Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48787 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

O.O Be glad to see 'em. Heheh....indestructible iron thingies, prepare to smash those new creations of theirs. Yes, the ones that are killing the lumberjacks, over there.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V3.2: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| An Update Soon?
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »

Still fleshing out gameplay, I'm also adding in "Dual" weapons so far I got:

Dual daggers - twohanded
Dual battle axes - twohanded
Dual short swords - twohanded
Dual Long and Short swords - twohanded
Bow and dagger - one handed (dagger only drawn during combat, stop bashing with bow)
Bow and short sword - one handed (short sword only drawn during combat, stop bashing with bow)
Crossbow with bayonet - normal use of hands now trains pike and does piercing damage (can take a normal crossbow and add a dagger to it) can still bash with crossbow, but staby staby is used more often.
Dual scimitars - twohanded
Heavy Bolter with Bayonet - twohanded (blowgunner skill) (high powered crossbow, it's ammo requires gunpowder to make (also have to make gunpowder)) shoots 3X harder then bows/crossbows
Throwing axes and Battle Axe - onehanded
Throwing knives and dagger - onehanded
Throwing knives and dual daggers - twohanded
Throwing knives and short sword - onehanded
Throwing knives and long sword - onehanded
Throwing knives and scimitar - onehanded

Throwing Knives are the size of Daggers, and use the Dagger slash stats
Throwing axes are %75 smaller then battle axes and use the B-Axe's hack attack (lowered by %50)

Still working on:

Dual warhammers - twohanded (looked at their size, it is doable)
Dual maces - twohanded
Short sword and dagger
Long sword and dagger

Now mostly these are mostly cosmetic (except for crossbows and bows that will make them decent in melee as well as range)
I'm also planning:

Heavy Bolter upgrades (more firepower?)
Shells and a workshop (needs gunsmithing plans)
Office desk with the option to "invent" ideas like "gunsmithing plans" and others (might use this to add a tech tree to current custom workshops)

I'm also working on a reaction that compacts ammo together (so now you can have 150 arrows in a quiver instead of 20)
this reaction will also help with  merging used ammo together to be a nice little bundle again. (that is if I can get it working)

Along with all this I should be acually testing alchemy and the paper industry. And making the more "human" buildings. Also more custom armor to go with the new weapons. Also made Demigods more immortal as they need no food, drink, or sleep. They feel pain and get exserted so don't think they can take a whole siege by themselves. They can also wear armor over their "armor" but I don't want to get rid of [EQUIPS] because they can lose their "zwei-hander" or "right gauntlet(hand)" and if that happens it would be nice if they can wield a long sword in their left hand. Acaully.... Time to test if something even lacking a [EQUIPS] tag can still be ordered to wield something.

EDIT:
updated the "Done" list
Annnnd I shortend the nobles list for humans and dwarves, the Broker for the dwarves now does the bookkeeping (no more bookkeeper) and the human manager does bookkeeping, managing, and trading. Humans now only have Commanders, Captains and a General their squad sizes have been upped to 20 (was 10) the General can have up to 50 soldiers (49 cause he counts as 1) fixed a issue with the chief medical human being called a dwarf :P

Overseer is no long a squad (used to allow 4 bodyguards) now it is a cosmetic noble position of succession games
changed advisor to emotional advisor (since he does just tell people to chill the f**k out)
Milita Commander and captains are now just Commander and Captain squad sizes upped to 20 and General sqaud upped to 50 and you can have as many Commanders/Captains as you want but only one general.

Also fixed whips and the scourges so they shouldn't be over powered now.
Lowered the size of Jagged stones (pebbles for slings) to 50 (was 150)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:27:30 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Finally finished the first release of V4.0!!! WOOT!

It's like 2.30AM here.

But I say Humans are a bit buggy/over powered (at least the Demigods are) and they are off balanced (hope to fix this later)
I got a gunsmith shop for dwarves. you can make the Heavy Bolter with Bayonet with 3 steel bars (yes I will get a tech tree later) and it's ammo there NOTE I have not tested this weapon so be gentle

Dwarves can make Throwing Axes, along with the Battle axe that allows for throwing (the shoot force for throwing weapons is half that of a bow/crossbow but the max speed is the same)

Cleaned up alot of things and fixed bugs. er... I got over zealous and forgot to write down all my changes but hey. I can figure this out 2morrow, or later.

Have fun DL has been updated in the OP

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I just put up V4.1 pretty much a hotfix, this should be complete now and less buggy... Aw crap I forgot to enable mithril making...

