Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231675 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #1950 on: December 05, 2011, 03:27:28 pm »

Kathos was looking at a map of Mileth when the bodyguard arrived; he folded it and placed it in a corner of his tent while he was answering.

"Alright then, I'll go to her."

Five minutes later - his tent was near the Queen's - he arrived, still in armor.

"You wanted to see me, Your Grace?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 05, 2011, 03:29:39 pm »

"Yes, I just needed someone I could trust to deliver this message..." Laythe picked up the letter, which was unsealed,  and offered it out to Kathos.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 05, 2011, 03:31:41 pm »

Kathos looked briefly at the letter.

"And you want me to bring it to whom?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 05, 2011, 03:33:50 pm »

"The Arctic fox. It's something he should see..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 05, 2011, 03:35:52 pm »

Tala, can you think of a way to deliver a message to the citizens of Mileth direclty? I want to let them know that they won't be harmed.

Tala thought for a moment.

"Any of our own standard bearing messengers will be shot within bow range of the walls. They have no reason to speak peace with us...

Perhaps we can encourage the local populace caught outside the walls to help us deliver it? Bearing the white flag of truce, under no military standard or armament, they will be searched, but not killed out of hand-lest those inside risk the wrath of those they occupy.

There are a few small camps that have formed in our wake-refugees and such, waiting for the city to be liberated, or us to be driven off. They would help us, I think."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: December 05, 2011, 03:39:29 pm »

Then this will be it. Organize this and see to it. People of Mileth must understand that the fighting is pointless an unncecessary.

Nikephoros then started putting his armor  on. He had a feeling that situation was about to go sour...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: December 05, 2011, 03:41:46 pm »

"Alright. I'll bring it to him."

Kathos left the tent quickly. When he entered, he was surprised to see the marshal and Tala talk to the Arctic Fox, who was now awake.

"Ah, I see the general is no longer sleeping. Good. I have a letter for you, Arctic Fox, from the Queen."

He gave the letter to the general and turned towards Nikephoros and Tala.

"So, what did he say?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: December 05, 2011, 03:44:19 pm »

"Same thing he told you. He is a stubborn idiot willing to get everyone killed. What is in that letter anyway?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 05, 2011, 03:52:02 pm »

"Does our Queen have some great insight into this matter? I would certainly hope so." Tala said, barely concealing her umbrage.

"I'll organize the message to be sent, Nikephoros. Let's hope we can salvage something from this diasaster."

As Tala walked out, Veritas and Vespius took her flanks, as they often did. Vespius whispered something to her. She nodded.

Vespius broke off, talked to another man...and returned to her side.

Actions: Tala tries to convince local refugees caught outside the walls to approach the city with a message of mercy from Nikephoros, bearing nothing but a white flag. Best thing would be to find a self sacrificng priest...

Also, Her officers begin to spread two rumors around camp-which is to say, they talk to their subordinates in hearsay and let human nature do the rest.

1. The Queen attacked the General of the Dragon Empire unprovoked during a peaceful negotiation.

2. Above action has galvanized the forces of Mileth into action, doubling the strength of the city that is to be taken as they resist us. One can see the banners on the wall.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: December 05, 2011, 03:56:39 pm »

Letter to the Arctic Fox

Arctic Fox

First off, I wanted to apologize about my behaviour at the negotiations. It was too far out of line, even for me. I do hope that you'll recover from those injuries soon.

However, I would suggest that you re-open negotiations. Your troops are going to run out of supplies and they do not have the strength to directly oppose us. I urge you for the sake of your soldiers lives to reconsider my offer.

Queen Laythe Ralia.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: December 05, 2011, 04:17:16 pm »

Actions: Tala tries to convince local refugees caught outside the walls to approach the city with a message of mercy from Nikephoros, bearing nothing but a white flag. Best thing would be to find a self sacrificng priest...
The Arctic Fox's soldiers are loyal 'till death, as that is all that awaits them if they surrender.
The people of Mileth have chosen their side, and it is beside the Dragon Empire. A mere offer to surrender carries no weight to them-certainly not after Ligoria's treachery.

