Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231587 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #1980 on: December 06, 2011, 02:54:18 pm »

Order the assault on Mileth as soon as night falls, No tactics apart from destroying EVERY enemy combatant.

SOLDIERS! STAY WHERE YOU ARE! PREPARE TO DEFEND YOUR POSITIONS!

Kathos! Get that brat out of here! and get your men ready!
Nikephoros pointed at the queen.

Nikephoros knew this situation is getting out of hand. The battle as it was seemed to be uncertain. Laythe messed up enough.
Nikephoros marched back to his tent, with Arctic Fox still in his bed.

You wanted to die, didn't you? He asked. Well then. My patience has run out. It seems that honour gets more men killed than cunning. But I admire your thinking. You would be a much better monarch than that hysteric girl we Ligorians call our queen. but your time has run out.

A dagger found its place in Nikephoros' hand, and soon enough it was touching Fox's throat. One quick motion and its all over. Wiping his blade, he motionied to his soldiers to cover up the body in spare cloth and take it our of the tent. Then he returned to his position among his soldiers.

Order soldiers to ignore the queen and defend the entrenched positions. Kill Arctic Fox before the battle.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03:48 pm »

As Nikephoros walked out his tent, Pasha fell into step beside him, coming out of the shadows as if he had been there all along. "I heard Laythe and your orders. Listen, I have a risky idea, but I've done it before when I worked for Lord Marlax." He looked around to make sure they were alone, specifically looking for Tala, her bodyguards, and her soldiers. Satisfied none were around, he turned back to the Marshal. "I can slip into the city undetected and wreak some real havoc. I have the supplies to set fire to their granaries and possibly a few other locations too. The idea of their supplies burning away should rattle them. I'm begging you, let me do this. I know you think little of me and my abilities, but we need every advantage we can get. I can leave right now, blend in with the refugees, and sneak into the city at an opportune time. You'll know I've made it if you see smoke."

He swallowed and looked down. "If you don't... tell Tala I'm sorry that I won't be able to make it back."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 06, 2011, 03:04:23 pm »

Kill Arctic Fox before the battle.
[6] Your treacherous blade finds its mark without any trouble. The Arctic Fox is still too injured to react. In fact, he doesn't react at all, beyond gurgling on his own blood and flailing weakly as his life leaves him. The Arctic Fox (Terenos) has been killed.
[4-1] The men seem... surprised by your actions, but the sense of haste instilled by the coming battle leaves them no time to think, and they obey your orders and get rid of the body. You will deal with any fallout when the battle is done.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:09:22 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 06, 2011, 03:11:30 pm »

As Nikephoros walked out his tent, Pasha fell into step beside him, coming out of the shadows as if he had been there all along. "I heard Laythe and your orders. Listen, I have a risky idea, but I've done it before when I worked for Lord Marlax." He looked around to make sure they were alone, specifically looking for Tala, her bodyguards, and her soldiers. Satisfied none were around, he turned back to the Marshal. "I can slip into the city undetected and wreak some real havoc. I have the supplies to set fire to their granaries and possibly a few other locations too. The idea of their supplies burning away should rattle them. I'm begging you, let me do this. I know you think little of me and my abilities, but we need every advantage we can get. I can leave right now, blend in with the refugees, and sneak into the city at an opportune time. You'll know I've made it if you see smoke."

He swallowed and looked down. "If you don't... tell Tala I'm sorry that I won't be able to make it back."

Nikephoros put his hand on Pasha's shoulder.
You know, we haven't been seeing eye to eye lately, but our options are limited and peaceful resolution is beyond our reach. You do have something in that head of yours apart from dreams about Tala though. She will hate me for it, but I agree to your plan. Go, and may you find a safe way back.

Authorize Pasha's manouver.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 06, 2011, 03:24:26 pm »

Pasha breathed a sigh of relief when Nikephoros agreed. "Thank you for the opportunity... and trusting in me. Please, don't tell her where I've gone. She might try to follow me and get hurt... or worse." He hefted his backpack. "I would die for her. This is most likely a suicide mission... but if it means she can get through this alive, then it's worth it." He had left his armor off, but now he took off his swordbelt as well and handed it to Nikephoros... leaving him with only his knife and loaded gloves for a weapon. "Collateral. She gave me that sword a long time ago and I will come back for it... and her. Farewell, Marshal Vandire."

His estimation for the man had gone up a few notches and he saluted him before turning and walking towards the refugee camp. Here, under cover of the cloudy night and shadow, he could slip into it in his peasant's clothes... and then from there, find a way into Mileth.

