Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Pseudorevival! Combat tests!  (Read 37015 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Seventh Turn
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2011, 02:54:25 am »

Hmm. Burning. Awesome. But:

Well. The immediate threat I suppose is the wounded one Eldar, but he's not much of one. The worst threat I think is probably the Dark Reapers, who could blow the farmhouse up. As long as we have the walls we can hopefully hold off the Guardians. But we probably can't beat the Dark Reapers in a long range firefight, and if we tried to vehicle-death them I imagine they could probably take out the vehicles. So.

Damn. New plan, it might just work. I'll revert to old plan if necessary (i.e. Digital Hellhound can we all see the Reapers? Or just the sniper?)

Every Guardsman that can see them to open suppressive fire on the reapers (sniper not to suppress but to pick his targets carefully), whilst the Hellhound charges them, all guns blazing as soon as in effective range. Bold aggression might just work! Every guardsman that can't see the reapers to focus fire at the surviving Eldar at the farmhouse.

Micelus: If your squad could join in the surpressive fire and/or surpress the other Guardians and if the Chimera could also take on the Reapers, that would be good. And hopefully successful.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:57:47 am by lawastooshort »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2011, 03:24:28 am »

"Good job, men! Take out that last Fire Prism, then lets take out those Vypers! And keep an eye on that walker!"

Fire all guns on the Fire Prism.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2011, 06:10:29 am »

Look down on the ground and try to appear as harmless as possible, then tell lie to make him go away.

"Coazan said.. We're supposed to give support from the air...So we can easier see where it's needed.. Most..."

edit: Hehe, the reason it took so long for me to post this time was that I had to fight the part of me that kept wanting to set the asshole on fire before he tries to kill me. But I don't think it'll go over well with the rest of the people here, so that'll have to wait.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:15:51 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2011, 06:47:44 am »

If nobody sees it, it didn't happen!

Even better, IF somebody sees it, tell them it was an Eldar Warlock, and you were just unable to save him.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2011, 07:44:10 am »

Look down on the ground and try to appear as harmless as possible, then tell lie to make him go away.

"Coazan said.. We're supposed to give support from the air...So we can easier see where it's needed.. Most..."

edit: Hehe, the reason it took so long for me to post this time was that I had to fight the part of me that kept wanting to set the asshole on fire before he tries to kill me. But I don't think it'll go over well with the rest of the people here, so that'll have to wait.

That's actually why you're up there. I guess mind reading is another one of your psychic powers?

@lawatooshort: I suppose everyone (well, almost) can see the Reapers, but only barely. Tell you what, I'll throw in a -1 to Combat Roll for having to fire at something they can't fully see. Disciplined counters that anyhow.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:46:28 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2011, 07:54:22 am »

Wait, you sent Scriver up there to fire-assassinate the Commissar? SWEET! (or did I misunderstand?)

Ok, well, can I fire all but two men at the Reapers, and the other two to shoot the surviving wounded Eldar. And the Hellhound to fire hard at them as it advances fast (hopefully into inferno cannon range!)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2011, 08:03:13 am »

That's actually why you're up there. I guess mind reading is another one of your psychic powers?
It would seem so. Konstanz seems rather unaware he's doing it, though ;)

Wait, you sent Scriver up there to fire-assassinate the Commissar? SWEET! (or did I misunderstand?)
This is now my new orders.
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2011, 08:11:00 am »

>_>

I'm tempted to say yes. But sadly, no, I meant the Valkyrie-mobile-air-support-duty part.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2011, 08:17:36 am »

well now it is what hes doing  :P (nice reading in this :D)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2011, 08:55:29 am »

Campaign I: Saduk - Eighth Turn

Ashley Malkus and Konstanz Scriptor
Psychic Shield!Psychic Shield!

Ashley opts to fight the onrushing Eldar horde, [5] and Saun doesn't show even a flicker of hesitation. They're Imperial Psykers, and a few Eldar Warlocks have nothing on them. The other psyker begins pulling together an attack, while Ashley focuses on defense.