Spread rumors in the camp saying that the Arctic Fox attacked the Queen first
1. The Queen attacked the General of the Dragon Empire unprovoked during a peaceful negotiation.
Rumours spread through camp. One thing is certain: The Arctic Fox, the enemy general, was wounded by the queen at the negotiations, and has been brought back into camp. One series of rumours holds that the Queen flipped out and bodyslammed him. Another holds that the Arctic Fox attacked the Queen, and was injured when the Queen defended herself.
[4v5] Both rumours spread like wildfire. Opinions are divided, but the conclusion amongst most of the troops appears to be that they want to see some evidence before they condemn their monarch in favour of some heathen general from over the mountains. In general, the troops are unhappy, but not spectacularly so- though they would like to hear more about this incident, preferably from an official source.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: December 05, 2011, 04:18:25 pm »

"Shame the general doesn't want to cooperate. Maybe we can still use him to put pression on the officers behind the walls, if they are loyal, they might actually surrender to save him. I wouldn't bet on it, though. By now, I would not be surprised if every soldier in the imperial army is already convinced that he is a dead man walking."

When Nikephoros asked about the letter, Kathos simply shrugged.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: December 05, 2011, 04:23:52 pm »

As soon as his captain is finished explaining him the 24th way in which he is not a good soldier, Sheb will go and see the company's saddlemaker and pay him good money to have a pair of leather manacle crafted.

The next day, they'll be sent to Tala's quarter, along with the following message:

Code: [Select]
Dear Lady Alanis

I was most honoured to be your guest yesterday. However, despite the pleasant company and entertaining
conversation, a major flaw in your accomodation made a otherwise perfect evening into a mere good one.
Please allow me to correct this by offering you this finely crafted pair of handcuffs.

Oh, and should you wish to speak to me again, don't bother knocking me out in front of the High Command, you can
just send a messenger to the 2nd Scouting Squadron from the Royal Guard. Captain Vilshmick will know where
 to find me.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: December 05, 2011, 04:36:22 pm »

Fair enough. I will get our troops prepared and give them that speech.

Walking out of the tent, armored and determined, Nikephoros quickly found himself amongst the soldiers. Finding a high place on a stack of barrels, he stood up. Soldiers quckly gathered round waiting for the words of the marshal.

"Men! During the peaceful negotiations, our queen has been assaulted by the general of the Dragon Empire. The fool didn't count on the strength of our queen and Baron Kathos who accompanied her. In result, we have the treacherous dog in our hands and at our mercy. And despite my deepest desire to resolve our differences peacefully, that fanatic refused all sensible arguments, demanding that we condemn to death everyone within the walls of Mileth. It is sad but necessary that we must face our grim duty.
But do not fear! I say, let them come! We are superior in training, skills and position. We have better arms and leadership, while they have none! They are nothing but headless chikens,walking to their doom.
Do you rember those drills, training, blood and sweat? Today this labour will bring a bountiful harvest, both in the number of slain foes and in glory that is to be yours when we liberate our kin in Mileth.
So trust me when I say this: I will not leave this place until I see every last one of our foes brought to their knees before us!
For Ligoria!"

Give the speech to dispel the rumours and reinforce the spirit of the soldiers.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:40:06 pm by Ardas »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: December 05, 2011, 04:44:35 pm »

Tala returns from her 'negotiations' with the refugees, about a half hour later. She has a dour look

"Nikephoros, Kathos.

Bad news, gentlemen. The citizenry of Mileth has turned against us-their soldiers and banners now man the walls of Mileth alongside the Dragon Empire's own. They will respond to no offer of surrender."

She sighs. What a mess this is turning out to be.

"Also...rumors are spreading through the camp like a plague, undermining morale. Several of my captains have approached me for information, and I can only turn their suspicion away for so long before they begin to lose faith in me. We must do something before things get out of control."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning...

"What in the blazes? That man..." Tala tossed the manacles into her war chest and wrote a letter back.

She had to admit, he was funny.

To Sheb Secondnamehere

I am disheartened to hear the accomodations were not to your liking. Next time Vespius will arrange for you to be more permanently inconvenienced-perhaps a suite for one, located six feet underground in a pine box?

Also, manacles are quite an inappropriate gift. Are they not intended for at least two people to use? One to put them on...one to wear them? Surely, I can find someone to accomodate my own urge to be restrained like a wild beast. Do you have any suggestions?

Not your friend, Tala Alanis

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 220