Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: MTG Adventures RTD - End.  (Read 10753 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 11.
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2011, 03:09:13 pm »

Turn 11 of 13.

Time-span: two weeks.

Irosus:
{5} - Using his tremendous (comparative) intellect and superhuman strength, Irosus doubles the Claws' territory and increases membership by half. He rapidly advances in rank, eventually becoming the second-in-command of the gang (after silently removing his predecessor, of course). {1}+2 - He uses his new connections to learn about the gang's recent past. Around one month before he arrived in the city, a magic user going by the dread name of Samantha took command of the gang. Ruthless, brilliant, and powerful, she made the gang into a local powerhouse, earning their loyalty. One week before Irosus joined the clan, she ceased communications before disappearing, telling them only to continue gaining strength. {2} - Irosus noticed nothing strange during the two weeks.

Irosus managed to keep his magical abilities secret.

Frelock:
{3} - Frelock spends much of his time communicating with his hive, but it seems to be having some sort of unknown trouble. It succeeded only in creating another two flying slivers and sending him their cards. His telepathy is slightly better, but the improvement is only significant if he has his own mini-hive of at least four slivers, including himself.

Toaster:
{1}+1 - During his search, Toaster encountered Kilthari again. {5}, {6} vs {1}. Justice being served swiftly, he sent her corpse home alongside his warriors. {4} vs {2}. Nobody noticed the "fight." A further search of the dark alley, and Toaster found a poorly written note: K: Thanks for the gold. We're done fighting now. By the time you find this, we'll have long fled town.
-B

{5}+1 - After continuing his search by speaking with every elf he found, he learned that a powerful human has apparently been stirring up gang activity throughout the city. {2}+1 - This figure's goals remain unknown, although the gangs are nearing open war with each other. It's likely that they are a diversion of sorts.

Dwareval'il'ik:
{5} vs {3} - The kobold spends the rest of the day creating a replacement shiv. Once those inside the house fall asleep, she effortlessly enters the house and assassinates the so-called masters. She finds their money stash, and various papers detailing the business. {3} Come morning, a few thugs meet her at the door. She eventually manages to convince them that she is the rightful and lawful heir of the business, thanks to generous bribery of half the stash, and hires one as a personal bodyguard. She spends the rest of the weeks earning money through fights.

Enemies:
No combats.

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2011, 08:56:51 pm »

Send a message home with this information via the warriors.

Continue to investigate the human stirring up the gangs, attempting to determine his whereabouts.  Confront him with the warriors if able.  If malign, capture him if able, kill if capture is infeasible.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2011, 10:17:51 pm »

Continue earning gold, branching out into other criminal enterprises such as smuggling, slavery and drug selling-starting as a low level operative, but moving up slowly but surely.

I am no longer Dwareval'il'ik...but will now be known as the crime boss "Four-Finger Jack" (cause humans can't tell Kobold gender differences :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2011, 01:26:27 am »

Try to create an object that will enhance the connection with the hive, a hivestone, if you will.  Try to make it possible for the hive to communicate to others through it.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2011, 09:22:34 pm »

If you do, can I call a slot in advance, and request a message upon creation? :)
Anyone who wants to will be able to give suggestions, but I'll note you down as wanting a PM once I start it.

Yes, I was indeed saving that reply for a bump.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2011, 09:33:48 pm »

Wait, I'm the only one we're missing. Crap. Having only four players is weird. :-\

Train several members as my own elite, loyal, personal sub-faction, while looking elsewhere for information on this Samantha.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 12.
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2011, 12:47:51 pm »

Turn 12 of 13.

Timespan: two weeks.

Toaster:
{2}+1 - Toaster and his companions spend days searching for hints of the unknown human, but it is two weeks before he finally learns something: messengers coming from one of the ruins bearing the mark of the human (a two-headed bird) inform each of the gangs that the time for open war against the people running the city is now. Toaster manages to capture and interrogate one of the messengers, {1} barely learning that the messenger's master was located in a ruin somewhere. {4} His egress is swift.

He has begun experiencing recurring nightmares of infinite pain.

Dwareval'il'ik:
{5} - The kobold uses her superior business sense to easily branch out into other shady areas, quickly buying out or killing off competitors. {3} She now runs, directly or indirectly, about a third of the local criminal underworld. She manages to gain loose control over three of the gangs worried about their rivals gaining power.

Frelock:
{4}+1 - Frelock makes a significant discovery regarding his telepathy, allowing him to communicate with his original hive from any distance. Together, they create a hivestone, which acts as a sort of telepathic anchor/portal for the main hive, acting as an extension of it wherever Frelock brings it. Through it, the Hive is able to use short ranged telepathy, and even weak telekinesis. Frelock has maintained occasional telepathic contact with Irosus and Toaster.

