Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 54943 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]
« Reply #390 on: November 07, 2011, 01:06:14 am »

Well, I don't think someone else turned into you to kill someone. Because if they had, I probably would've seen you visit Vector. And I don't think the local guardian is just going to up and leave town.

Did your night action mention anything about you going to a pub?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 07, 2011, 01:06:38 am »

EBWODP: Scratch that last question, I am an idiot.
My Sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 07, 2011, 01:08:16 am »

That's... strange. I was transformed on my way to the pub. My flavor didn't mention me taking any notes. It's possible that this is the one who took my form, moving around after my guards captured me. Or for some reason you saw my true form or something.

Not in my normal form.

PPE: I'm guessing you just followed me. Is there anything in your flavor that suggests you can see through illusions or the sort?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 07, 2011, 04:03:39 am »

Not in my normal form.
Except I saw you, outside of any prison, going to a pub. So the person disguised as you didn't kill Vector either.
PPE: I'm guessing you just followed me. Is there anything in your flavor that suggests you can see through illusions or the sort?
Not a thing.
My Sig

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 07, 2011, 04:39:54 am »

Hm. Interesting.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 07, 2011, 08:49:36 am »

Native, so you were transformed last night... into someone who was doing the kill... conveniently exactly while being followed. Yep, sure.

That would have required two things. 1) I would have had to known she was a hex-weaving and 2) my wincon would have to be "rid the town of magic-doers" rather than "save this town, from any dark forces that would seek to destroy it, and those that would harbour them."
Both of which points rely on you telling the truth, of which there's no guarantee.

Sooo... the above two points and you being so fast in explaining the lack of a kill on N1 is just one unverifiable coincidence too many.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 07, 2011, 09:51:43 am »

Jack:
Toaster: How long will your poison take to kill NUKE?

Unspecified.  I asked Max, and got back a non-answer.  I'd guess he'll die at day end like most poison roles do.

Urist:  Correction:  Another player (Akigagak) has a grudge against me.  He blames me in the death of Simple's and Zrk2's mother.

Vector had some (unspecified) ability in fighting the supernatural, and I considered her a guardian of the town (hence me saying that she was strongly implied to be town by flavor.)  Nothing else about her.

Dariush:
Native, so you were transformed last night... into someone who was doing the kill... conveniently exactly while being followed. Yep, sure.

That would have required two things. 1) I would have had to known she was a hex-weaving and 2) my wincon would have to be "rid the town of magic-doers" rather than "save this town, from any dark forces that would seek to destroy it, and those that would harbour them."
Both of which points rely on you telling the truth, of which there's no guarantee.

Sooo... the above two points and you being so fast in explaining the lack of a kill on N1 is just one unverifiable coincidence too many.

Okay, that's just downright suspicious.

First, we don't know the deathsinger did the kill.  Second, said follower specifically didn't see him killing people.  You're extrapolating quite a lot here, and I don't like it.  Why are you accusing someone who got followed to nowhere last night of killing people?

Orange:  What happened when Native and the "someone" crossed paths?  What'd Native (or whoever it was) do after going to the pub?

Native:  Did you notice someone crossing your path on the way to the pub?  What was the nature of the transformation?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 07, 2011, 10:42:03 am »

Orangebottle: Who else have you followed?  What were your results?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 07, 2011, 10:56:02 am »

On that note, what's everyone's opinion of a massclaim?  I'm slightly in favor, but would go either way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 07, 2011, 03:37:15 pm »

Dariush: I'm not even sure how to respond to that, it's so ridiculous. What happened to your opinion of OB?

Toaster: No, I just suddenly started feeling strange. I fell to my knees and my body shifted around me and changed into the form of another man, a man I've seen before in the town. He was one of the crowd I saw today. But Max had to limit the flavor to keep the balance, so I don't actually know the identity of the man. After I transformed, I went to the pub to see if I could find him or someone who looked like me. I apparently found neither and slipped away after an old man tricked me into have a few drinks with him. On my way to camp (which I just realized is mentioned as being just outside of town, OB, so I'm probably the one you saw leaving), my head starts to buzz again, stronger than before. The world is buzzing around me and I start to lose my sense of direction, but I manage to find camp and then I get arrested.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 07, 2011, 04:55:35 pm »

You did?

We should all probably lynch Nuke because I'm an old man and I had a few drinks with him last night, who appeared distracted by something.

Toaster's Game-Winning Theory:  Nuke switched his form with you last night, possibly on his way to killing Vector.  You, now looking like Nuke, came in to the pub.  I come in looking for Nuke, and find you, looking like him.  We share some wine, and I slip poison into yours.  You wander off back to your camp, and as you stated, start feeling the effects, giving you a nasty headache.

You're going to die soon (sorry) and Nuke is an evil scummy bastard who needs to hang.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 07, 2011, 04:56:19 pm »

Forgot to extend, to make sure there's enough time to play this out.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 07, 2011, 04:57:41 pm »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Oh well, at least NUKE will pay for it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 07, 2011, 04:59:54 pm »

If you believe all that, do you have anything to claim that might provide insight on anything else (given that today will be your last chance?)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 07, 2011, 05:27:48 pm »

Part of the reason I believe it is because I also had NUKE pegged in my very first post. I only unvoted because Xanatos was being stingy.

My flavor said that I took back my own form, my head cleared. Do you know if your poison would have a continuously dizzy effect or if it would clear up during the day only to kill at night?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32