For those that download this drop [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_MITHRIL] under the Alchemical Workshop in the [MOUNTIAN] entity.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I set up a poll about the Obsidian Golem for the dwarven race. I will probally run it for a week, before setting up the next Poll (Human Demigods)

I have done some work with the Bolters and have been trying to make them more leathal (because they use shoddy metals like copper and lead) and I think I have some success, Copper shells can shatter the Demigod's steel plate. Then the chainmail or even blast the steel parts off, in one of the arena tests I had a gunner shoot the sword out of a Demigod's hand (acaully severed the steel sword but it was still epic to picture) I never did testing with "acual" armor "yet"

after that it's probally off to make the Bad Elves into elven outcasts that use scavenged armor/weapons (no mithril) that way I can cross that off the big list that "The Master" had brainstormed up with me.

After I get those sorted out, It's fixing the Human castes, then working on more unholy beings to infest cavern 3 and assult your fortresses.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Wait. Bolters as in Warhammer 40k bolters? Holy shit son that's some powerful awsomesauce.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Wait. Bolters as in Warhammer 40k bolters? Holy shit son that's some powerful awsomesauce.
Yup or at least I'm trying to get them in here, once I get them into nice deadly order I gotta make up a tech tree. Making ammo for it is sortof costly, since it takes a whole load of gunpowder and a ton of copper bars (or 4 lead bars) makes a crap load of shells but hopefully those shells weigh your gunner down, making it heavy like the name states it is "Heavy Steel Bolter with Bayonet" But since your gunner is now slower, the weapon has to be more deadly (unless your gunner is super-dwarf then it's a fully auto death machine) and plus bad metal means good armor can stop it. So making the gun shoot harder, faster forces that little grain of copper through anything.

Also liking the votes in the Poll, So far I got some plans drew out. Even for the Demigod (might make that caste even rarer then just 10 since I got 1 demigod in a migrant wave every year and a half, had three in 4 years) Humans caste system is going to get a complete overhual and redo. Thinking of adding mine for ore at the mineshaft. Which will thus make the ToR basically useless until I find a new use (the ToR is easier to build tho, might still be useful for starting fortresses)

The Mason's Workshop 2 will now include the use of stone blocks to make funiture (just in case you made a few too many rock blocks) also might allow it to make Stone spikes for traps (don't know how effective it will be tho, as obsidian is the only sharp stone)

Also might add [CAN_STONE] to several new and vanilla weapons allowing you to make them from obsidian. Obsidian dual battle axes anyone?
I find it funny that hunters will use throwing axes for hunting.

V4.x was released a bit premature, but I thought "V3.2 is kinda crappy and glitched, might as well get something thats less buggy and has some new fun features." hopefully I can finish tweaking and get V4.x all debugged and can work on V5.x which will have (hopefully) the Donkinshnorf and all the mechanical beasties they have been building. And vampires (if the next version of DF is not out by then, even then I'm pretty sure I can tweak it to still work) ghouls, wights, ghasts. basically infesting the caverns with undead. The Blood Beasts little cousin (also need to nerf the blood beasts syndrome) then maybe a animal people clean up.

If toady doesn't remove the HP point system for undead in the next release I will have to do a "undead" overhaul, which will be a first for me working with creature_variation tags. Oh and I need to change the Zombie and Skeleton elves height to their new taller state.

EDIT:
Mentioned plans done so far:

All Battle Axes, Short Swords, and Daggers can be made from obsidian at craftshop.
Also Warhammers, Spears, and Maces can be made from obsidian at craftshop.

Undead Elves were close to the new size (I must have made them before elves were shortened). Undead match their living counter-parts in size now.

Bad Elves or Corrupted Elves are now called "Outcast Elves" they use scavenged Iron, Bronze and Steel equipment and use all armor types excluding the True Elven gear. Live in Deserts and wear the face veils and whatnot. (with this there is a even 4 friendly and 4 hostile surface civs)

Outcast Elves are the exiles from the Good Elves (since pretty much any crime results in exile) Outcasts have no regard for law and find everything acceptable even killing each other (only the strong survive) they use pretty much every weapon and all non-unique armor types (such as the humans breastplate with pauldrons and the dwarven throwing axes, and the bolter because thet requires !!SCIENCE!! something elves don't have)

EDIT2:
I removed that built in 2hander for the Demigods but upped their melee attacks and phys. stats
Humans are more "even" there are now standard humans, farming humans (both genders this time), crafting humans (both genders are have basically all craft duites), Warriors (females are still rare, but now warriors are naturally good at mining and woodcutting), wizards are now priests/priestesses, Demigods should show up alot less.