[Focuses:6+1=6/5+1=6][Controls:6+1=6/1+1=2][Powers:4+2-1=5/5+2=6] She creates a veritable stronghold of psychic energy around her, using all her knowledge to protect herself. Saun attempts the same, but he goes in too fast, too hard. His attack grows more and more in size, a massive beacon attracting the denizens of the warp. He realizes this too late, and when he tries to cut himself off, the daemons are already upon him. The barrier between the real world and the Empyrean weakens, and Ashley finds something trying her defenses as well. [Dodge:4] She pushes them away, but Saun gets no such opportunity.

[Damage:338] Saun's fragile psychic form begins to twist and change, creatures beyond human comprehension dancing on the edge of vision. Ashley hears a faint mental scream, but then Saun's soul is gone. In the Inner Sanctum of the Manor, his empty corpse collapses, smoke arising from his wildly mutated skull. Ashley thanks the Emperor he hadn't fully lost control, and given the daemons a chance to enter the physical world via his body.

Saun's attack continues on its own, [5][Damages:479/495/277/418/565] spreading like a wave of destruction and engulfing five of the Eldar attackers. [6] They're thrown back into their bodies, their psychic forms destroyed for now. The last remaining one continues its attack undeterred.

[Focus:5+1=6][Control:6+1=6][Power:2+1+2-1=4] A barrage of psychic arrows hammer against Ashley's barriers, [Dodge:3] but she deflects most of them with ease. [Damage:58-24=34] The rest hit, weakening her form somewhat.

[5] Though the amount of psychic energy thrown around on the exercise fields is considerable, reality here shows no signs of being weaker than anywhere else. Psychic abilities should function as normal.

Up on the roof of Calhose Manor, Konstanz Scriptor mutters excuses to the intimidating Commissar. Aurug sniffs in disdain, taking the stub-pistol out of its holster. [5] 'Do not for a moment think you would be allowed to perform such a duty, witch. Coazan might think he can do as he wishes, but I know the Lord-Commander will stop him once he learns of this.'

He seems satisfied, so Konstanz just smiles and nods. The Commissar seems to have forgotten him already, striding back inside the Manor. [4] With perfect timing, he meets arriving Coazan in the doorway. The glares they share could kill thousands. He's followed by a servitor carrying Ashley's unconscious body. He marches over to Konstanz quickly.

'We can't waste any more time.' he says, then adds; 'Saun is dead. Find Malkus and bring him back before he dies too, Scriptor.'

Enemies
1 Eldar Warlock at 122/122 HP, psychic form circling Ashley. Eldar Psyker

Spoiler: scriver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Sergeant Grygur Urugur and Sergeant Micelus Abbar
After some planning with Urugur, Abbar decided to get every guardsmen firing on the reapers suppressively. He also voxed in to the chimera to attack the reapers.
Every Guardsman that can see them to open suppressive fire on the reapers (sniper not to suppress but to pick his targets carefully), whilst the Hellhound charges them, all guns blazing as soon as in effective range. Bold aggression might just work! Every guardsman that can't see the reapers to focus fire at the surviving Eldar at the farmhouse.

[Tactic:Suppressive Fire][Leaderships:6-1-1=4/3-1-1=1] Both sergeants order suppressive fire on the distant Dark Reapers, but confusion reigns in Abbar's squad as they're not entirely sure if they should fire, or only Deathspear Squad. In the end, they fail to fire at all.

[CR:6+1=6] Wild lasfire begins scathing the forest above the heads of the Reapers, forcing them to hit the ground. Trooper Vas picks his target carefully instead. [3+1=4][Dodge:2-1=1] He fixes his scope right on the weakest spot in a Reaper's helmet, smiles, and pulls the trigger. [Damage:8+6=14] His head jerks back, a smoking hole in the side of his helmet. The heavy armor they're wearing isn't going to be broken by a single las-shot though.

