Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So I want to make a firebomb  (Read 3660 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: So I want to make a firebomb
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:18 pm »

Bad news there: any way that I can think of to make this material would put it in your hands, and I think it runs temperature checks on inventory stuff anyway.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 08:10:32 pm »

Bad news there: any way that I can think of to make this material would put it in your hands, and I think it runs temperature checks on inventory stuff anyway.
Maybe we can abuse this...

1)Wear wooden gauntlets (Read: Inflict pain on a poor random elf)
2)Produce sunmetal.
3)Strangle/slap/punch enemies with !!fire!!.
4)Dispose of gloves... quickly.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 10:13:44 pm »

Well you could just dispose of the arrows... Into an elf's face.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 10:31:54 pm »

Legendary striker + Wooden gauntlets + Sunmetal. I think we've created a falcon punch. You'd only get one hit (unless you want to melt), although you could throw the gauntlets afterward.

You punch the Elf in the upper body with your !!larch gauntlet!!, shattering the right rib and shattering the left rib and tearing apart the heart and shattering the middle spine!
The Elf is melting! x100
Elf has bled to death.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2011, 08:18:15 am »

If I remember correctly there was a way to make it so that you could fire something from inside (a set temp) to the outside where it would catch fire. This won't help an adventure much though I guess. You'd have to fight some pretty specific battles to make it work and you'd have to dispose of the objects everytime you went outside anyway.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 11:39:36 am »

FALCON PUNCH!
Actually, if you did it right, you could burn all the fat off your hands, then punch everyone to fiery death.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 02:06:09 pm »

In the Genesis mod you have arrows which only catch fire after one turn. It might be worth asking Deon/TomiTapio.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 12:10:25 am »

I tried some more stuff with sunmetal, and it turns out that sunmetal backpacks do not ignite anything placed in them.  I'm still unsure as to whether the inverse is true, but it seems DF doesn't run temperature checks on things not exposed to air/water/magma.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 05:08:52 am »

Well...there was that one time...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Scottzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Water is truly the most dwarven of fluids
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2011, 05:11:37 am »

Maybe we can abuse this...

1)Wear wooden gauntlets (Read: Inflict pain on a poor random elf)
2)Produce sunmetal.
3)Strangle/slap/punch enemies with !!fire!!.
4)Dispose of gloves... quickly.

In theory if you wore nethercap gauntlets you could avoid the sunmetal igniting you/your gauntlets, which could be eternally abused with, say, a sunmetal sword.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 03:51:04 pm »

I've seen a thread like this before.
Thy were maing doom metals.
Explodium would set on fire at the homotherm, so when it embedded in someone, FIRE!
Nethercap gauntlets DID prevent holding from burning.
Also, they made a metal that turns into poison gas at homotherm and one that turns into fire AND gas.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 03:57:35 pm »

I've seen a thread like this before.
Thy were maing doom metals.
Explodium would set on fire at the homotherm, so when it embedded in someone, FIRE!
Nethercap gauntlets DID prevent holding from burning.
Also, they made a metal that turns into poison gas at homotherm and one that turns into fire AND gas.

I did actually see that, and I tried it out, but I wasn't thinking of it when I made sunmetal.  In many ways, doomium, explodium, and virium are better than sunmetal, but I find a metal that is as dangerous to the user as it is to the enemy to be hilarious.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 [2]