Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 54917 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]
« Reply #405 on: November 07, 2011, 07:13:22 pm »

Orangebottle: Who else have you followed?  What were your results?
I followed Vector on night one. She went to do something(I assume protect) at a small caravan outside of town.

Orange:  What happened when Native and the "someone" crossed paths?  What'd Native (or whoever it was) do after going to the pub?
Native followed him for a bit, the 'someone' left town, Native took down some notes on a piece of paper, and I went home after that.

You did?

We should all probably lynch Nuke because I'm an old man and I had a few drinks with him last night, who appeared distracted by something.

Toaster's Game-Winning Theory:  Nuke switched his form with you last night, possibly on his way to killing Vector.  You, now looking like Nuke, came in to the pub.  I come in looking for Nuke, and find you, looking like him.  We share some wine, and I slip poison into yours.  You wander off back to your camp, and as you stated, start feeling the effects, giving you a nasty headache.

You're going to die soon (sorry) and Nuke is an evil scummy bastard who needs to hang.

wh-
Interesting.
Very, very interesting.
Your theory does leave out a few possibilities though.
Native, this is important. Where in your flavor does it say that you first felt the buzz, before or after you entered the pub?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 07, 2011, 07:20:48 pm »

I felt a slight buzz when I first changed forms. It came again after the old man and the pub, but it was stronger, much, much stronger, and it made the world buzz around me and I had a thundering in my head (probably a massive headache). My flavor suggested that it lasted until the morning, when I changed back into myself.

Another thing, I didn't mention the headache (though buzzing might have given it away), but Toaster did.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 07, 2011, 07:46:58 pm »

Well, I'm convinced.  NUKE.

I'd still like to hear from Toaster why he's slipping people poison.  What he hopes to accomplish, etc.  I'm comfortable with full roleclaims if it comes to that, as I think we have enough to finish this.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 07, 2011, 07:52:20 pm »

Uh.

I will confess to being confused.

Toaster poisoned me, but native looked like me, so toaster poisoned native?
So I am not poisoned, then? And native is?
So... I win? Native dies, my horse is avenged?

Heh heh heh.
Heh heh heh heh heh.
Ah heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

What luck, then. Thank you, face-changer. I'm sure your motives were unpure, but you have helped me a great deal.
Might I request you don't lynch me? I doubt it will matter, from a victory perspective- I am quite prepared to die on my quest for justice. But I suspect I will up and leave as soon as Native stops breathing, so it would rather be a waste of a lynch, no?
Long Live United Forenia!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 07, 2011, 07:55:09 pm »

Hahaha, but no.  First off, as a lyncher I believe you only win if your target is LYNCHED, not killed through other means.  Secondly, why should we hand you a victory here?  How do we know you weren't the face-changer, seeing as Native insisted his target was a male from out-of-town who came here recently and you are the only one who fits that criteria so perfectly?
On the Nature of Dwarves

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 07, 2011, 08:10:52 pm »

Ah, that would be disappointing. But I'm fairly sure I just need to kill him. I assumed this would involve lynching given his claimed NK-immunity, but, well, apparently that immunity does not extend to poison ingested whilst wearing your enemies face. So long as he lies dead, I should be happy.

Also, how do you know I'm not secretly the postman? Asking whether I am the facechanger- not really useful, is it.
I'm not, for what its worth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 07, 2011, 08:20:56 pm »

Native:
My flavor said that I took back my own form, my head cleared. Do you know if your poison would have a continuously dizzy effect or if it would clear up during the day only to kill at night?

No idea.  The only listed effect is slow death.  It's fly agaric

Spoiler: Symptoms per Wikipedia (click to show/hide)

Given that it cleared up (and started before you drank it), it could be an effect of the spell instead of the poison.  Regardless, the "old man forced you to have drinks with him" bit while you're wearing someone else's face is very damning.

Urist:
I'd still like to hear from Toaster why he's slipping people poison.  What he hopes to accomplish, etc.  I'm comfortable with full roleclaims if it comes to that, as I think we have enough to finish this.

Really?  I've answered this.  He claimed nontown- why shouldn't I off him when I have the chance?  I hope to accomplish the removal of an anti-town force.

