Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48766 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V3.1: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})|
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 03:37:04 pm »

Urk dasha, blood beast, zombie, skeleton.

Wow those are awsome Thank you very much :) there will be more creatures and races that will be added in time. This work nicely

EDIT: is there anyway to assign a caste a graphic? As Skeletons have a Bone Golem, and a planned Lich on the way. And zombies will have a Behemoth and a Headless Monk (looks like a ring-wraith from LOTR but instead of being invisable wiht only the robes to give it away it just has no head unde ther hood.)

EDIT: if there is no way to assign a caste a graphic then I'll just do a workaround, by assigning a certain skill (blowgunner) the image and make the desired creature be naturally good that that skill.

The mine shaft is a pretty neat concept. 

Does it actually produce copies of the items used for input when "retaining" them or does it produce weird things like "copper lamp lamp"?  I recall having some trouble with the GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT token in the past where it would do things like that.  I tried to make a reaction once to re-stack ammunition (by grabbing a whole bunch of it and using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT for the product), but I remember getting things like "cow bone bolt bolts". 

I suppose this could be completely circumvented by not assigning a material to the tool items (or using a specific material and then specifying that material in the product), but I'm curious if you got it to work where it would retain the original item's material.

Also, I think it's high time we pestered Toady for some multi-level buildings.

Yup, I had made all the 'mining tools' unimproveable because during some tests a standard lantern came out as a masterpiece after a legendary miner used the mine, So now tools you put in have a chance of breaking. I wanted to add, digging for ore. But I figured the ToR took care of that by making copies of whatever ore its used orb is made of. I also had issues with spamming with the Mineshaft. If that continues I might have to use a idea 'The Master' had come up with. Same with the ToR if people somehow spam items I'll have to make it harder to use or dangerous.

plain and simple yes it retains the reagent's material for the product.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:47:43 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I'm just getting warmed up! Everyday I unleash a flood of new ideas upon Hugo! someday he might drown in it when the idea tiles reach 7/7
If you want to discuss ideas, PM me and I'll give you the link to the chat we use. I won't give the link to trolls, hence why I'm asking for you to PM.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V3.2: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| ASCII Fixed, Graphics/Deon
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 12:29:52 pm »

I've got a bunch of new ideas, feel free to contact me or hugo if you want to share some of your ideas too!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

superpenut

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V3.2: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| ASCII Fixed, Graphics/Deon
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 10:10:39 am »

Just thought I would share this modified dwarf therapist to manage the castes better.  It is a modified version based on Jeisler's Genesis one. 

Step 1, download Jiesler's modified Dwarf Therapist:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.msg2469808#msg2469808

Step 2, In the Dwarf Therapist directory, open the etc directory and edit the caste_default.txt file.  Remove what is there and put in this:

[MALE]normal
[FEMALE]normal
[MALE]war
[FEMALE]war
[MALE]hunt
[FEMALE]hunt
[MALE]priest
[FEMALE]priest

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 06:57:32 pm »

posting for ease of following.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 07:56:47 pm »

Looks great after you cleaned up the main post. Will be following!  ;D

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 06:40:05 am »

I planted some tower-caps and fungiwood, let them grow then processed them and now have sprores and spawn in stock.  I am getting spammed with messages “cancels Plant Seeds: Needs tower-cap spawn”.   And nobody want to go plant the spawn and spores that was produced at the woodworkers shop.  Any ideas?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 07:29:59 pm »

I planted some tower-caps and fungiwood, let them grow then processed them and now have sprores and spawn in stock.  I am getting spammed with messages “cancels Plant Seeds: Needs tower-cap spawn”.   And nobody want to go plant the spawn and spores that was produced at the woodworkers shop.  Any ideas?

Can you zip/rar the save, upload it to DFFD and PM the Link? Because they worked fine for me, but then again I could have only did the intial planting and then carried on to the next project. As my bug testing is very short and I miss alot. But if this is a error, It shall be fixed and then I will have to quicken the next release so others can enjoy "tree farming".

Altho with college being my main concern my modding has been drawn to a crawl. But I shall try and update/aid in any way I can.

Edit: To everyone one of the reserved posts have been converted to Concept Art and perhaps fan art.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is the failure rate of creating orbs of regeneration?
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

What is the failure rate of creating orbs of regeneration?
I seem to have neglected to include that info in the "Using the Features" section, there is a 45% chance that a orb will be made (55% chance of failure) but once a orb is made it is yours forever.

EDIT: I have edited the OP to include this info, thank you for bringing this to my attention
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:12:48 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome. Thanks. I thought I was doing it wrong.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AHEM. Hugo has been VERY VERY busy lately due to collage. For now, PM me for help.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bump
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bump
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I think I may have drowned in that 7/7 Tile of Ideas that I and "The Master" have come up with. After my... Long departure from this mod, It's time to get back on the horse. Or at least learn how to ride again. First and foremost is completing the Paper and Acid industry. Then sorting through Ideas and setting which ones to get DONE fastest.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19