With the Dark Reaper squad suppressed, [2][4] the squads' support vehicles attempt an assault. It starts fine, but the Hellhound soon finds itself stuck in a heavy brush of vegetation, the Reapers out of Inferno Cannon range. The Chimera moves on alone, [3][1] firing its Multi-laser. [Dodge:6-1=5] Each and every shot misses, despite the close range. [3] The Hellhound's Heavy Bolter fires from the distance, [Dodge:3+1-1=3][Damage:104] killing a Reaper instantly.

[Hedge Eldar CR:2+1=3] The Eldar at the burnt hedge fires [Dodge:5+1=6] ineffectively at the walls of the farmstead. [Dark Reapers CRs:5+1-2=4/6+1-2=5/3+1-2=2/2+1-2=1] Two of the Dark Reapers return fire despite the furious las-barrage going on over their heads, [Dodges:2/6] the first scoring an easy hit on the close-by Chimera. [Damage:103] The transport shakes from the force of the explosion, rolling back against the driver's will.

The Guardian squad has disappeared out of view, presumably behind the right-side hedge or across the road.

Enemies
1 Eldar Guardian at 8/30 HP with Shuriken Catapult [5/6] and Combat Blade, crawling to the right where the hedge used to be, Close Range. Disciplined
6 Eldar Guardians with Shuriken Catapults and Combat Blades, somewhere to the right, Unknown Range. Disciplined
3 Eldar Dark Reapers, lying on the ground in the forest, Long Range. Disciplined, Heavy Infantry, Suppressed
1 Eldar Dark Reaper with Reaper Launcher [2/3], lying on the ground in the forest, Long Range. Disciplined, Heavy Infantry, Suppressed
1 Eldar Dark Reaper at 36/50 HP with Reaper Launcher [2/3], lying on the ground in the forest, Long Range. Disciplined, Heavy Infantry, Suppressed

Spoiler: lawastooshort (click to show/hide)
Deathspear Squad
1 Guardsman with Lasgun [6/6] and Combat Knife, watching the left side. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Lasgun [5/6] and Combat Knife in the top corner of the first floor, In Cover. Disciplined
3 Guardsmen with Lasguns [4/6] and Combat Knives, in the lower part of the farmhouse, In Cover. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Longlas [5/6] and Combat Knife, in the top corner of the second floor, In Cover. Disciplined
1 Hellhound at HP 550/650 with Inferno Cannon [3/3] and Heavy Bolter [5/8], heading towards the Dark Reapers, on the left side of the buildings.

Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)
Talons of Bryndis Squad
3 Guardsmen with Lasguns [5/6] and Combat Knives, in the lower part of the farmhouse, In Cover. Disciplined
3 Guardsmen with Lasguns and Combat Knives, in the lower part of the farmhouse, In Cover. Disciplined
1 Guardsman with Melta Gun and Combat Knife, in the lower part of the farmhouse, In Cover. Disciplined
1 Chimera at 397/500 with Multi-laser [5/6] and Heavy Bolter [8/8], in the forest near the Dark Reapers.

Laric and Markon Joanos
"Good job, men! Take out that last Fire Prism, then lets take out those Vypers! And keep an eye on that walker!"

Fire all guns on the Fire Prism.
Quote from: EmoBiatch
I, umm... err... fire at things?

[CRs:2/4/2/4] Two of Markon's Heavy Bolters continue their barrage against the Fire Prism, [Dodge:2-3=1][5] gouging deep holes in the armor of the helpless vehicle. [Damage:82+42=124] The first rips apart most of its front armor, [Dodge:1-3=1][2] and the second attempts to finish the job. [Damage:73+42=115] Somehow, the crew still fights on.

[Eldar Targeting:5/6][CRs:2/5] The crew of the Destructum Peccans don't even notice the Wraithlord until it's right by them, [Dodge:5-1=4] but evading the cumbersome creature is easy.

