Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: MTG Adventures RTD - End.  (Read 10757 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 9. Obvious obliviousness.
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2011, 05:47:36 pm »

Enough people want me to keep this alive that I don't want it to die, but my motivation to get updates done in a timely manner is gone. Anyone want to take over as GM? If not, I'll keep going.

Dwareval'il'ik:
{1} - "Sir, please get me out of here. I'm an excellent merchant, and could steal from your enemies. I can also--"

"Shut up!" The man angerly jabs a blunt piece of iron through the bars of the cage and into the kobold's stomach, knocking the wind out of her. "Filth like you don't get opinions!" {4} Dwareval'il'ik is filled with rage, and lunges at the side of the cage, snarling. The man smirks and returns to his companions. "It's definitely a fighter."

{?} They purchase the kobold. The proprietor, while wearing thick arm-length gloves, shoves the kobold into a thick burlap sack and quickly ties it tightly shut after ensuring the door is closed. Dwar'eval'il'ik can barely move, and is hit when she tries struggling. After an indeterminate time of uncomfortable movement (She thinks she was thrown onto a cart at some point, with one of the men occasionally kicking her), the sack is eventually opened, and she is dropped into what is probably a basement. One of the men is guarding the closed door closely, while another speaks. "If yer hungry, there's rats around. Yer fight starts in three hours. Try not ta get kilt before we've been paid enough ta make ya worth it." Both men leave (There looked to be another small room behind the door), and she hears a lock click.

The basement is mostly stone, and strewn with various rubble and cobwebs. Near the door is a bowl with water. The ceiling is made of wooden planks, and a small amount of light filters from above. There are no obvious exits beyond the door.

Everybody who's not a kobold.

{5} One of the chief's subordinates hands him a pipe, which he promptly lights and begins to puff on. Two other patrolmen interrogate Irosus' minions, after separating them from the insectoid. "Kilthari has a certain fondness for picking fights with foreigners. As you're all still alive, you clearly impressed her. I do have a use for ones such as you." He gestures down the street to the west. "We have gang problems. The Claws have never been much of a problem, but have grown greatly in strength over the last month, and even went so far as to kill a group of my guardsmen yesterday. I could just have them killed, but my gut says they're up to something, and I want to know what. Find it out, if you will, and there will be a reward in it for you.

Of course, I can't force you to do so, but I won't be so lenient next time you disturb the peace if you ignore my request."

As the interviewers report to the chief, another guard explains exactly where the Claws' HQ is (An old two-story tavern they bought and renovated), and the locations of two of their known safe houses (A larger building with a barbershop as a front, and a warehouse). He also explains that they have an estimated 40 people, take cuts from businesses in their area, and that their leader is greedy, arrogant, and good in a fight.

The chief nods at Irosus. "Congratualtions, you have been deemed to not be an immediate threat. The elf and the bug are free to go; the other one needs to be interviewed."

One of the guards steps toward the sliver with a piece of parchment. He explains that all telepaths in the city need to register, and prominently display their registration license at all times. Any unregistered telepath with a stolen license is executed. There is usually a fine for first-offense telepaths forgetting their license, with increasing penalties for subsequent offenses. He gives Frelock an interview to determine whether the telepath is a likely threat, then ties a green canvas scarf behind the sliver's head and hands him a card (The bearer is a recognized telepath. <Unrecognizable scrawl, probably a signature>). The scarf has a picture of a brain with jagged lines radiating outwards on the left and right sides. He is mildly disgruntled that the sliver cannot pay the 5 silver fee, but the chief waves it off.

Evening approaches.

Enemies:
No combats.

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2011, 06:51:37 pm »

I'd be fine if it died. Have me a good laugh at your expense. So, use your dislike of me to power your creativity. :P

Action: Search the rubble for a sharp looking stone, kill a rat with it. Put the rats blood in the water. Then, pretend to have embedded the stone in my chest in a darkened corner, with the bloody water in a pool spread around me for dramatic effect. Play dead!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2011, 07:30:17 pm »

I'd be fine if it died. Have me a good laugh at your expense. So, use your dislike of me to power your creativity. :P
I neither dislike you nor your character. I think a kobold somehow gaining enough wealth to buy half the city would be quite an amusing event. It's the dice that want you gone.

I hadn't even considered that action. I expected you to look for anything lootable, find for a weaapon, or ambush your "caretakers" on their return.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2011, 10:27:51 pm »

I say we split up.  None of the criminals will talk to me, so how about you two investigate the front while I see what other info I can find around town?  Also, we'll need a place to sleep tonight.

Nirur:  I'd rather see it laid to rest officially then lapse into obscurity.  Whether you continue or not is your call- I'm in if it stays.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2011, 05:30:32 am »

I'd kind of be in favor of letting it die. A game with a halfhearted GM can only stagger along so far.