Irosus:
{2} - Irosus attempts to give special training to select members of the gang, but finds himself particularly bad at teaching undisciplined humans how to fight "properly." {5}+1 He is lauded for his efforts regardless, and none suspect his motives. {2}+1 - Eventually, a messenger comes from Samantha, stating that everything is in place. The time to strike out at the government and other gangs is now. Irosus manages to learn that Samantha was exploring ruins, and that something is going to happen soon at a particular castle ruin in the mountains fifteen miles north-north-east of town.

Last turn, make it count.

Enemies:
No combats.

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2011, 02:54:35 pm »

Using the warriors as needed, attempt to track down the correct ruins.  When found, storm them and stop the evil by any means necessary.

Let's hope my chronic bad rolls in RTDs don't blow everything up here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2011, 07:13:30 pm »

Get the hivemind to establish diplomatic relations with the local government, and attempt for recognition from both it an other governments.  Assist the government in local affairs if need be (say, Irosus's adventure) to demonstrate the goodwill of the hivemind towards other sentient creatures.  Insist on sovereignty over current hivemind territory, but attempt to establish regulations for trade and immigration to our prosperous homeland.  Use hivestone to allow others direct telepathic connections in order to facilitate this.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:15:22 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2011, 07:24:41 pm »

More money. More Power. More men.

I must have MORE!

Become a raid boss for groups of average level adventurers. Hire an assortment of annoying bodyguards to protect the linear path to my new hideout. Most of these guards should have highly telegraphed attacks.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2011, 03:38:50 pm »

Irosus will lead the gang to conquering and assimilating the entire city, restructuring it as a glorious proper hive!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - End.
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2011, 04:15:38 pm »

Turn 13 of 13.

Nobody help Toaster or anything. It's okay I'm sure he's fine with saving the world on his own.

Toaster:
{4} - Toaster and his loyal retainers managed to find the correct ruin, mostly because of the ominous black clouds billowing forth from it. {6}+2, {2}+2 vs {2}+3, {2}+4. A swarm of cultists in black robes leap out to defend the ruin. The brave elves fight their way through, but Toaster's companions are mortally wounded in the process. He proceeds to have an epic duel against a villain giving a cliched speech about power. He wins, of course, dissipates the ritual she was conducting, and confiscates her collection of immensely powerful artifacts.

On his return to elvish lands, he is made high protector of the southern areas of the forest. {6} - He was allowed to keep the artifacts as trophies. Being an immortal, and with a team of sages under his command, he takes his time unlocking their secrets, and never endangers the world.

At least, not the elvish world.

Frelock:
{3} - The route to hive mind equality is a long and arduous one. Most humans are unwilling to accept a powerful telepathic hivemind anywhere near them, and The Hive itself has a hard time grasping human politics. {2} Local governments aren't willing to accept its help for anything other than the most menial of affairs, such as unimportant message delivery. Tourists are uncomfortable visiting its lands, and are rare. Frelock eventually dies of old age, long before his dream of sliver equality becomes a reality.

Dwareval'il'ik:
{1} - The kobold attempts to become the most exciting raid boss the world has ever known. Unfortunately, a bright eyed adventurer wielding a rusty short sword kills her while she is negotiating with goblins for manpower.

Irosus:
{2} - Irosus leads The Claws in a brilliant raid against a powerful neighboring gang. Unfortunately, an alliance of gangs lead an attack on Claw territory a mere hour later, and Irosus was killed by crossbow fire while trying to run away.

END

Depending on how my art and procrastination skills are coming along, I might do an over-the-top illustrated viking mini-suggestion-game (BATTLEAXES AND LUTEFISK FOR ALL!) sometime in January, before I commit to my dungeonpunk idea.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2011, 04:21:38 pm »

I'm not sure how much that 3,2, and 1 would have helped Toaster anyway.

Also boo for crime not paying. Booooo.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2011, 04:31:43 pm »

I respawn every five minutes anyway...  :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2011, 04:39:24 pm »

A winner is me.

I guess?

What would have happened if I had failed?

I consider it an interesting proof of concept for a short turn-limited RTD game, in which you have a specific number (10-20) of turns to accomplish a stated goal- something to last no more than a couple weeks.  I might even try one on my own once I get the available time for it.  It'd be a break from the standard "goes until the mod dies or everyone loses interest" RTD that usually happens here.

Also, props for seeing it through to the end.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11