Laric, too shocked to give proper orders, lets his crew fire at will at the enemy. Selop continues chasing the lone Wave Serpent. [CRs:5/6] Both Plasma Cannons fire, [Dodges:2+1=3/6+1=6] the first one scoring a glancing hit.

[Damage:196-84=112]

[Eldar Targeting:1/2/5][CR:1] No return fire comes his way.

[5] The Vypers begin moving towards where they came from, and the reason soon becomes apparent. A familiar voice fills the company frequency. It's Captain Stalos.

'Oh yeah, look at them go! I'll take over from here! Good work, Joanos!' he screams. His reinforcements approach in a tight formation, blasting at any remaining Eldar almost lazily. Markon wonders what took him so long. Knowing Stalos, he was probably passed out at some bar or whorehouse.

Time to finish off the remaining Eldar. This shouldn't take too long.

Enemies (Markon Joanos)
1 Eldar Fire Prism at 31/600 HP with Prism Cannon [1/1], beside the Destructum, Close Range. Mobile Skimmer, Immobilized
1 Eldar Wraithlord at 109/500 HP, moving to the right, Close Range. Wraithsight, Heavy Structure

Enemies (Laric)
1 Eldar Falcon at 410/600 HP with 2 Scatter Lasers [7/10] and Pulse Laser [3/5], behind the Iron Cobra, Long Range. Mobile Skimmer, Immobilized
1 Eldar Falcon at 355/600 HP with 2 Scatter Lasers [9/10] and Pulse Laser [5/5], behind the Iron Cobra, Long Range. Mobile Skimmer, Immobilized
1 Eldar Wave Serpent at 124/400 HP with 2 Shuriken Cannons [15/15] and Shuriken Catapult [5/6], heading towards the end of the fields, Close Range. Mobile Skimmer

Spoiler: EmoBiatch (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dsarker (click to show/hide)

---

Fun fact: Ashley was going to die, but then I realized Saun's attack would still happen with that Focus. Boom go five of those Eldar.

The Chimera is now Close Range to the Reapers, with everyone else still at Long.

Yeah, Suppressed definitely deserves a penalty to dodge. Probably a harsher one as well. New tactic as well, it's kind of silly watching automatic weapons only fire on one enemy.

Dispersed Volley
Dispersed Volley (-1): Unit targets multiple foes with a +1 to Enemy Dodge and a -10% damage per foe. (Ie, if you fire on two, you're doing 80% damage, you fire on five, you're doing 50% damage. This basically represents less shots hitting the targets.)

Sorry for the shortness/meh-ness of the tank section, I was getting a headache. And heh, all this psychic activity will make the next Battle... interesting. Due to some things. Things that will happen.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Hammer of the Emperor - A Warhammer 40k RTD - Eighth Turn
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2011, 09:20:46 am »

Ashley attempts to make the eldar witch see things that are not there
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2011, 12:17:03 pm »

Order Vas to keep up his sniper fire. Hellhound to continue trying to advance, firing all weapons in range at the Reapers to suppress, the rest of the squad overwatches to watch out for that right hand hidden squad.

Request for Abbar to keep Chimera attacking Reapers and for his squad to concentrate fire on either the reapers or overwatching on the guardians. Oh and someone kill that lone Eldar in front of us :)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2011, 03:05:07 pm »

"Finally our reinforcements are here! Finish off that Fire Prism and aim the main cannon at that Wraithlord and fire! Bring them down!"
Fire bolters at fire prism and battle cannon at Wraithlord

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2011, 05:14:23 pm »

Get the chimera to continue it's attack on the reapers. Squad will use overwatch for guardians.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2011, 06:22:27 am »

"..Aye, commander. Right away."

Leave the physical form behind, then go back to the place I saw them earlier. Attempt to mask my presence when I arrive so I do not alert any possible enemies of me being there, and if needed, blast our enemies there with psychic fire from "behind".
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18