Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: The changes that will break you  (Read 19910 times)

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
Re: The changes that will break you
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2011, 07:01:31 am »

Hm.  I hope indeed that smooth walls can hold back tunneling invaders.  Or at least a water magma moat.
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

dr_random

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2011, 08:55:42 am »

My fort is safe and secure. As dwarven stuff should be.
With interlocks.
Doors.
Locking contraptions.
Many levers.
Mechanical traps.
Extra toddler day-care and guard rails all about.
Hard hats for everyone.
There's been activity putting up warning signs. And yes, the form to apply for OHSAS 18001 certification has been filed.

So the refuse pile is going to be a hazard? Biohazard measures have been implemented but if this new stuff is going to turn it into a massive sleeping undead army right behind the finely crafted andesite door this place is doomed. What about the partial stuff? Would they raise in pieces?
I have another dump outside on top of my keep tower and gangway. It is supposed to scare intruders away and because good dwarves don't let anything go to waste. In a sense of "not be wasted", er, you know what I mean.
Do the dead also animate outside?

This calls for a new job profession: Dwarven Undertaker!

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2011, 09:26:11 am »

With interlocks.
Doors.
Locking contraptions.
Many levers.
Mechanical traps.
Hard hats for everyone.
There's been activity putting up warning signs. And yes, the form to apply for OHSAS 18001 certification has been filed.

So the refuse pile is going to be a hazard? Biohazard measures have been implemented but if this new stuff is going to turn it into a massive sleeping undead army right behind the finely crafted andesite door this place is doomed. What about the partial stuff? Would they raise in pieces?
I have another dump outside on top of my keep tower and gangway. It is supposed to scare intruders away and because good dwarves don't let anything go to waste. In a sense of "not be wasted", er, you know what I mean.

Not sure, but I've heard that any part with a [GRASP] (e.g. hands) or [HEAD] part attached to it can be raised.  That tower used to get butcherable bones from goblin gibs may be your downfall.  Look out for Thing!

Zorae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2011, 09:37:26 am »

With interlocks.
Doors.
Locking contraptions.
Many levers.
Mechanical traps.
Hard hats for everyone.

Not sure, but I've heard that any part with a [GRASP] (e.g. hands) or [HEAD] part attached to it can be raised.  That tower used to get butcherable bones from goblin gibs may be your downfall.  Look out for Thing!

It would be amusing if anything made from bone got re-animated. Massive piles of bone bolts/crafts becoming enemies and attacking would be even more problematic than mass pitting areas. Heaven Armok help any poor dwarf wearing bone armor.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2011, 09:38:42 am »

Oh damn.

Imagine an artifact bone crossbow decorated with bone, engraved with bone, and with menacing bone spikes... with bone ammunition... being raised?
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Moska1167

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2011, 09:45:50 am »

The dead will walk.  Corpses must be burned.  The Long Night falls.  Brace yourselves.  Winter is coming. 

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2011, 10:07:03 am »

The other problem with necromancers is raising all the carp / badgers / gorlaks that naturally die over the map without your knowledge.

Spoiler: Derail (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2011, 10:12:00 am »

If only Toady would implement Other monsters.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2011, 10:21:42 am »

Water reactors not working.

2 layer aquifers completely solve this problem.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

Zorae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2011, 10:30:34 am »

Hm.  I hope indeed that smooth walls can hold back tunneling invaders.  Or at least a water magma moat.

Even better, move your fortress to the bottom of the magma sea. Lets see the invaders tunnel through that.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2011, 10:38:29 am »

Even better, move your fortress to the bottom of the magma sea. Lets see the invaders tunnel through that.

A Goblin Bucket Brigade!  Curse them!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dr_random

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2011, 10:42:03 am »

It would be amusing if anything made from bone got re-animated. Massive piles of bone bolts/crafts becoming enemies and attacking would be even more problematic than mass pitting areas. Heaven Armok help any poor dwarf wearing bone armor.
Oooh! Animated armour! That sounds really interesting. Those wiggling, fidgeting bodyparts also. I'm beginning to miss the dwarven priest.
Suggestion: In the face of these severe changes, I advise that every dead dwarf should be laid to rest in full gear to fend for him/herself in the afterlife. Bring your big locks for the tombs in case you don't practice burial by fire...
Which leads me to the question: What happens if a loaded sarcophagus is discharged to the everburning fires of the magma sea? By means of collapsing floor maybe? Do we still get a ghost?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2011, 10:52:48 am »

It deconstructs like any other "furniture" and the corpse drops out, que ghost.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2011, 10:53:01 am »

With interlocks.
Doors.
Locking contraptions.
Many levers.
Mechanical traps.
Hard hats for everyone.

The correct way to remove bio-hazardous waste is to incinerate it.

Mhm.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2011, 11:07:36 am »

I'm expecting someone to mod in a crematorium immediately, which takes your common un-butherables like goblins and elves, and destroys the corpse
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11