Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281254 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3480 on: November 29, 2011, 12:59:24 am »

Oh man, that's going to be awesome.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: November 29, 2011, 01:00:56 am »

Friesden climbs into the air and points herself at the beast before preparing to dive.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: November 29, 2011, 01:05:00 am »

Oh man, that's going to be awesome.
I do hope so. But you and Dsarker will need to wrap up your mental vacation first. Then I imagine some people will want to RP out some conversations/arguments/investigations/etc during the week before the trail. So I will allow for some time for that happen. Then we'll get into it.

Oh also,

RELINQUISHING DIRECT CONTROL OF ISOS.

If anypony has any plans involving her, go right ahead.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: November 29, 2011, 01:07:03 am »

I do my best to keep the alicorn's attention, zipping in to deliver bucks and even occasional slashes with my horn.  Anything to give Friesden the time and opportunity to finally put her father behind her.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:50:10 am by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: November 29, 2011, 01:10:02 am »

Carrot begins doing what he does best: Talking his head off at the monster.
"AND THEN, THE FIRE SNAKE SAID 'WHAAAAT!?" HA HA, AND THEN..." And so on and so forth.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: November 29, 2011, 01:14:50 am »

Friesden dived straight at the monster's face, its eyes glinting smugly at her.

Faster than she had ever reacted, she stopped by his face, and looked deep in his eyes.

"I forgive you, father. For everything."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: November 29, 2011, 01:15:04 am »

That was as good an answer as any, Falcata thought to herself.  With the initial flare of rage gone, she knew it was best to follow a formal trial, and her opinion of the countess rose ever so slightly.

Even if she couldn't conceive of any way for Friesden to mount a plausible defense, it was the right thing to do.  She was extremely interested in hearing Khenal's side of the story.

At least she had her answer on why Friesden was allowed to leave.  She trusted Khenal moreso than just about anypony, but she still couldn't imagine his line of reasoning.  How could anypony ever be certain that a previously possessed pony was safe to be let free?

((Eh, would this be a public trial or only for those involved?  Oh, and off to bed for me, so:))

With some difficulty, Falcata clears her throat and says,"Pardon the interruption, countess, captain, but... I must be getting back to my quarters." She blinks a few times to shake the fatigue from her mind and asks, "Is there anything you need of me?  I will speak of this to nopony."

((Nice twist, Dsarker.))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:18:15 am by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: November 29, 2011, 01:21:29 am »

With a scream, the monster started to collapse. "No! No! You can't! How dare you!" it screams over and over again as it falls into itself. As it collapses, the terrain warps and changes, shaking Khenal and Carrot where they stand. Cracks form and disappear in the mountainface, and the mountain starts to crumble. The red rock fades into green. The river turns back into water, pure and clean as from a spring.

The dam in the distance creaks as the new water floods down at breakneck pace. The construct on the wall yells at the workers to get off, and they manage to clear it just as the dam breaks and the waters flood down. The once desolate valley beyond the dam bursts into new life, plants where once were none, fish where once were none, and ponies lived once more in the place surrounding the former dam.

If Khenal looks, he can see the construct bowing down and gathering the unicorns. His work here is done. For good.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: November 29, 2011, 01:24:18 am »

"Khenal, before you start celebrating, I have a question. Mind if I hang out in your mind, like Keeper used to? If no...I guess...I don't know really..." Asks Carrot.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: November 29, 2011, 01:26:03 am »

((Eh, would this be a public trial or only for those involved?  Oh, and off to bed for me, so:))

With some difficulty, Falcata clears her throat and says,"Pardon the interruption, countess, captain, but... I must be getting back to my quarters." She blinks a few times to shake the fatigue from her mind and asks, "Is there anything you need of me?  I will speak of this to nopony."

(This will definitely be a public trial. That's just how things are done in the pony world, I would imagine. When I said, it's like the worst kind of family meeting I meant it, and the family in question is Glitterglen. Anyone who has something to say, or just wants to be present will be welcome. I'm planning on having the dinning hall used for the purpose of the trail, that day.)

The countess looks at Falcata, "no my dear, but thank you. Just make sure not to breathe a word of this to anypony until after the official announcement is made." Now, I have the unhappy task of telling Kil about her husband." there is a pause, "Oh, and I'll need to assign a new Captain to the Skyguard. If I remember correctly, you," she looks at Crest Fire, "were Carrot's second in command? I guess that makes you Captain Crest Fire now. Congratulations." The Countess get's up to leave, her guard Osal follows behind.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: November 29, 2011, 01:28:05 am »

I give the construct a bow in return, before turning to Carrot.

'If you really want to, I'd be happy to let you stay with me.  Are you sure you don't want to continue on to whatever comes after, though?  I'd expect you to have something happy waiting for you.  Speaking of happy, excuse me a moment.'

I fly to my beloved, proud that she had the strength to handle her past and do it her way.

'You did it, Friesden!'

I was so hoping for something like this :D

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: November 29, 2011, 01:28:37 am »

"WAIT, WHAT?! BUT...I...aw, horse apples..." Mutters Crest.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: November 29, 2011, 01:30:42 am »

"W-Wait."

Starkey rises from his seat, moving to follow the Countess.

"I was his commander... and friend. I would appreciate it... if you allowed me the task of breaking the news to his family, ma'am."
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: November 29, 2011, 01:31:17 am »

"Now...now I remember everything," she says, with a touch of sadness in her tone. She flies to Carrot, and bows low.

"I'm sorry. How could you ever forgive me?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: November 29, 2011, 01:31:42 am »

"Khenal, Kil doesn't need me, and I wasn't the kind of pony you'd call a hero...Anyway, Thanks so much for allowing me! Friesden, I forgive you. I can't blame you really, I was a danger to everypony anyway!" He laughs as he fades into nothing.

Khenal then hears Carrot say inside his head,
"Hey, it's roomy in here! HA HA!"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:33:31 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 665