Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Shartak: Browser MMO with Cannibals  (Read 10983 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Shartak: Browser MMO with Cannibals
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 12:40:38 am »

My Pirate IGN is "The Great Nix". 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 01:44:47 pm »

Can we build a base of some kind? Or do we just raid other settlements?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 02:07:38 pm »

Can we build a base of some kind? Or do we just raid other settlements?

The shipwreck sort of is our base, although I think most Outsider towns will welcome pirates, maybe? We'll find out when the three of us get to York! :)

http://www.shartak.com/profile.cgi?id=19462
Happy Trauma killed me with a blowgun in my sleep. Bleh! :( Contacted a Wandering shaman, need more AP before I stand up though and check my location on the GPS.

We were apparently too close to Dalpok, it seems, and upset the natives.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:11:11 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 03:32:51 pm »

We were apparently too close to Dalpok, it seems, and upset the natives.

Uh oh. I've been running closer and closer to Dalpok trying to follow you guys. Hopefully I'll avoid them... the jungle is getting really thick though.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 04:53:25 pm »

Trying it out kinda, doubt I'll play long, made a pirate dude.

Name is obvious: Rilder
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 09:22:07 pm »

Just got an e-mail from the Shartak admin an hour ago, related to this topic (particularly those who forgot passwords):
Spoiler: E-mail (click to show/hide)

So, yeah. Awesomeness. I love it when I get contacted by developers like that. I suppose I'll go add my ref-link to the first post, then?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:23:43 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2011, 09:24:39 pm »

Ask him for fr33 l00t for bringing publicity to the game. It's worth a shot, at least.
EDIT: Hah! He already offered to give you xp/gold. Nice.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:27:48 pm by woose1 »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2011, 09:36:57 pm »

Ask him for fr33 l00t for bringing publicity to the game. It's worth a shot, at least.
EDIT: Hah! He already offered to give you xp/gold. Nice.
That's just a regular referral link that anyone could use, that he noted that I missed.
I wouldn't flat out ask anyone for free stuff, that's just..lame. Making a great game for me is enough :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2011, 01:11:36 am »

Well, got me a GPS by trading in part of my cutlass collection.
Soo, once I get some more AP I'll start making my way yorkwards! It's annoying being in a different timezone to most people though, as I usually end up getting killed. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:29 am »

I made a cannibal, got nearly killed by bleeding from sharks, and then got finished off by a machete using outsider, I just used the home shaman, I'm gonna just hunt random wildlife on the cannibal island for a bit, and maybe remember to bring healing herbs next time I try to leave...
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 12:56:51 pm »

I made a cannibal, got nearly killed by bleeding from sharks, and then got finished off by a machete using outsider, I just used the home shaman, I'm gonna just hunt random wildlife on the cannibal island for a bit, and maybe remember to bring healing herbs next time I try to leave...
As far as I know, a group of pirates has taken over the skull island (where cannibal's home is), and kill off any cannibals who spawn...might be wiser to use a different characters until they go away.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2011, 03:50:26 pm »

Found my old character, in as Jim Davey Jones, a mean-looking pirate

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2011, 04:07:46 pm »

Well, that wandering Shaman was quite a bit East: http://www.itechsc.com/misc/shartak/ubermap/mapposgen.php?cx=-70440&cy=26491

Not too bad, found a road from Durham to the Shipwreck, so I'm following that south to Durham! Then on to York after that. Yay!

If you'd like co-ords of my camps still, (I am out of firewood though!), just PM me..if the admin found us, it wouldn't surprise me if other members looked at the forum for easy sleeping XP, too.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2011, 08:17:18 pm »

DAMN YOU! ANOTHER MMO-THING TO WASTE MY TIME ON! DAMN YOU! :P
So far, so good. Learnin' the ropes as we speak

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2011, 11:38:46 am »

So far, I got some healing herbs, and retreated to [REDACTED FOR PERSONAL SAFETY FROM PIRATES, AND OUTSIDERS] on the island, and whacked a pirate or two with my club (Couldn't kill em, but I hit them a few times, I was searching caves, hoping to find the one that leads to the mainland, just found pirates.) I plan to do these searches a few more times, until I have enough herbs, spare clubs, and whatever else I may want (Still need a backup machete or two.) I am paranoid of pirates, since I have seen roughly three of them in the two or three caves I checked.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9