Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 54970 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2011, 08:56:28 am »

Orange:  If you were scum, what would be your worst fear?

Xanatos:  Have you read any old mafia games here on Bay12?  Does your experience from outside this board differ from games that have been played here?

Jack:  If you were town, what would be your worst fear?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2011, 09:01:25 am »

Right then, Witches Coven 2: Witch Convenier.

I think we all learnt an important lesson from Witches Coven, yes? And that is that flavour-hunting is totes valid as a thing and will help us catch the scum. As such, allow me to be the first to say:

My name is Jeffrey Oakseed, travelling Wine Merchant. I have fallen upon hard times, though I managed to sell my current cargo to a cellar-master in town, so things are looking up. Provided I survive these shenanigans.

I propose that we skip the RVS and make with the flavourclaims instead.
Long Live United Forenia!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2011, 09:12:18 am »

I'm Marc Blank, local barkeep, and proud citizen of Woodfell. I have lived here all my life, although have yet to settle down and start a family of my own. Me and Jeffery have a common acquaintance in someone named JD, after Jeff came to me seeking to sell wine.

Yeah, not revealing that name. If someone wants to claim as being JD, he better get it right. :P
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2011, 09:51:07 am »

Hell, I'm in.

I'm Dave Lebling the apothecary.

I've lived here my whole life.  I used to live in town, but I moved to a stone cabin farther out due to the stink (literally) I was making with the chemicals.   My best friend out there is JB (initials to allow confirmation). 

When my mixtures go wrong, I'm usually the first to blame, especially in the death of a widow- which left two sons alone.  The barkeeper (Akigagak, I suppose) really hates me.

I was the guy with the pack in the opener- I was out searching for more ingredients for my chemical mixtures.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2011, 10:42:51 am »

Let's lay our cards on the table, then.

I'm Emma Greystone. I live in a small room above a store, where I work for the room I stay in. I have very few hobbies and very few friends. My mentor was JB, apparently Toaster's best friend, but we had a falling out a while ago.

Oh, and I saw the mayor's wife crying in the store this morning.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:01 am »

Just popping in to let everyone know that my usual time restrictions are going to apply.  I am busy out my ass.

However, I will come by to post in the evening.  I just can't right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2011, 02:47:12 pm »

Yeah, a bit late, but OUT.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - In signups [NEED CONFIRMS]
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2011, 02:58:58 pm »

Zrk, what have you learned after getting lynched in TM?

Flavour fishing usually isn't cool. This game appears to be the exception.

My name is Talos Gravesong and I'm a social outcast for abusing my brother for magical powers. I hunt and trade skins what I need.

Simple what is your favourite third party?

Dariush how do you feel about this much flavour in a game?

NUKE What is your favourite scum role?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2011, 03:14:43 pm »

Zrk2:  Did you abuse him to get magical powers or abuse him for having magical powers?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - In signups [NEED CONFIRMS]
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2011, 03:19:01 pm »

Simple, do you expect any flavor shenanigans here like there were in WC?
Yeah, judging from my pm alone there's hell of a plot going around. It seems to be more outright than witches though and that makes me wonder if the name of the game isn't ironic.

Zrk, what have you learned after getting lynched in TM?

Flavour fishing usually isn't cool. This game appears to be the exception.

My name is Talos Gravesong and I'm a social outcast for abusing my brother for magical powers. I hunt and trade skins what I need.

Simple what is your favourite third party?
Hello brother. This ought to be fun. First of all my name's Atlus Gravesong, son of a mage blah blah blah.
Short story: I got the magical power, Zrk2 having none of his own stole it using the forbidden dark magic stole it from me.
(it was described as ripping aether from  my soul so it's not like it was something easy and fun.)
I apparently lacked spine to do anything about it back then and let him go. I guess i'll take game name literally and go with the easiest explanation that he's at least third party if not scum.

As for what third party i like the most, probably survivor i'm yet to die before the game end.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2011, 03:20:21 pm »

Urgh, fixed version:

Short story: I got the magical power, Zrk2 having none of his own using the forbidden dark magic stole it from me and took for himself althought i don't know what he done with it or from where he got his dark power.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2011, 03:28:15 pm »

Ah yes, apparently I hate Dave (Toaster) because he's a braggart and there's a rumour he poisoned a woman. IC, if we're supposed to be doing that, I guess this makes me suspect him.

OoC, I'm holding judgement because god knows rumour is hardly ever accurate.

I am a bit confused by how much bearing the flavour is going to have on the game, most games have just had it around as fluff, but it seems to be massive hints towards player roles and alignment, so I'm going to be watching to see what happens with interest, idly cleaning my mugs.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2011, 03:34:42 pm »

If i get it right the woman could be mine and zrk2 mother whose death made him do what he did. And there's mention of Dave Lebling  trying to cure her with potions and tinctures but failing. There's also few more people mentioned (SH and A) but i'll wait for other claims before i say more.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2011, 03:38:46 pm »

Uh.

Ok. Zrk2, you stole your brother's magic using dark powers. And you are town? This is just one of those things, a youthful prank, all in good fun?

You understand how strange this looks, right?

And before you ask, no, I am not going to answer your question.
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »

Yeah, rumor has it that the Gravesong widow's death was my fault.  Not true- I tried to save her but failed.

Aki:  Did you have the hots for her or something?

Aki/Zrk2/Simple:  What happened to Mr. Gravesong?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32