Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Request a short story  (Read 2507 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Request a short story
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:40:16 am »

Okay, I've been trying to improve my writing recently, but I'm in a rut and I need to start working with different styles and different ideas. The practical upshot of this is that I've decided to let you bay twelvers request whatever the hell you want for me to write.

Any genre you want, horror, fantasy, Sci-Fi, Gentle romance(Hard romance would not be postable), mystery, comedy, etc. Just not my little pony, twilight, or non-fiction* based. Other than that I think anything goes.

I'll log up to three people, just give me a vague idea what you want and we're set.

1. Micelus- Fantasy. Started, part 1-2 up. 30K characters thus far.

After your story is done it will be posted here for comments and your reading pleasure, you may request that I PM it to you instead but that makes the whole commenting thing mandatory instead of polite.

*What is the point of writing if you're going to be constrained by reality?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:53:13 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Request a short story
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:42:21 am »

Warhammer 40k, happy ending, gogogogo.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:46:19 am »

Uh.

I've never read any Warhammer 40K, I've never even played computerized warhammer 40K.

Fine fine... To the research mobile.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:49:46 am »

Okay. Simple explanation.

There's a god of hope, and he's evil.

You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 02:16:27 am »

A story about an orc being kidnapped from his tribe as a child and sold off to a sorceror. Eventually, the sorceror started treating him like a son and when he died passed of every tome of magic, every scroll of knowledge, and all artifacts of power in his possession. Now, he must prove himself capable of being granted a license of magecraft from the Royal Mage Commission or face poverty...

Yeah, I don't know if that will make a good story. but that's what I thought of.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 03:11:00 am »

Or a MLP:FiM fanfic about how Celestia kept power for 1000 years. Notice how all bow to her and fear her wrath in the episodes shes in?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 03:40:03 am »

He said no MLP.

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 05:31:27 am »

Watching.

@Draignean: If there's something interesting and you don't want it, do you mind if I take a stab at it? Or maybe you'd be up for some competition? :)

Anyway, here's some idea I stole commandeered from NaNoWriMo forums. I thought I'd do it myself, but I'm not in the mood right now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 01:27:20 pm »

Watching.

@Draignean: If there's something interesting and you don't want it, do you mind if I take a stab at it? Or maybe you'd be up for some competition?

Hell yes, please by all means take the WH40K one. Judging by the wiki it would take weeks for me to get up to speed enough to write it.

---

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 01:54:33 pm »

The adventures of a small tribe of hunter-gatherers with colourful and lovable on The Infinite Plain: a fantasy world with shamanism style magic, witch is literally an infinite plain: instead of the world ending, or going around like a planet, it just on and on with new oceans and continents. Furthermore, while no known civilization has progressed past the iron age or so, and there is light years to the nearest one who's past the paleolitic, certain types of magitech is easy for anyone to make. Specifically, even the most primitive can be expected to carry - or even regularly draw from scratch in the sand every day - something equivalent to a modern tablet computer, including a connection to an internet-like entity connecting instantly (yes, that means faster than light) to more than 10^100 people. Creating traversable portals are also very easy, although it involves making a tree grow in a certain shape meaning there is a few years of waiting needed, and a network of them means you can usually travel by foot to anywhere within billions of light year in less than a month.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 07:04:15 pm »

So, comments?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:54:36 pm by Draignean »
---

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 08:52:04 pm »

That was great :D .

Everything I write eventually ends up repeating the same words and sentences.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 05:43:42 am »

Watching.

@Draignean: If there's something interesting and you don't want it, do you mind if I take a stab at it? Or maybe you'd be up for some competition?

Hell yes, please by all means take the WH40K one. Judging by the wiki it would take weeks for me to get up to speed enough to write it.

Er... No. I don't know anything about WH40K myself. Plus, the request is not specific enough. I personally wouldn't put it in my top 3 if I were you.

Re: your latest piece of writing. Top grade and quickly. Intrigue and... well, continue.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 06:27:09 am »

RE: more detail needed for 40k story.

Protagonist is a human, on the Hive World of Danis XII. Adeptus Mechanicus groups have detected Necron ruins on the planet, and (naturally) wish to investigate. Inquisition gets called in. By this time, the Necron tomb is breached and the Necrons start rising. Inquisition seals off the world, calls in an exterminatus, world is cleansed via virus bombing and atmospheric incineration.

Happy ending.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 08:24:19 am »

RE: more detail needed for 40k story.

Protagonist is a human, on the Hive World of Danis XII. Adeptus Mechanicus groups have detected Necron ruins on the planet, and (naturally) wish to investigate. Inquisition gets called in. By this time, the Necron tomb is breached and the Necrons start rising. Inquisition seals off the world, calls in an exterminatus, world is cleansed via virus bombing and atmospheric incineration.

Happy ending.

Holy Emperor, you're asking for a lot. Maybe I can come up with something. >.>
Pages: [1] 2