Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 8, I Delayed This Long For This?  (Read 39213 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Man of /Ambition/ - Update 6, Tank and Spank?
« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2011, 04:29:13 pm »

Pandar may I also suggest that you put the rules, and game mechanics in the OP, so that people new to the thread can get the gist of how to play it? Also I support the Research of Mobility, so that we may get Machine-gun Buggies, and Flamethrower Tanks !!!!

If I had a list of things people wanted I could do that.

I suppose I'll do the accuracy formula, phys/morale damage formula, and list of known modifiers, but what else do we want to know?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2011, 04:31:09 pm »

Pandar may I also suggest that you put the rules, and game mechanics in the OP, so that people new to the thread can get the gist of how to play it? Also I support the Research of Mobility, so that we may get Machine-gun Buggies, and Flamethrower Tanks !!!!

If I had a list of things people wanted I could do that.

I suppose I'll do the accuracy formula, phys/morale damage formula, and list of known modifiers, but what else do we want to know?
The basic rules on factories, farms, salvaging, refineries, and other things related to City Management should also go there.

Flamethrower tanks would need flamethrowers first...
SILENCE MY LOGIC IS INFALLIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2011, 05:12:05 pm »

Updated first post. Also, if Toaster is interested in converting his first post into the thread into my former first post, that would be helpful. <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2011, 06:44:31 pm »

Bandits to the sides emerge from hiding and open fire!

North Bandit misses against North MG
Northeast Bandit hits against North MG: 3 damage, 1 Morale Damage. All of the Bandit attacks that hit this round have this effect, effwaieye.
South Bandit hits against South Recruit

All but 3 of the bandits suppressed by the MGs refuse to emerge from cover long enough to fire despite their leader's orders.
1 Hit against South MG
1 Hit against North MG
1 Hit against North MG

5 Morale Damage instances across unit, -1 Morale to all units

North MG: 31/40 HP, 59/33 Morale
South MG: 37/40 HP, 62/33 Morale
South Recruit: 17/20 HP, 39/10 Morale

MGs returning fire momentarily...
(Yeah, turns out that when I rolled up this encounter your double-MG deployment suddenly became a VERY wise decision. Not only are they playing Whack-a-Mole with the Bandits, they make the Recruit morale basically a nonissue in combination with having an Officer and 2 Elites each raising Morale by 10. Assuming a few hits land next turn, you'll see why.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:48:12 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2011, 06:56:24 pm »

I think it's time for our elites to live up to their name and bust out their mana grenades if they can throw them into the two main clusters of enemies.

First enemy cluster: The three to the left of our forwardmost Elite, the second cluster being to the right. One grenade per cluster, located to do the most damage.

And hope like hell the enemy doesn't see our camera drone :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Man of /Ambition/ - Update 6.5, Why Can't I Hold All These Bullets?
« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2011, 07:11:41 pm »

(Pffft, this be satellite imaging, yo. MAGITECH SATELLITE IMAGING. Because MAGIC.)

(Oh, and the Suppressing Fire causes a fixed morale loss at the end of your turn. Officers don't help when you're terrified of even leaving cover, much less fighting back. Morale is a system designed to reward two particular things:
1) Attempts to gain control over the battlefield and initiative. If you know your units can take the hits, you can roll over an enemy and restore your morale by scoring hits or global morale from kills as you assault them.
2) Assassination of key targets. Eliminating things with the Heavy Weapons, Veteran, Elite, and Officer traits, among other high-value targets, results in the ability to crush morale easy because the caps are balanced based on having the Morale boosts and Morale Defense from having at least one Officer and such.

Oh, and^2: just being on the receiving end of an attack, even if it misses, does 2 Morale damage - negated, luckily, by the 2 Morale Defense of having an Officer.
Things go badly when a side runs out of Officers.)

Anyway!

Miss vs. Northern Brave Bandit
Miss v-
Miss

WOW MG UNITS.

WOW.

It's your turn again. .-.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:48:00 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2011, 09:22:39 pm »

...Keep firing? 

Have the ones not firing ( I'm guessing the ones who are not machine gunners ) flank the bandits from the side. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2011, 09:28:48 pm »

It is of importance to note that cover is directional; cover in the wrong direction (as long as it's not stupid like having your back to a wall) only gives a modifier of 2 to the score you need to roll under.

The northeast bandit is firing down a clear area for what only barely isn't giving the 10 debuff to defense from being exposed. The bandit who came out of hiding at the bottom has a clear line of fire on most of your Recruits and your Sergeant. Just a note worth mentioning.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2011, 09:30:19 pm »

So, that's why we have machine gunners, more suppressive fire.  In that bandits' general direction. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2011, 09:37:26 pm »

I think it's time for our elites to live up to their name and bust out their mana grenades if they can throw them into the two main clusters of enemies.

First enemy cluster: The three to the left of our forwardmost Elite, the second cluster being to the right. One grenade per cluster, located to do the most damage.
This is the answer !!! All hail the Miss-God Taricus !!!!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2011, 09:37:51 pm »

The M.G.s have the main group covered, the elites should head north and assassinate the snipers while the main squad makes a run for the cover to their east with the front two stopping to suppress the sniper to the south. Northern elite should burn whatever mana it takes to deal with the north-west sniper
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2011, 11:30:34 pm »

Things are going south for the original plan pretty fast here. As was to be expected, I suppose. Change of plan then, let's skip to the endgame. North Elite activates barrier, 'ports northwest to draw the snipers' fire and uses a Mana Grenade on the three raiders in the north of the main group. South Elite also activates barrier, 'ports east, and Mana Grenades the main group. The 'gunners keep firing, just in case those raiders actually survive this attack (which they likely will, though they'll be down to half their health) The recruit squad assumes a semblance of a firing position and unloads everything they got on the southern sniper.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 09, 2011, 01:21:59 am »

Why so much hate for the main group? they barely did anything and are soon to be surrounded...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 09, 2011, 02:11:29 am »

Because if this whack-a-mole game keeps up for three more turns, our machinegunners may suddenly run out of health. They're the focus of attention right now since they keep everyone ducking for cover, and with their accuracy they won't contribute to the overall damage much. So we should take out the main force quickly, and then mop up the stragglers in a more leisurely way when they don't have the firepower to suddenly kill someone. Every soldier counts at this point, we can't afford losses.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 09, 2011, 02:16:51 am »

So while the machine gunners keep using suprresive fire, we should use the other Magitech soldiers ( we have a few elites right? ) to flank the bandits.  Attack them from two angles, if their morale doesn't break, we should be able to kill them faster. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32