Prepare to sneak into Mileth at the first opportune moment. Once inside, torch everything of consequence: Granaries, barracks, inns, whatever might cause disruption.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 06, 2011, 03:48:26 pm »

Henry assisted silently to the whole scene, the coming battle, it was clear, would not let him have the proper time to discuss anything with Nikephoros. Put before a tough choice, he decided to join the Ligorian soldiers, as he hadn't fought a decent battle in nearly five years.
"Marshal, I see we can't afford to make you lose your time in discussions. My report to Lord Traianus will have to wait. Tell me where my sword will be of the most use, and I will gladly join in the battle."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 06, 2011, 03:55:53 pm »

Tala had just nodded off for a moment in her tent, the exhaustion and bitterness coming down upon her like a pall...and how come as she woke, she felt the world had just turned on it's axis?

The camp was in chaos. Soldiers running everywhere-some were starting to clamber over the earthworks to engage an unseen foe, others were being held back by frantic officers.

She saw Nikephoros. When he saw her, Tala made out the marks on his face-true, wracking guilt, but withheld using every ounce of his self control. He wasn't trying hard to hide it.

She approached him, was battered by a crowd of soldiers streaming toward the front, and struggled through.

A scream pierced the night air, freezing everyone in their tracks for a moment. A young soldier had been moving out of the earthworks in confusion, and received an arrow in the throat from an eagle-eyed Dragon Empire Sniper. Three of his friends-one bearing a shield, two carrying-essayed out to rescue him...

The confusion only got worse after that...

"Marshal! What the Hell is going on here?"

Before he could answer, another man approached.

"Marshal, I see we can't afford to make you lose your time in discussions. My report to Lord Traianus will have to wait. Tell me where my sword will be of the most use, and I will gladly join in the battle."

Bloody opportune time. But could they trust him?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 06, 2011, 04:08:10 pm »

Sheb had spent a terrible night. After his adventure of the day before, Captain Vilshmick had him clean and grease all of the squadron's already shining saddles as a punishment. As he was getting ready to sleep, a messenger brought him a message from Tala.

Code: [Select]
    To Sheb Secondnamehere

I am disheartened to hear the accomodations were not to your liking. Next time Vespius will arrange for you to be more permanently inconvenienced-perhaps a suite for one, located six feet underground in a pine box?

Also, manacles are quite an inappropriate gift. Are they not intended for at least two people to use? One to put them on...one to wear them? Surely, I can find someone to accomodate my own urge to be restrained like a wild beast. Do you have any suggestions?

Not your friend, Tala Alanis

He for one would volunteer for that kind of duty. The only tough of Tala restrained "like a wild beast" send blood surging to his groin, but apparently it was not the time to indulge into fantasies. A few dozens meters away, the Queen, stepping out of her quarter started shouting. She ordered an attack on the city from the whole army. However, before any of the messenger departed to bring the news to the other regiment's commander, Marshal Nikephoros, rushing from his own quarter his facer ed with rage started shouting back.

"SOLDIERS! STAY WHERE YOU ARE! PREPARE TO DEFEND YOUR POSITIONS!"

He then turned back to his tent, leaving a confused mess behind him. To Sheb however, things were only too clear. The tales of the Queen being injured in the fight with the Arctic Fox were fake, he knew as much from yesterday ride. Now, the Marshal had refused her order. Sheb wasn't sure because of the distance, but he tough the Marshal had gone so far as to call her a brat, and order Sir Thunderblade to detain her. It didn't take a genius to connect the dots: the marshal and Sir Thunderblade were effectively engaged in a palace coup, betraying their Queen.

He wouldn't allow it. Climbing on a barrel of his own, he started shouting to his fellow soldiers.

"Friends! The Queen is detained! Vandire and Thunderblade are lying to you, for the Queen is well. They are keeping her out to take the Throne for themselves! We are the Royal Guard, we swore our oaths to the Queen. It is our duty to defend her!"

Sheb will gather as many of his friends from the squadron and the rest of the regiment as he can, and demand that the Queen be released and her orders obeyed.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 06, 2011, 04:09:00 pm »

Nikephors turned to Tala.
It seems that our foe decided to break the siege. But I do not intend to give them that satisfaction. stay close to me and lets get through this together.
Then he turned to Henry.
I need you to observe and remeber everything that happens here. and stay out of trouble. If we get out of this, you can inform Avitus. If we perish, you will be the one to tell the tale.

With Fox gone and Pasha on his mission, Nikephoros felt sick. Just as he did when he learned of Ara's death. Honour seems to be valuable only when its gone. And the years spent on duty suddenly seemed like time wasted. But now was not to the time to think of these tings. More lives were on stake. And if he was to face his punishment later on, he will face it without objection. But only when his duty is done.

