Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 112587 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - All Present and Accounted For [Day 2] [Need Replacement]
« Reply #240 on: September 06, 2011, 03:45:13 am »

TolyK: Would you care to tell us now what you were going to say?
TolyK & Darvi: Any reason why you didn't suspect somebody yesterday, or at least not enough to vote for them?
Anybody: Any blocks or protects last night?

It would be better for everybody to claim what action they used rather than just a subset of the playerbase.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - All Present and Accounted For [Day 2] [Need Replacement]
« Reply #241 on: September 06, 2011, 03:52:37 am »

What? Why?
As the game goes on, we want players who have been inspected to live. It makes lylo situations a lot easier for the town to have some confirmed townies. If anybody had an inspect, or something else that could somehow confirm them town somewhere down the track, then the player they inspected becomes a prime target for scum.
I would prefer that any inspected townies live until the end of the game, don't know about you.

Although there are a lot of items, making the game rather complex. I don't know what actions would somehow strongly support, or confirm a player as town.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 06, 2011, 04:01:48 am »

.The problem with people not fully claiming is that they're still implying information based on what they didn't say. Sure, the scum don't know what to do, but neither does the town. Sure, if somebody gets outed as an inspection target the scum will try to kill that player, but then they become prime protection target.

Of course, if everybody else doesn't want to claim fully or claim even blocks and protects and shit, I'm not going to waste the day on this. I'm just saying I think we should fully claim what actions we did last night. Not what items we have, not even the source of that action, just what the action was. Like don't say "I used a wand of inspection on foo", you just say "I inspected foo". If we don't do that, then yeah, I guess just claiming anything that could of prevented the mafiakill would work.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 06, 2011, 04:08:08 am »

I don't really like the idea, paladins and priests are going to stand out a little.
I guess see what everybody else makes of it then.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 06, 2011, 04:09:19 am »

In a game where scum could easily choose paladin long-term inspect effect is less serious in my opinion.

I wanted to avoid this situation but Dariush needs at least to explain his motives.

Tolyk,Darvi: Your suspects ?

Mr.Person: Why are you just "bit" interested in finding out why there was no-kill ? It sounds to me like you already know half the story.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2011, 09:26:56 am »

Mr.Person is scum for the same reasons as yesterday (buddying and chainsawing Nuke and bullshit single-reason case on me) and additionally today's rolefishing.

This post. It's absolutely terrible. You accuse NUKE of using ALLCAPS and call that a scumtell, and proceed to use ALLCAPS yourself. You also accuse him of hypocrisy in the same breath, which is more hypocrisy.
Did you seriously so epically failed to detect sarcasm in my post or are you just looking for more asspull reasons to bandwagon me?
Then, you proceed to completely ignore NUKE's rebuttal asking you to explain why his case is bullshit, hoping he'd be too busy to catch you. And he was.
'Ignoring' and 'missing' are two different terms, and it's time for you to learn to distinguish them, son. If he was so insanely interested in my response, he could have... I dunno, repeated the question after seeing that I didn't answer it.
Until you went back and boasted in his face about it. You continue to piss him off, then beg for him to vote you so you can add OMGUS to your retarded case against him.
Okay, now you're just starting to invent stuff. I didn't beg him to vote him, I merely pointed out that he wasn't doing so, which apparently morally justified his immediate reaction. I didn't boast in his face, I listed another reason why I thought he was scum.

Also, I can't help but note that all your arguments against Tolyk were copied from Wuba's accusation from before. Care to explain?

I wanted to avoid this situation but Dariush needs at least to explain his motives.
My motives for what? For voting a person who admitted to not playing to win?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - The Cavern of the Emperor's Jewel [Day 1] [Need 1 Replace]
« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2011, 10:44:30 am »

PFP:
This post. It's absolutely terrible. You accuse NUKE of using ALLCAPS and call that a scumtell, and proceed to use ALLCAPS yourself. You also accuse him of hypocrisy in the same breath, which is more hypocrisy.
Did you seriously so epically failed to detect sarcasm in my post or are you just looking for more asspull reasons to bandwagon me?
Then, you proceed to completely ignore NUKE's rebuttal asking you to explain why his case is bullshit, hoping he'd be too busy to catch you. And he was.
'Ignoring' and 'missing' are two different terms, and it's time for you to learn to distinguish them, son. If he was so insanely interested in my response, he could have... I dunno, repeated the question after seeing that I didn't answer it.
Until you went back and boasted in his face about it. You continue to piss him off, then beg for him to vote you so you can add OMGUS to your retarded case against him.
Okay, now you're just starting to invent stuff. I didn't beg him to vote him, I merely pointed out that he wasn't doing so, which apparently morally justified his immediate reaction. I didn't boast in his face, I listed another reason why I thought he was scum.

