Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Muscles!

Pressure-Based (Vacuum/Hydraulic)
Filaments (Standard)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 74

Author Topic: Evolution: Origins [Sleek Futuristic Jellyfish][Sporadic Updates!]  (Read 141397 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Origins [Ooze]
« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2011, 02:01:25 am »

i disagree with Armok, since becoming the amoeba will mean returning to unicellular state. better absorbing all we can, multiply, and use the shell as protection.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2011, 02:06:02 am »

i disagree with Armok, since becoming the amoeba will mean returning to unicellular state. better absorbing all we can, multiply, and use the shell as protection.

Armok's suggestion is not to literally become the amoeba, but to essentially replicate ourselves with it's advantages at it's scale, using it's ready body rather than going through the grueling an time-consuming process of breaking it down and building ourselves up.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2011, 04:42:58 am »

Yea, exactly, the amoeba will become yet another cell in our multicellularity.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2011, 04:45:52 am »

So...we're going to assimilate the amoeba?  Connect to it, feed off of it like a parasite, then control it to become a secondary cell? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2011, 06:10:37 am »

Sort of, yea.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2011, 06:10:54 am »

umm... this seem cool. if feasible, its awesome indeed.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Elvisdogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2011, 06:26:01 pm »

Why don't we use the amoeba as a little breeding ground/nourishment by eating enough until we can divide. Then rinse and repeat.

Make it our lair until its completly bled dry and then move on
It was for a film project. I regret nothing.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2011, 06:44:47 pm »

Because we can accomplish the same thing much more efficiently by assimilating it, then making it directly divide into those cells. And there are all sorts of added bonuses.

There is literally no possible advantage to digesting and then rebuilding it all. It'd be a senseless waste.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 11, 2011, 08:38:10 pm »

I agree with Armok.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2011, 12:04:52 am »

There is literally no possible advantage to digesting and then rebuilding it all. It'd be a senseless waste.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2011, 07:55:52 am »

Turn 16

You poke your cilia around the amoeba and search for the cell's nucleus, following the cell's RNA trail back to its origin. You can't see any sort of data processing organelles anywhere- it must not have needed to evolve much intelligence with the heavy-duty shell it has. Using your processor, you cap a sample of its DNA and RNA with some storage code so that your cell will not read it and pop them in a vacuole. With the DNA/RNA backup safely squirreled away, you inject the amoeba's nucleus with protein-eating enzymes (+9 Amino Acids). You think about making a new data organelle attached to the amoeba, but you realize that you could control the amoeba just fine using your existing facilities. Without the control center of the cell, the amoeba's organelles will respond to your input. Unfortunately, the only organelles you haven't seen yet that it possesses are one that extracts minerals from water and a contractile vacuole. While you're at it, you try to plunder the amoeba's supply of glucose before realizing that it is about the same size as you.

It is essentially under your control, but you have yet to integrate yourself completely with it.

Spoiler: Cell Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cell Organelles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nearby (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:37:36 am by Edio »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 12, 2011, 07:57:37 am »

Become Symbiote.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 12, 2011, 08:53:10 am »

It's essentially dead (you dissolved its nucleus), so you can't really be in a symbiotic relationship with it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 12, 2011, 09:24:10 am »

It's essentially dead (you dissolved its nucleus), so you can't really be in a symbiotic relationship with it.

...Assimilate it?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 12, 2011, 09:44:58 am »

6) start customizing it, this be the turn after since exactly how to do that should be player determined, but it probably involves giving it, that is now us, all the old stuff we had/have.
You are in the process of fully assimilating it, and are on step 6 of the plan set forth by Armok.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 74