Finding his place among his soldiers again, with help of Tala he started restoing the order and preparing the regments for battle.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 06, 2011, 04:22:33 pm »

A giant appeared behind Sheb Dimplefeather. A giant in a black and gold armor. Kathos stared at him, a cold light flickering in his eyes. When he spoke, his voice was incredibly sarcastic and even a little humorous - but his eyes did not lie about his mood. However, none of the soldiers could see his face, thanks to the helmet, save for Sheb who was right in front of him.

"An interesting story, soldier. Since the Queen is still standing with her guard, could you kindly tell me how we are 'detaining' her? She is the Queen, but Nikephoros is the Marshal, and they are having a discussion about strategy right now. Since night has not fallen yet, you do not have to obey the Queen's orders right now. Until they make a decision, I think you can wait here without breaking anyone's orders."

He was right. He was about to do something about the Queen, but that idiot had interrupted him. She was still completely free.

"Soldiers, that man is either drunk or high on opium. Either way, I do not want him near the front line. Bring him to his tent and make sure he does not get out. I'll talk to him once I have some time."

((Don't react to something before we actually did it, Sheb. Next time, be patient.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 06, 2011, 04:24:04 pm »

It seems that our foe decided to break the siege. But I do not intend to give them that satisfaction. stay close to me and lets get through this together.

The way he said it implied something. Why was he acting so protective of her now? Perhaps...

But the general was moving, and she was following. No time for questions. Pasha was in fact, the furthest thing from her mind. Her man. She loved him, and thus death could not touch him, she then reasoned. Best to keep herself safe until they could be reunited again....
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 06, 2011, 04:28:33 pm »

Sheb will gather as many of his friends from the squadron and the rest of the regiment as he can, and demand that the Queen be released and her orders obeyed.
[6-2] You start shouting. A few heads turn. A few people listen to what you are saying. A few people connect the dots with you. The Queen, 'lightly injured' in negotiations. The enemy general, killed by the marshal in cold blood. The Queens- admittedly stupid- orders overridden- of course; the whole thing is a conspiracy to get rid of the queen. The enemy general was killed so that Kathos's treachery (he attacked the both of them) could not be revealed.
Your crazy theory makes perfect sense, even if you are a nobody. A group of fellow soldiers gathers around you, demanding alongside you that the Queen be released and that her orders be obeyed. They prevent Kathos's men from taking you away.

((Shoot, time shenanigans are not a valid defence. Sheb may be crazy, but he has a point. And a 6.))
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 06, 2011, 04:46:55 pm »

((Time for a speech!))

"SOLDIERS! The Queen just ordered you to attack the enemy forces even if they are hiding behind walls, while we can sit on our arses and wait for them to starve or to bring the fight to us, where we will have the advantage. The Marshal is currently trying to convince her that such a decision is foolish. We are still early in the day and she wants you to attack at nightfall. This means that you are no breaking her orders right now. I will ask of you that you wait until night before stating that we are trying to take over.

You can also decide to attack me and the general Nikephoros because Sheb Dimplefeather told you to do so, and start a battle within our own camp. The soldiers on the walls over there will have a nice show to enjoy while their officers send troops after us. That way, you'll make sure that absolutely nobody from this kingdom gets out of this mess alive and the men of the Dragon Empire will be able to invade Ligoria without having to fight a real army first.

If causing the death of every soldier in this army because you do not want to wait for a few hours until the Queen and the Marshal come to an agreement does not look like a good idea, will you please reform your ranks before someone in that city decides that it's time to use that beautiful breach in our defenses you opened when you decided it was a good time to start a civil war?"

Convince the soldiers that this idea is suicidal and stupid

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 06, 2011, 04:55:45 pm »

"If so, why did you lie about the queen being injured? Why did Marshal Vandire just kill the Arctic Fox? Why did he called our Queen a brat, and ordered you to get her out of here? We do not want a civil war. We will gladly return to our station if the queen order us so. We are the Queen's personnal guard, and won't obey to any other noble."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: December 06, 2011, 05:00:45 pm »

"The queen got a dagger in the back but her armor blocked the worst of the hit and the blade did not reach any organ. The Arctic Fox made it clear that he wished to die, and the Marshal made sure that his wish came true. As for you, Sheb Dimplefeather, I beg to remind you that you are part of the regiment of scouts because I got you in there. You are not a member of the Queen's guard and as such, you must obey to my orders. If you want to save your Queen, start by making sure that she will survive the battle to come. Or did you forget about that part, soldier? We are in the middle of a siege. If the Dragon Empire realises that there is infighting in the camp, we are doomed. Return to your tent, soldier, before I grow tired of your stupidity."
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 220