New combat move added to warrior castes (not golems/demigods tho) the "Head Butt" testing arena I had my warrior dwarf head butt a dog in the head caving in its skull killing it.
Code: [Select]
You charge at Dog 1!
You head butt Dog 1 in the head, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing apart the brain!
Dog 1 has been knocked unconscious!
You collide with Dog 1!
Dog 1 is knocked over and tumbles backward!
Dog 1 has been struck down.

Dwarven priests no longer spit magic crap and have fixed the female versions to say "priestess" instead of priest.

EDIT3:
I have now removed the "pretty" head from the Golems as thats all it did was just look nice. I made all It's body parts [NERVOUS] and added a funtional and settable "charged obsidian" under the thick obsidian. If the charged obsidian gets damaged its like severing a motor nerve, only this doesn't sever and can heal (if your doctor that excels in masonry(just kidding all you need is a bone doc) can set it) So take care of your Golems and they will take care of your invaders. I also added the [SIGHT] tag to the golem's core so I can crank up it's sightrange so it will see and charge enemies from great distances. Also did some basic cleanup and re organized how I had BP's and Tissues set up. So now everthing is how what it is to be.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:23:11 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Happy New Years. And here is what the changelog for V4.2 looks like
V4.2
-Evil Elves are now called Outcasts, and they use scavanged armor and weapons (Iron, Bronze, Steel)
-Most vanilla and new weapons can be made from obsidian
-Undead elves bodysize now corrected to the living counter-part
-Humans and Dwarves can now extract Mithril at the Alchemical Workshop
-Demi-Gods no longer have a Zwei-Hander built-in
-Sexism removed in humans, they are more or less similar to Dwarven castes
-Dwarven Priests no longer use "magic" as an breath attack (never really worked)
-New attack "Head Butt" added to certain castes
-Fixed a gender related name in dwarven priests
-Removed the "pretty" head from obsidian golems as it was only cosmetic.
-Added a tissue called "Charged Obsidian" that is under the outer obsidian shell of Golems
-Most plants are no longer edible raw, must be cooked. Farming is now slightly harder (cooking yields no seeds)
-Booze and seeds cannot be cooked (only meat, plants, and plant products)
-Oculus added to Golems for sight.
-Mason's Workshop 2 now can make rock spikes and turn blocks back to boulders, also rock beds need cloth or leather to be made.
-Mineshaft now allows minerial mining. All minerial operations are stuck at LVL 5 and require all tools nessary

Yes that last one is a bit concerning for the Temple of Regeneration, But then again the ToR takes less reasources to produce regen ore. It's costly running a Mine. I wanna finish this up quick and I don't want to leave out any features or something that makes it harder.

I made farming slightly harder, because most plants need to be milled/cooked to be eaten. Of course you could just have a massive poultry farm and eat eggs, not gonna stop you there. I just find that my fortresses get waaay overloaded with plump helmets because everytime someone eats on you get 1-3 seeds to plant, now brewing is the same. But see even with brewing the rate in which you are cooking plump helment roasts will even out the seed production. Oh amd just made tallow uncookable like booze and seeds too, just now, yeah...

Dual weapons are no longer cosmetic, they do a little extra damage and carnage. Two axes are better then one and more fun. GET YOURS TODAY!

Oh and in the Changelog I mention removing the Demigods natural steel two hander, all their melee attacks have a extra kick to them. But now you have to arm them yourself (believe me they may seem god-like unarmed, but against armed foes. They get messed up pretty fast) geez this changelog grows as I'm writing this post.

OK I will be posting the V4.2 now. Enjoy and once again HAPPY NEW YEAR!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.2: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| Phoebus so far
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2012, 04:37:55 am »

Dual weapons....

Dual weapons + hidden blades + robes and hood= AC2 in DF

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2012, 11:43:50 am »

Dual weapons....

Dual weapons + hidden blades + robes and hood= AC2 in DF
Shame you couldn't tell some of your dwarves to be ambushers, wait for the siege to come in and BAM! Your little AC2 Dwarves/Humans jump out a stab them all in the neck.

But only a hunter goes into sneak mode, and thats only when hunting :(

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2012, 05:22:49 pm »

Meh. Well. I did mod in hidden blades, made a dual version and made an assasin death squad. Everyone feared their wrath, and one guy was the hammerer. Countless goblins screaming, flailing and pleading for mercy followed.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2012, 05:35:30 pm »

I might add that in as a deadly caste of goblins, and outcast elves. Where they have hidden blades, along with whatever weapon they choose to use. One second they could be bashing you in the arm with the mace next there is a blade in you throat.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2012, 12:25:21 am »

I had run a fortress with V4.2 annnnnd. I found a few bugs, I blame the [CAN_STONE] on so many weapons. I just genned a world with some of V4.3 unreleased fixes, I won't be able to test run with the world today, maybe tomorrow. But I found that a few reactions didn't showup, and I got two liaison's from the Mountainhomes.

