Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!  (Read 19544 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game), OOC Thread!
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2011, 08:38:13 pm »

Alex definately will not join the Outcasts, and may end up fighting them even, but he will be sympathetic to their cause if not their methods..

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2011, 08:39:46 pm »

Guys, if you feel my character (James, evolution) is a bit OP, here's a hint on how to beat him: His evolutions consume energy. While changing the muscular mass/the skin is not very consuming on energy, some things are (in general, the more physics-defying it is, the more energy it will take). And once James is out of energy, he won't be able to do anything for a little while.

If you just want to make him less OP make it so that changing skin is more costly. It is by far the largest organ of the body. Also, since when has evolution bypassed physics? That shouldn't happen.

Alex definately will not join the Outcasts, and may end up fighting them even, but he will be sympathetic to their cause if not their methods..

Thus was the start of the X-men... No really, you should start an opposing group.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2011, 08:40:29 pm »

I see Rick kind of a Dr. Manhattan Character. Blessed with Godlike abilities but needs to be really kinda spurred into action to use them. I may be missing the nail completely with that statement.

Yeah. And if the outcasts do spring up I think Devin may recruit Supers to secretly fight them. He's all for the Defense of the City and see's Supers as part of that Defense. Unlike Buster so there may be a 3-way fight between Outcasts vs. SED and Supers Vs Busters. Seems exciting :D
Raggle Fraggle

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2011, 08:46:10 pm »

I see Rick kind of a Dr. Manhattan Character. Blessed with Godlike abilities but needs to be really kinda spurred into action to use them. I may be missing the nail completely with that statement.

You got it pretty bang on, actually.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2011, 08:53:18 pm »

Even without a world event this thread is practically writing itself. Hopefully the world event shows up soon so we can start all of this.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 21, 2011, 08:54:15 pm »

Okay I'll get on to it
It's FEF, not FEOF

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 21, 2011, 08:58:14 pm »

Guys, if you feel my character (James, evolution) is a bit OP, here's a hint on how to beat him: His evolutions consume energy. While changing the muscular mass/the skin is not very consuming on energy, some things are (in general, the more physics-defying it is, the more energy it will take). And once James is out of energy, he won't be able to do anything for a little while.

If you just want to make him less OP make it so that changing skin is more costly. It is by far the largest organ of the body. Also, since when has evolution bypassed physics? That shouldn't happen.

I did'nt mean James will eventually evolve and bypass the laws of physics, I was trying to say that as evolutions get more complex, they take more energy (sorry if that was'nt clear at all, sometimes I lack the words to say exactly what I'm thinking, in english at least). Skin changing is simple, since it's going from one material to another. To beat James, you'd have to force him to evolve in original ways.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2011, 09:10:01 pm »

Heh, this is all going fantastic! Groups of alliances springing up all over the place, opposed to each other and each with different goals in mind. I also love how my character fits in, because he is partly responsible for this whole mess.

He steals technology and secrets from super villains and sells them to the highest bidder. If these buyers were, for example, power industries or the military, then noone would be the wiser of the source of such technology. Infact, you could blame the condition of Karl on Wei since he got the original Gun from a super villain and sold it with some robots to the military. He promptly stole it back after a few months for reselling, but they had already got a prototype before then.

Also, Wei does indeed know some stuff about 187. He may have sold a few things to the group that was behind the experimentation in the first place.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2011, 09:50:14 pm »

Realized PTM's ability to morph stone so quickly is a bit OP, so I made his stone more crackable- so he runs out of stone rapidly.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2011, 09:52:19 pm »

I am assuming that PTM is in the complex also?
Raggle Fraggle

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2011, 09:53:05 pm »

I was hoping that we could quickly resolve the meeting at the river, but I have a sneaking suspicion that will force us to miss the event even if they aren't supposedly happening at the same time.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2011, 09:59:24 pm »

Course PTM is in the complex.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2011, 10:04:06 pm »

Lawful Good Team up Tiem?
Raggle Fraggle

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2011, 10:07:49 pm »

When you can't make it to one event make another.  :P In all seriousness the fact that my character is at the river and that the trucks are moving past are actually coincidences. I intended the trucks to at least drive near the docks since Wei interrogated the guard a while back. Lets hope for explosions from the docks.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2011, 10:08:05 pm »

Meehhh he's more Neutral Good.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39