Nuke:  I'd expect an immediate night flavor claim that contradicted my theory if you had any interest in disagreeing with it.  Since you didn't do so, I'm quite content seeing you hang.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 07, 2011, 08:26:32 pm »

There's a small chance that I'm not poisoned, judging by the flavor. I'm waiting to hear from Toaster about whether or not he knows the headache would persist. Which would mean you're the one actually poisoned.

In any case, I would rather see you hanged today than let you fulfill your wincon, even if it still means I die in the night. Deathsingers aren't exactly the type of folk you want to go on living. I also doubt that you're a lyncher. Given the hijinks you've pulled in the past, I wouldn't put it past you to claim lyncher to cover your ass should something like this occur. Alternatively, by claiming lyncher and having people believe you, it puts you out of the "he's scum, let's kill him" range and into "he's not necessarily anti-town" range.

PPE: Alright, so I'm not convinced that I'm not poisoned. I guess we'll find out tonight. In the meantime, I'll enjoy watching NUKE hang, at least I can get some satisfaction before I die.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 07, 2011, 08:50:41 pm »

Ah, that would be disappointing. But I'm fairly sure I just need to kill him. I assumed this would involve lynching given his claimed NK-immunity, but, well, apparently that immunity does not extend to poison ingested whilst wearing your enemies face. So long as he lies dead, I should be happy.

Also, how do you know I'm not secretly the postman? Asking whether I am the facechanger- not really useful, is it.
I'm not, for what its worth.

You're not the postman either; Xanatos already claimed that, and fessed up to posting his pointless "Don't kill the mailman" sign as well.  You're the most likely suspect to be the Deathsinger, and given that you claimed a non-town role (with a potentially anti-town objective), you're a target we can safely eliminate while looking for the Deathsinger should you not be him.  It might even help us.

Toaster: Basically, what I'm asking is, if you've got a repeatable poison ability, what are you out to do with it?  You've explained quite well why you picked NUKE and given my vote of him now, I'm all for it.  I'm trying to distinguish if you're a Vig or a Serial Killer.  I'm leaning Vig or other pro-town given Vector's flavor support of you and yours of her earlier, but you wouldn't be the first serial killer to have neighbors who uttered "He was always so nice, though...", and I don't want to give the poison-wielding alchemist a free pass just yet.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 07, 2011, 09:53:19 pm »

Yeah, NUKE. If there's a chance Native was poisoned in your place, I'm not letting you slip through the cracks. I had my reasons at the beginning of the day, and then.here's all the things that came up during the day.

Arathos is right, you couldn't be the mailman. Why would you go through so much effort to disguise yourself as a wine merchant just to enter town as a poisioning mailman? Flavor-wise it makes no sense.
Why wouldn't you conterclaim when Xanatos did? Gameplay-wise, it makes no sense.

In fact, if you flip Mafia and the game doesn't end, I'd be willing to bet money that Dariush is your scumbuddy, due to all the incredibly shitty distancing you two would have been doing in that situation.

Or maybe it's just your shared meta. Who knows.
My Sig

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 07, 2011, 09:55:30 pm »

EBWODP: and then there's**

Man, I keep mistyping stuff.
My Sig

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 07, 2011, 09:59:42 pm »

Whaaat.

I wasn't seriously claiming to be the mailman. I was just saying that asking me whether I am the face-changer is ridiculous and pointless. I'm not, but of course I have no way to prove it.

Ah, but, whatever. So long as native dies, what do I care?
If native doesn't die I am going to be very sad.
Heh heh heh heh heh.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 07, 2011, 10:27:16 pm »

Urist:  I'll poison someone if I am fairly confident that they are scum.  Given that we have an unknown quantity (and composition) of anti-town forces, I want to be fairly certain.  If you're asking me what I plan to do tonight, the answer is I haven't thought it through yet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 08, 2011, 01:34:16 am »

Unvote, vote NUKE.  Guaranteed non-town, and no reason to even bother keeping him around anymore.  Thus, he shall die.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 08, 2011, 09:17:55 am »

Toaster: I'm not asking your planned actions, just trying to figure out whether or not you're pro town.  A confirmed killing role should always be handled carefully. 
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32