Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Ever had a mega-beast so ridiculous it's laughable?  (Read 7054 times)

automaticsquid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ever had a mega-beast so ridiculous it's laughable?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 03:18:22 am »

my first 2 forgotten beasts were made of steam and vomit i cant even tell you how disappointing it was at least the second one had poisonous gas or something but neither gave me the fight i was looking for

Kyle700

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 03:25:18 am »

Anything made out of soap.  I had something made of soap before and when I downed it, it cleaned all my dwarves.
-.-

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 04:43:04 am »

Anything made out of soap.  I had something made of soap before and when I downed it, it cleaned all my dwarves.
-.-

If you butchered it, and made soap from its tallow...

SOAPCEPTION.

Anyway, I once got a gigantic earthworm made of fire. It set the entire second cavern ablaze (no biggie - the only casualties were some ratmen that had wandered down there from the first cavern level after we wiped out most of their settlement with a 5X1 block of stone dropped onto their heads), came up to the first (which inexplicable had no moss, although the ground was muddied) and was promptly killed by an off-duty axedwarf recruit, who neatly bisected it by cutting its lower body off.

Yeah...that one was easy. I had to reroute the entrance into the caverns, though. Didn't want to risk my dorfs walking over the corpse and certainly didn't want them hauling it to the refuse stockpile (that's where all my bones and vermin remains are! I use those for making crafts! ...well, the bones, not the remains. The remains are sacrifices to Armok, thrown into the volcano to appease him while we wait to catch some goblins).

Then there was the gigantic humanoid made out of some kind of gem, which died in a fight with a war dog and its pup. It was fighting it on the edge of a pit that would have been a drop trap for gobbo invaders but accidentally pierced the caverns instead, and they both dodged into it. The FB died on impact, and the war dog struggled on for a few more moments with a broken upper and lower spine. So, casulalties: one dog (which was made into dinner).

Don't even get me started on the thing-I-can't-remember made out of water. A kitten took that one out. One badass kitten.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 06:07:47 am »

A towering blob of snow with wings has appeared. It undulates rhythmically. Not even a 'beware of deadly...' bit.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 09:07:29 am »

Well there was a friend of mine who had the Forgotten Beast, Zekrim, arrive at his fort.  Thread complete with description and illustration:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77583.msg1988940

I had the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
leader of the local goblin civilization show up with a siege once.  A GIANT... TERRIFYING ...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
... ladybug.  Although a giant, shelled, carnivorous ladybug might actually be pretty terrifying.  It still died pretty quickly.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 09:14:41 am »

my first one was probably also my wierdest (I can't recall the name)

a giant feathered crab with wings of stretched skin, it has an emaciated appearance. beware it's deadly fire!

is that actually countable as a crab?

World of Synnibar.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 10:42:50 am »

A towering blob of snow with wings has appeared. It undulates rhythmically. Not even a 'beware of deadly...' bit.

Also got a huge crocodile made of water in my caverns. Had a poisonous sting but died before stinging. Was my third fb on that fort and I'd also had a mountain giant before those.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 11:02:48 am »

I thought my three-tailed vomit hummingbird was a joke.  Until it snuck in through a drainage grate somehow and proceeded to spew frozen hummingbird vomit all over my furniture stockpiles.  Numbing vomit is still there a decade later. 

Anyway I'd heard rumours of "Good" Titans or FBs, that.. .exude love and friendship or something.  Is... is that a real thing?  Or am I confusing something from that My Little Fortress mod?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:54 am »

I thought my three-tailed vomit hummingbird was a joke.  Until it snuck in through a drainage grate somehow and proceeded to spew frozen hummingbird vomit all over my furniture stockpiles.  Numbing vomit is still there a decade later. 

Anyway I'd heard rumours of "Good" Titans or FBs, that.. .exude love and friendship or something.  Is... is that a real thing?  Or am I confusing something from that My Little Fortress mod?
They're real.

And they're gonna befriend your head off.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 11:43:45 am »

They're real.

I see... And how would one increase the liklihood of meeting one of them, for... friendship purposes?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 11:56:06 am »

They're real.

I see... And how would one increase the liklihood of meeting one of them, for... friendship purposes?
They're random. You could have a stone fire scorpion in the forest, or a coral fish in the desert.

If there was biome affected probability, then you should go to a 'good' area. FOR ‼SCIENCE‼

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 07:23:02 pm »

I had a man made of snow who was bipedal, and carried an look of unbelievable peace  ???
He was still very much hostile, and before I could capture it and mock it for eternity, a pack of war dogs got it.

How does that even work?  I'm suspecting multiple personalities.  either than, or it believed in peace through beating the crap out of the enemy.

I'm guessing it's a Conservative :D
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2011, 06:10:26 pm »

I've got a poisonous, endlessly staring and fidgeting stegosaur. It also has sharp scales and antennae. Basically an insectoid dinosaur on stimulants.
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2011, 06:17:43 pm »

I had a man made of snow who was bipedal, and carried an look of unbelievable peace  ???
He was still very much hostile, and before I could capture it and mock it for eternity, a pack of war dogs got it.

How does that even work?  I'm suspecting multiple personalities.  either than, or it believed in peace through beating the crap out of the enemy.

How it would work is it would be at peace with itself, and be very calm as it is slowly murdering creatures.

( >:()

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2011, 06:27:53 pm »

Sounds like your run-of-the-mill religious zealot to me...
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4