for next year, I am tiring of this leadership roll. All this running about screaming "My hair is on fire what shall I do?" "Jump in the well dumb-ass" oh wait who was that guy who drowned... Anyway I do think I shall pass off the burden of leadership to another poor fool. In fact I believe I shall pass off the designs of the project to the next 'leader', and he can finish whilst I quietly watch from my room(s).

18th Timber Year 502

All the meat has been taken care of, we now have a huge mass of prepared meals, and a fluctuating amount of alcohol, food stores have just now breached 2,000 urists of foodstuffs.

19th Timber Year 502

Traders! They come bearing exotic human-goods. As they are spotted on the horizon half the fortress charges out to loot them of supplies for the hospital. Don't look at me, I didn't tell 'em to do it.

1st Moonstone Year 502

Winter arrives on the calander, and with it a goblin murder squad. The militia rushes out to meet them, confident in their months of hard training. A mechanic is killed by a goblin maceman just as the militia arrives.  All looks well until Olin Akreloslan takes a flail to the back of the head, and the militia begins to dwindle. Among the chaos civilians flock about recovering the dead

3rd Moonstone Year 502

Whilst the militia is bravely dieng for our freedom outside, I am inside securing our wealth with a massive trade.

It really is becoming a full on blood bath out there...

8th Moonstone Year 502

Finally the invading goblins were evicted, and 3 of the original militia still live! I of course immedietly assigned 5 new recruits to begin training for the next visit.

In other non-goblin-related news, an artifact out of nowhere!

I know exactly where I'm putting this too...

12th Opal Year 502

Today yet another 'beast of terrible horror' has come to the fort, thankfully through the same cavern which is currently still sealed off.

These guys aren't too intelligent I take it.

14th Opal Year 502

Well lo and behold, one of our puppy cavern explorers reports back to me some interesting news about our mosquito friend.

I wonder if they got the alligator guy too.

1st Granite Year 503

Today is the day, the wet season arrives and I relieve myself of my de facto commander position. I leave the fortress with 51 brave dwarfs, myself included, and with riches unbound. I bid luck to the next leader, whoever you are, don't forget to check out the notes I left down by the water filled cavern.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:47:45 am by dwarf -lover- »

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2011, 10:43:14 am »

Sounds like you are have done nice work whit your year, nice.
Lot of FB around here, maybe they are doing little "There can only be one!" fight down there?
I think its gona get interesting ^^

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2011, 04:56:10 pm »

Introduction to the Mad King:

Hello my dwarven slaves, how I love to torture your pitiful souls and break your bodies. It seems my predecessors left me with a right good mess.
Things are much too orderly, functional, and alive for my liking. It is time I brought the fun back to Dwarf Fortress.
It is time to spill blood needlessly in sacrifice for our one true god; Armok. May he live forever in our cold dead dwarven hearts feasting on goblin testicles.

The Beginning: In the beginning I found myself with a lot of caged goblins, lots of bones,and some highly inexperienced militia nublets. WELL WE SHALL SOON FIX THIS!

My first mass order was simple and brilliant, as always. Butcher all the dogs/cats/everything else except Dwarves. Maybe the dwarven children too o.o
Because as Goerge R.R. Martin always says "Winter is coming!"

My second order was to smooth every single stone in the fort. Everyone. Because right now the fort looks super ugly. :L
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:14:10 pm by LoneTophat »

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2011, 08:16:42 pm »

This already sounds like it's going to be a hilarious year.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2011, 11:49:18 pm »

Words, lines 102:1-2

To Edir Cavecloaks, nobody is sacred.
Pray for those who he calls his friends.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2011, 05:54:08 pm »

Tophat, sorry to make fun of you, but succession games you're involved in tend to slide. Your other 2 topics died. Don't let this one die! I want to see it get somewhere :D
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2011, 06:04:09 pm »

I hope he's still alive...

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2011, 05:19:34 pm »

??? three days since his intro, and he is a no show. that speaks a lot. he hasn't even started the main thing (as far as I can see).  :-\
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2011, 06:32:54 pm »

He yelled at me and dwarf lover, who were making journals with pictures, for being slow. He then promptly dissapears. If he never shows up, dwarf, pass on the save to the next guy...
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11