Spoiler: Report (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Summary
So I found that keeping the fortress fed is a little for difficult (bonus)
No more accidently cooking booze (bonus)
Craftshop rock menu cluttered with confusing dup weapon names (Bad, fixed)
Screw Pump Well missing some reactions (Bad, fixed)
Got two outpost liaisons every year (Bad, might be world gen bug)
Miners and Woodcutters refuse to wear army uniforms, Quatermaster goal fail (Bad, Quartermaster killed)
Tantrum Sprial resolved, Emotional Advisor Goal (Success, maybe. wasn't paying attention to see if they were doing "Attend Meeting")
New outlook on Sword and Dagger combos (confused if should make onehanded and remove the "extra kick")
Trying not to accidently cook all the meat on War dwarves (Annoying, War Dwarfs are no longer Carnivores)
Tons of Tallow left due to lack of cooking (Problem-ish, Tallow good for candles. Must find more uses)
Cavern invaders pathfinding fail (Bad, Fixed)
Didn't get an Obisidian Golem. Field Test Goal fail (Bad, pending)

This is the changelog that I will be playing with, hopefully flush out more bugs while Im at it.
V4.3
-Changed Obsidian Golem's Core tissue from "core" to "bloodstone"
-Fixed and added a new combat move the the Golem "Arm Bash" incase it can't use it's hands
-Removed the option to make stone versions of Dual wielded weapons.
-Removed some [MOUNT] tags from a few creatures that like to swim.
-Fixed some missing reactions for the Screw Pump Well.
-Removed "Quartermaster" thought it was a good idea, but it really only just clutters things up.
-War Dwarves no longer are carnivores. They eat like everyone else now.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2012, 07:10:39 pm »

This mod has the potential to cause goblin/elven/ human screaming, pleading for mercy, flailing and death gurgles. All in the same day.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2012, 10:13:24 pm »

This mod has the potential to cause goblin/elven/ human screaming, pleading for mercy, flailing and death gurgles. All in the same day.
Thats one of the main goals :P I hope that everyone will be screaming and pleading more mercy (even the players) someday :D

Another one would be adding some difficulty to DF, progressivly of course. I usally grew bored when my fortresses where unstoppable once I got some Cotten Candy, I wanted something that no matter how wealthy/powerful my fort was it would come over and bend my fortress over and take its sweet time.

Another goal is getting every reasource no matter where you are (at a cost of course) you might not be able to run a mining operation right away. But once your fortress is built up enough you can (if you got the stones reasources to run the Mineshaft/Quarry/Temple of Regeneration)

Another one would be making DF experience more immersive, and challenging. Now difference between this goal and the above "difficulty" goal is this:
Add more diversity to invaders/creatures/weapons/armor/civs/combat

Make farming not so "easy" in a way. I hate when all the barrels you make for booze are crammed full of "Plump Helments" and thus need more barrels so you can brew, but plump helmetsplosion is taking all new barrels. Vicous cycle.

Make cooking required and nerfed, no more accidently cooking your booze, and no more tallow/seed roasts either.

Simplify but still be challenging, like Commanders and Captains needing their own private quarters but having more soldiers to command.
Add a way to avoid the Tantrum Spiral (Advanced Players that make use of Legendary Dining halls and Waterfalls have no problem) but for beginners or players (like me) that have trouble making waterfalls, experience a bit more enjoyable.

Those are just some goals.

But some features/Issues that must be addressed:
-Must make a simplified leather/bone/ what have you (a few mods have this already, and I quite enjoy this feature)
-Make all tissues for animals heal without the need of setting (Hate when my dog breaks a leg and it never heals)
-Make most animals lack NERVES and instead make leg/arm/limb bones functional and limbs [NERVOUS] so when bone breaks total limb is useless (until healed)
-Add special pets/warbeasts for each civ (old idea, but seeing as Meph as perfected it. I must do it to)
-Find a use for all that excess tallow (other then candle making)
-Make the Temple of Regeneration a "little" more useful and by "little" I mean "alot"
-Dive into creature_variation stuff for creating a "Undead" Overhaul (disapointed in the HP system for current vanilla "Undead")
-Get around to converting Phoebus to ASCII for old school users (sorry guys, but I want to really get close to V5.0 once I'm ready to add new content I'll stop and make ASCII version)
-Find out why the Urk Dasha don't show in cavern layers 2 (they probally do already, but I haven't seen one yet.)
-More but this seems good for now

Also Demigods no longer have natural steel armor, but they are like a street fighting black belt badass (that can pickup armor and weapons to boot)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19