Examine the central Claw hive.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2011, 02:42:28 pm »

Eh, IronyOwl does have a point, though it makes me think that any MTGRTD will be cursed, as I think this is the third one to come and go.

Go back and find Gus, and tell him all about my wild adventures!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2011, 03:29:08 pm »

See what I can find out about the Claws from townspeople- especially bullied shopkeepers.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2011, 02:52:57 am »

Enough people want me to keep this alive that I don't want it to die, but my motivation to get updates done in a timely manner is gone. Anyone want to take over as GM? If not, I'll keep going.
There were 3 other MTG RTDs, 2 of them by me, although the last one only had one PC controlled by everyone. - the card "overhead" does not lend itself to RTDs. i was working on proper game mechanics after the last one, but didn't get around to start an actual game. If i find my records i'll start it.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2011, 09:47:08 pm »

If you do, can I call a slot in advance, and request a message upon creation? :)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 10.
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2011, 09:47:35 pm »

I sort of want to start a dungeonpunk illustrated suggestion game, but A. This is still hanging over me, and I can't outright declare it dead in order to start something else, even if I've lost the spark for GMing it. I need a sense of closure to reduce feelings of guilt. (B., less importantly, is that I can't draw, and need another month or two to figure out a way to fake having the ability to draw better than "What sort of idiot puts this sort of thing online as a non-troll attempt/joke?" Yes, even my stick figures. No, I'm not making a game about stick figures. I'm not sure what B. has to do with me ending this game.)

Sorry to everyone who was on the waiting list, and the players, but this will be ending shortly. There will be three more turns after this is posted. The time period for the remaining turns will be lengthy (IE, joining the gang and getting to a leadership position, fighting several arena battles to become the champion gladiator, forming a resistance network, searching around for tombs that might have cards, giving a sliver hive ideas for new slivers). Exactly what the PCs do during these turns, and how, will largely be autoed if it's not clear, so a general action like I shall recruit and train several unhappy peasants as elite spies, in preparation to assassinate the king. is fine. Note that nobody knows how to train spies without a penalty, but I'm sure any of the PCs (other than perhaps the kobold) would train human peasants into very interesting spies.

At the end of the three turns, the world ends if somebody hasn't saved it yet. Blame Toaster.

Dwareval'il'ik:
{1} - While searching through the rubble, the kobold finds a very large rat with suspiciously sharp teeth, which proceeds to bite a finger off. {4} vs {2} - She pounds it roughly over the head, killing it instantly. {4} vs {3} The remainder of her play dead scheme works, and the rather unhappy men (clearly too drunk to check for a pulse) throw her into a small pile of ex-fighter corpses of various domesticated animals outside. They all look to have been killed within the last week or so. The kobold vomits, and notices that the building is outside the city walls.

Irosus:
{6} - Within the first half hour of his stakeout before entering the tavern, Irosus is found out. He is quickly ambushed and surrounded by seven of the Claws. {4} vs {1} - They appear to enjoy some sort of sport involving bashing themselves in the head repeatedly, as they are eager to believe that such a strong being wants to join, and make him a Claw on the spot. He learns that someone terrifying recently reorganized the Claws, and will lead them to certain victory over nebulous enemies.
Apparently, all human members of the gang are werewolves, but only sapient mammals may become lycanthropes. Irosus decides against questioning the sapience of the ones that recruited him out loud.

Member of the Claws! Infiltration will be quite easy, so long as they don't grow suspicious of your motives.

Frelock:
{6} - Frelock quickly returns to Gus, and tells him what has happened to him. Gus seems quite worried for the sliver, and wishes to use some of his savings to hire bodyguards.

Toaster:
{4}-1 - Toaster speaks with a few of the shopkeepers, but they are too afraid to speak of the Claws with him. The townspeople in Claw territory are likewise scared of the Claws. Toaster narrowly avoids a fight after questioning an obviously impoverished group of youth outside of Claw territory about them.

Enemies:
No combats.

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2011, 09:52:57 pm »

Join and rise to power in Claws, uncovering methods and motives while attempting to steer them away from collateral damage.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2011, 10:39:49 pm »

Work on being able to summon multiple slivers to my aid, as well as adding new powers such as better strength, agility, and especially enhanced telepathy with non-sliver creatures.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2011, 11:34:54 pm »

I didn't do it.

Search the city for elves to assist me in searching the city for clues to the threat to my forest.  Use the warriors as needed.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2011, 11:58:09 pm »

You totally did. Since Derm isn't here, it's all you.
I wonder if I can claim a slot for the dungeonpunk adventure right now? If I can, I'm doing so.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2011, 08:44:43 am »

Wait till nightfall. Kill them all from the cover of night while they sleep. Every last one. Steal their valuables.

...and become the Boss of the Pit Fighters in their place!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11