Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281256 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #3465 on: November 29, 2011, 12:07:48 am »

(Does anyone mind if I skip ahead, to Captain Isos and Charity arriving in Isos's office? Are all three of you coming?)
(I'll be around for only another hour or so, so I'd recommend skipping ahead)

(Good enough for me.)

After a few minutes [during which I'll assume somepony helps the commander along] Captain Isos, and the Countess walk into Isos's office. Charity is flanked by one of the member's of Psycho's squad, a legendary boyer responsible for all the masterful bone crossbows the squad carries. His name is Osal and he carries his artifact wooden bow, also named Osal.

Charity, speaks as she walk in the door, "Why did I have to come down here? What couldn't you tell me in my offi..." she stops when she see's the crowd gathered in here. A member of the guard she doesn't really know, and Crest Fire, another one of her families body guards, along with the Commander. Realizing that this must be important. She takes a seat and prepares to listen.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: November 29, 2011, 12:13:21 am »

"It's been fun Khenal, shame I had to die so soon...If you don't mind, could I stay with you, like Keeper used to? First things first though...Let's get rid of that dwarf!" And with that being said, he lunges at the beast, jamming the knife through the creature's chest, aiming for the heart.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:06 am »

The knife slides into the beast's massive bulk, and blood splatters everywhere. But the strike is no more fatal than the last.

Friesden stands up. She runs to Khenal.

"I want to help."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:53 am »

After Charity takes her seat, and Captain Isos sits behind her desk, the Guard Captian speaks,

"This won't be easy to explain, and I don't have all the information yet, but..."

She proceeds to give out all the information she knows about Carrot's death. That he's been killed. How he died. That he likely won't be able to come back this time. That Khenal put his body in a wooden chest. That Friesden killed him. That she's been chained up, and that Khenal still thinks he can save her, and the captain's opinion that he's foolish for trying. Naturally, she is not mentioning that Psycho went crazy first, and that it was really more of self defense, as she hasn't really been told that, yet.

She does mention that Khenal claims it was self-defence, but also, points out that he's both living with her (not unbiased) and is the one who brought her in to be chained up, and thus the Captain doesn't really buy it.

Edit: for corrections.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:33:56 am by KingStrongbeard »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: November 29, 2011, 12:29:32 am »

'Friesden!  Good, I think Carrot and I are going to need it.  Any suggestions on what to do?

Khenal told her it was self defense, but he's hardly an unimpeachable witness.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: November 29, 2011, 12:31:27 am »

"I don't know. You're the fighter here."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: November 29, 2011, 12:34:35 am »

Khenal told her it was self defense, but he's hardly an unimpeachable witness.

I have made corrections to my last post. To those it may apply to please check it.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: November 29, 2011, 12:35:02 am »

"Khenal, try saying what you said to seal cockroach away!" Yells Psycho.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: November 29, 2011, 12:37:58 am »

Falcata tries to suppress the wrath growing within her.  She hadn't interacted with Carrot that much in her time in Glitterglen, and what little interaction she'd had wasn't the best in the world, but he didn't deserve that.  She wanted to punish Friesden right then, right there.  She even had a weapon to do it with.

No, that wouldn't solve anything.  She let the anger drain away slowly and relaxed the scowl forming on her face.

What she wanted to know right now was why.  Why was Friesden even allowed out, where this could happen?  Why would Khenal allow this?  None of that was the question right now though.  The question right now, was what was the countess going to say, or do about it?

She remains silent, trusting her superiors have a decent answer.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: November 29, 2011, 12:40:46 am »

The great beast speaks ""This is your leader speaking. Here is an important announcement. It has been put about by backsliding revisionary paper hyenas that Friesden does not belong to me. This is a lie! Our glorious slavery gallantly continues to function! These are dark days and the storm clouds gather around us. BUT NEVER FEAR! I pledge that I, your leader, will see you safely through to a better world!"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: November 29, 2011, 12:41:53 am »

'That's the thing, though.  He's not reacting to the wounds like a pony should.  It's like he's a big, pony-shaped blood bag.'

My eyes light up as I realize what's wrong.

'Of course!  It needs to be you, Friesden!  Carrot and I can't hurt it because we arent you.  You need to defeat him, not us.  Do you think you could snap his horn with the momentum from a dive?  Or something else?  Let Carrot and I keep him busy so you can deal with him your way.  How's that sound?'
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: November 29, 2011, 12:44:26 am »

"Oh...okay...what should I do?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: November 29, 2011, 12:45:08 am »

'SNAP IT'S HORN OFF!' Snaps Carrot, irritated.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:53:06 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: November 29, 2011, 12:48:11 am »

'Uh, Carrot's idea seems like a good one.  This is your mind, though, it needs to be symbolic of what you want to happen.  Do what you think needs to be done.'

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: November 29, 2011, 12:56:35 am »

The silence in the room is deafening. Finally, Charity speaks. "Captain Carrot was one of my most trusted men. Only two ponies in this whole fort did I trust more and those are my husband and ex-Captain Khenal. His death, should this claim of self-defense be proven false, shall not go unpunished. Friesden was only ever freed because Khenal claimed she was freed from the possession that drove her to kill efim. However, I wish to at least hear out Khenal, and Friesden, before I pass judgment. We shall hold a trial, for Friesden. The charges will be two counts of murder of the first degree. She, and anypony willing to, will speak in her defense, and the evidence against her will be heard. The trail will take place in one week. Isos, no matter what Khenal says, or what assurances he gives you. You are not to let Friesden out of her cell until the trial."

A trial in the pony civilization is less formalized than that which we know. Indeed, in the average pony town, or village everypony knows more or less everypony else, and they tend to be close knit. Serious crimes are, usually, quite rare but when they do happen. A trial is held. A pony trial is more like the worst kind of family meeting than those trials of some other races. I'll provide more details when we approach it.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 665