Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So I want to make a firebomb  (Read 3661 times)

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
So I want to make a firebomb
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:13:22 pm »

Well I was !!SCIENCE-ing!! with fire arrows from the battlecraft mod and lit myself on fire. I then melted. This made me realize that fire is awesome and that I want a weapon made with fire. However in battlecraft the fire arrows are bugged and I lack the expertise to change or create new weapons. I need someone to help me come up with something like a firebomb or other sort of incendiary weapon so that I may melt my enemies next time  :D

EDIT: Wow that was poorly worded. I just want to mod in a Fire-type weapon and need help. Any offers?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:12:05 am by CT »
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I want to make a firebomb
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:47:34 am »

Could you make an object that evaporates into a gas that has a fixed temperature of 10000 degrees or something as soon as it comes into contact with air? As long as you never dropped it you'd be fine.
[Signature]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 08:37:54 am »

Well, 10000 degrees is actually colder than body temperature in DF.  You could make something with a fixed temperature of 15000 or so, which would set pretty much anything that can burn aflame.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:36 am »

That sounds like a good idea. But how would I go about making it?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 11:45:25 am »

Well, 10000 degrees is actually colder than body temperature in DF.  You could make something with a fixed temperature of 15000 or so, which would set pretty much anything that can burn aflame.

10000 degrees celsius
[Signature]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 11:57:24 am »

Oh, Celsius (Centigrade, because I'm posh).  Clearly I've been doing too much moffing recently.  Anyway, bolts at almost twice the surface temperature of the sun sound like a good !!idea!!, I think you'd have to make a custom metal, only available for ammo, with a fixed temperature of whatever, and a custom adv. mode reaction to make it into bolts.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

sobriquet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 12:04:44 pm »

twice the...this is going to be awesome. 

!science!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 12:17:26 pm »

Okay, 10000 Centigrade is 28000 Urists (according to my quick-and-dirty calculations based on the wiki's conversion formulas).

EDIT: Tentative raws

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT2, Electric Boogaloo:  Arena testing produced this:

It's beautiful.

EDIT3, This Time, It's Personal:  Further testing revealed that, if a sunmetal arrow lodges in an elf's upper body, death by fire is guaranteed in a few turns.

EDIT4, A New Hope:  The reaction to make sunmetal bolts in adv. mode!  Be warned, this converts the entire stack to sunmetal, and it pretty much kills you if you don't get rid of it immediately.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:51:48 pm by Gizogin »
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 12:49:31 pm »

This is very awesome  :o but see what I am trying to avoid is bursting in to flames trying to use the sunmetal. Is there a way to "trigger" it only when it is used. Ex: Thrown or Fired?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 12:59:48 pm »

Not that I know of, unfortunately.  It's almost like a grenade, throw it fast or it'll kill you.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 05:25:00 pm »

So where would I put these in the raws?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 05:51:22 pm »

The metal goes in inorganic_material.txt, and the reaction goes in reaction_smelter.txt.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 06:01:02 pm »

Can you make a solid become a gas at body temperature, and the gas has a set temperature of 60,000U? If it gets stuck in something, it'll probably vaporize and incinerate the creature, but will it also do so when you grab it?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 06:06:06 pm »

Well, sorta.  It'll be a solid for a second, then instantly vaporize.  You'd want something like this:
Code: [Select]
[MELTING_POINT:10000]
[BOILING_POINT:10020]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:60000]
It won't last long enough to actually stay stuck in something, but it might be enough to set their clothes on fire and kill them.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 06:10:37 pm »

Surely if it's in your inventory, it won't react?

Just make it a thrown object.
[Signature]
Pages: [1] 2