Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 111440 times)

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.6
« Reply #510 on: June 26, 2012, 10:55:20 pm »

sorry guys for not being present for the mod lately, i live in north italy and with the recent earthqakes i got thrown out my house, i'll try to update as soon as i can (no guarantees)

That sucks Krantz glad your okay, good luck.

thanks, and yeah that sucks

No guarantees there will ever be an update? Or no guarantees that it will be soon?

i meant soon, i don't have access to a decent workstation for now so i can't test anything but i'll keep working

Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 24, 2012, 01:34:50 am »

Hey everyone i have started to play DF again and have started to work on some new updates.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 26, 2012, 07:17:50 am »

Huzzah it lives. If it gets ported to the new version i can start testing again. Saddly my other material was lost when my old laptop (recently got a new one) went kaboom.

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 27, 2012, 01:42:08 am »

Huzzah it lives. If it gets ported to the new version i can start testing again. Saddly my other material was lost when my old laptop (recently got a new one) went kaboom.

Version 1.3.6 the Phoebus version is already at the latest version of Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11.

I am working on a heavily modded update that i plan to release soon. I'll make a new forum post for it and post the link here.

Also nice to see you again Stronghammer!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:43:42 am by SDood »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 27, 2012, 01:06:36 pm »

So it is, Ill get right to work again testing. And nice to see you again SDood

edit: well i think i encountered a bug. The bugmans brewery creates Hazkal and bugmans ok, but for some reason the seeds it spits out are not recognized as seeds. I have a bag of thick moss spawn and cave wheat spawn, yet my farmers ignore it claiming that I have no seeds for those plants.

edit:nvm forgot it spammed that message when it was near the end of the growing season. Though while on the topic, i noticed that the hazkal has a beneficial syndrome yet the bugmans xxx has no benefit other than cost. So it would seem that I would want to leave it all as hazkal. Am I reading that right?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:31:12 am by Stronghammer »

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 07, 2012, 12:18:11 pm »

Just recently got back into dwarf fortress and this is the first place I have stopped by. Glad to see this mod is still alive and kicking!

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.x
« Reply #516 on: November 28, 2012, 05:24:41 pm »

hello guys, a long time has passed since i've played/modded WF, i've a new PC and i've spent the last month doing the craziest things to my pc (i literally ripped out an old HD to recover the disk and all my old data) so now i can start working on the mod again.

the bad news are that i've lost the old work notes and all the saved tutorials
the good news are that i'm open to suggestion and i'm willing to mod

really guys if you're still interested in the Warhammer Fortress mod post some suggestion on thing you'd like to see or get fixed
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.6 - resurrecting...
« Reply #517 on: November 28, 2012, 05:44:58 pm »

Good to see this mod being revived.

Are you going to add the Chaos Dwarves?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.3.6 - resurrecting...
« Reply #518 on: November 28, 2012, 06:42:58 pm »

im thinking of doing a adventure mode add on for the forces of chaos, drawing heavy from the old realm of chaos and slave to darkness books.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 29, 2012, 06:02:29 am »

im thinking of doing a adventure mode add on for the forces of chaos, drawing heavy from the old realm of chaos and slave to darkness books.

interesting, do you have a project?
powers
gear
crafting..

my own projects so far:
Orc tribes - project status: 5% sketching phase
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarvish dwarves  - project status 110% - still lacking something
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 06:23:33 am by Krantz86 »

MiguelMO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 30, 2012, 11:50:03 am »

Nice, I'm glad that the mod is in development again. When I get some time I will remove the background of my sprites so it gets the colour of the phoebu's tileset background, which looks nicer.

About suggestions, the orc and ogre tribes sound really cool for me, but unfortunately I can't help you modding, I don't have enough knowledge. I also like the adventure mode addons.

Greetings

EDIT: Here is the sprite update. Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?m7ds521eai2btq1

And some examples, skavens (I've made new sprites) and night goblins:

Any suggestion is welcome!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:49:05 am by MiguelMO »

SDood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 12, 2012, 12:49:39 pm »

Hey guys, its nice to see that Krantz is back! I took a break from DF for a couple months, i plan to start modding again soon. Version 1.3.7 is almost finished, i have cleaned up a lot of the files and fixed bugs and many other things i forgot. Updated Valar Morghulis by Dbuhos, which includes more realistic bodies and Ogre kingdoms.

Thanks for the new sprites MiguelMO.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:10:18 pm by SDood »

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 12, 2012, 07:38:26 pm »

Version 3.25 seems to have female champions of Khorne missing their [POP_RATIO:1].
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 12, 2012, 10:47:40 pm »

While we're making notes, I would like to say that the Beastman raws have the incorrect action verbs for claw:claws, all of the subraces are claws:claws, so it comes out "you claws Urist McDorf in the teeth." Beastmen claws also function identical to fists. I would recommend adding a small amount of penetration to Gor, Bestigor, and Centigor GRASP_STRIKE attacks, but I'm nobody. :-X Apologies if those are included in what you've already fixed. After playing with the raws for a bit it became clear to me claws could be added separately. If anyone would like the raws, let me know. I'm playing with them.

Oh and, in my personal opinion, chaos humans and crusaders get some pretty crazy skill bonuses, to the point of a handful of crusaders wiping the floor with almost everyone, including armed Beastmen and Orcs, especially on a 400+ year time scale. Some very, very skilled chaos folk around.

Oh and Beastmen can't use any form of hand protection. Pretty upsetting to have a Beastman adventurer lose a motor nerve or a whole hand to a peasant that got lucky with a boning knife, but that's primarily my fault for not working around the gauntlet reaction problem.

Upon further inspection, body sizes of the Chaos faction and Beastman faction are FUBAR. Chaos Warriors are somewhere around ten times the size of a dwarf, which seems very wrong. Beastmen hooves never heal in adventure mode. If you get a broken hoof you're done.

I've played with the beastmen somewhat. Below are the, in my opinion, rebalanced beastmen creature files and a new type of hoof for beastmen that will heal over time. Ungors are Similar in size and strength to humans but have more endurance. Gors are larger than Ungors, and similar in strength to dwarves, but larger so that much stronger, with a willpower bonus still. Bestigors are roughly three times larger than dwarves, are very mean, and have a talent for violence. However, their size and attribute ranges are somewhat more realistic now. ;D Centigors are very large, and very tough, watch out.

Oh and another thing, I changed their skin and eye color possibilities. Red, Scarlet, and Vermilion seemed a little redundant to me.

Spoiler: Beastmen Creature Raw (click to show/hide)
Please note: You do need both of these. They only work with eachother.

Sorry if it's presumptuous of me to show up out of the blue and play with other peoples' work. I'm wired, can't sleep, and need something productive to do.

Oh and by rebalanced, I mean they're balanced around dwarves, which appear to be similar to, if not the same as, vanilla dwarves. Beastmen make fierce opponents even without vast size advantages. Their claws and horns are deadly.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:13:28 am by TastyMints »

TastyMints

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:love of murder]
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 14, 2012, 04:21:02 am »

Apologies for the double post but I appear to have reached a text limit.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:50:31 am by TastyMints »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41