Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!  (Read 19551 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2011, 06:49:42 pm »

Hmm. So I have a question about kinda my powerlevel as a Peak Human and just reaffirming it with you guys that its Captain America level-Peak Human-ness (That just kinda what I imagined it at the start) and with the SED whats a reasonable expectation for my resources. 20 something Vets of the Deparment and SWAT level equipment?
Raggle Fraggle

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »

You're using guns a lot. Other than that you seem like a strong person, but no where near Captain America strong. Feel free to write in more feats of strength, agility, and speed.

As for SED resources I'd have to say low. It kind of hurts that they aren't a recognized group and wouldn't receive funding from the city. Any equipment would be from old jobs or bought using spare money, meaning less than SWAT level equipment if everyone is to equipped at once. Maybe two teams of 5 with SWAT level gear or higher (I recommend the higher option). You can include older equipment as well at no cost, being a fifty year old group should have old gear. As for the number of people, you can make it larger. This should be a big city with many police departments and you can't go wrong with radio teams and informants within other groups.

Please note that this is my opinion and that you can change anything. This is just based on what you wrote in your character intro.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2011, 07:36:12 pm »

Hey, I have an idea for a character who can turn into a dragon, but I need a recap so I can properly insert him.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2011, 07:43:30 pm »

Well...

This is the city of Kaleno. Within it many heroes and villains of all types live.

There has been unrest and annoyed mumbling due to the high amount of damage supers cause in their fights.

The Kaleno Police Department has an unofficial group specializing in Super incidents that has been active for decades. More recently the power armor wearing Busters Squads have been introduced who are much more discriminatory and oppressive towards the supers

The Busters are equipped and financed by Arnold Powers, the rich Super Hating owner of Powers Industry.

There is some guy called the Beastmaster who has been trying to kidnap supers and for unknown reasons has Buster technology

Kine (Jc's character) is trying to set up a brotherhood of mutants style super group.

The military has at some point been experimenting with cyborg implants.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2011, 07:49:22 pm »

I meant story wise, but it would be nice to know if a dragon would get media attention. I don't mean "Guy with wings and reptile skin", I mean "Oh Gosh that is a dragon that isn't a superhero!"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2011, 07:51:14 pm »

Yeah that would get media attention if it stayed in one place long enough
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2011, 07:57:12 pm »

So, how could I insert my character into this? He's homeless because he flew past a news helicopter when he first transformed and he's doing this superheroing thing for a lark.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2011, 07:57:29 pm »

That sounds good
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2011, 08:01:34 pm »

I mean, how do I explain why he is at the current place in the RP? And could I have a recap on the story aspect? It's a bit hard to follow.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2011, 08:15:22 pm »

Well...

This is the city of Kaleno. Within it many heroes and villains of all types live.

There has been unrest and annoyed mumbling due to the high amount of damage supers cause in their fights.

The Kaleno Police Department has an unofficial group specializing in Super incidents that has been active for decades. More recently the power armor wearing Busters Squads have been introduced who are much more discriminatory and oppressive towards the supers

The Busters are equipped and financed by Arnold Powers, the rich Super Hating owner of Powers Industry.

There is some guy called the Beastmaster who has been trying to kidnap supers and for unknown reasons has Buster technology

Kine (Jc's character) is trying to set up a brotherhood of mutants style super group.

The military has at some point been experimenting with cyborg implants.

This is the general story so far. Anything that hasn't been mentioned is normally free game to be written in. For instance, my character escaped from an airborne experimental facility. The facility didn't exist before I wrote it in. So long as you don't make something go poof in plain sight you can write it in.

EDIT: Just do a character intro similar to what was posted at the start of the main thread. Include as much or as little information as you want in your intro.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:17:30 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2011, 08:17:12 pm »

I recommend actually using the random button in the super power wiki like the rest of us did. Unless you rolled shape shifting or something.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2011, 08:20:34 pm »

No, I seriously got dragon polymorphing. Guess I'm just that lucky.

Here is the page: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Mimicry

Anyway, I'll start right away. Thanks!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2011, 08:25:52 pm »

Guys, if you feel my character (James, evolution) is a bit OP, here's a hint on how to beat him: His evolutions consume energy. While changing the muscular mass/the skin is not very consuming on energy, some things are (in general, the more physics-defying it is, the more energy it will take). And once James is out of energy, he won't be able to do anything for a little while.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2011, 08:29:12 pm »

Yeah I dunno. I felt that having Captain America level-Peak Humaness was appropriate considering his job is to crack down on Supers and such. I do admit that he did seem to be using Guns alot that encounter, I'm going to try to even it out a bit more with the Gun's and Smashing. Maybe give him some kinda Metal-Alloy Stun Baton or something like that
Raggle Fraggle

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2011, 08:35:43 pm »

Rick may join the Outcasts, but I'd actually have to think of a reason for him to, since he's pretty much completely neutral and isn't exactly a super who stands out.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39