Also, I can't help but note that all your arguments against Tolyk were copied from Wuba's accusation from before. Care to explain?
you ignored the (intentional) lack of my response to your WoT
No. You intentionally ignored it. Scum.

will respond to everything else later.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2011, 01:15:44 pm »

Wuba:How could you possibly support Dariush's ludicrous case on NUKE? Did you do it just to buddy Dariush, or is he actually your scumbuddy?
Because NUKE WAS doing a fair amount of the things Dariush said he was doing. If only in the stupidest way ever. And no, I just decided not to play like scum this game, though buddying works for both sides. You just have to be more careful as town. And, really? I don't even think Dariush is scum but even so, why would I go out of my way to defend a scumbuddy? That would definitely work Day 1, too! Maybe if this were lylo, I'd go for it. But, at least give me some credit and assume I'm not mentally handicapped.

TolyK: Would you care to tell us now what you were going to say?
TolyK & Darvi: Any reason why you didn't suspect somebody yesterday, or at least not enough to vote for them?
Anybody: Any blocks or protects last night?

It would be better for everybody to claim what action they used rather than just a subset of the playerbase.
I actually agree with claiming only your actions. Since our actions aren't necessarily static, we can and should claim what we did at Night. And, as initiative to get the ball rolling, I'll start. I used my Wand of Cantrips to protect Simple, which is what I think stopped the scum last night. Go luck, I guess!

Toaster: Are we told if we're targeted with a kill and survive, say from a protection?

And I have no idea why no one is rushing to vote TolyK. He literally isn't posting. No, he isn't being stupid like Dariush. He is NOT. POSTING. Seriously! We should have lynched him yesterday for taking absolutely no stand on anything, and for his promised post that he never got around to actually posting. Probably because that would involve not lurking. And it goes against his active lurking stance.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2011, 01:25:31 pm »

Yes, you know if you were successfully protected.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 06, 2011, 01:39:10 pm »

Well I curse weapon'd Dariush.

Mr.Person: Why are you just "bit" interested in finding out why there was no-kill ? It sounds to me like you already know half the story.
Alright, you "caught" me, I want to know really bad. Probably because that's role information we can use to clear or condemn someone. Why you decided to rolefish, Simple, I'm not sure, but since we're all claiming, it's irrelevant.

I don't really like the idea, paladins and priests are going to stand out a little.
I guess see what everybody else makes of it then.
What? You just said you wanted any protections and roleblocks claimed.

Mr.Person is scum for the same reasons as yesterday (buddying and chainsawing Nuke and bullshit single-reason case on me) and additionally today's rolefishing.
What? I just said why I wanted everybody to claim. That's not fishing, that's asking for the fish to jump out of the water on their own free will. It would help if you weren't trying to come up wish bullshit reasons, but sadly that's all you've ever done and probably all you ever will do.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 06, 2011, 01:47:59 pm »

Still need a replacement, but I protected Webadict last night.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2011, 02:43:05 pm »

Still need a replacement, but I protected Webadict last night.
So, I get protected on the one Night I don't get attacked?

Yes, you know if you were successfully protected.
Well then, I'll see if Simple knows anything.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2011, 02:56:54 pm »

What? You just said you wanted any protections and roleblocks claimed.
I don't think there is a class that has a roleblock, but I didn't think about the priest until you mentioned everybody should claim.
What ever, if we are claiming, then last night I tracked Darvi, and he went to visit Wubba.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2011, 03:40:05 pm »

My motives for what? For voting a person who admitted to not playing to win?
Well, yes. You voted for Person yesterday than changed it for Nuke. You then called the Nuke vote a random one, which i hope shouldn't be replacing real one. So when you say today you're sure that Person is scum for the same reasons as yesterday it sounds strange. These were not the reasons you accused him yesterday and i don't like somehow everyone linked with Nuke is scum in your eyes.

And, as initiative to get the ball rolling, I'll start. I used my Wand of Cantrips to protect Simple, which is what I think stopped the scum last night. Go luck, I guess!
Nope i guess that wasn't it.I didn't feel anything special. I did nothing except throwing away Scroll of curse armor (which is pretty useless by the way :/ )

Alright, you "caught" me, I want to know really bad. Probably because that's role information we can use to clear or condemn someone. Why you decided to rolefish, Simple, I'm not sure, but since we're all claiming, it's irrelevant.
I would say nothing if you started with the request of claiming but this way it sounds much more personal (urgh). And how is this rolefishing if we were about to claim unless you assumed your request was futile.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 06, 2011, 05:49:42 pm »

This is on again? Cool.

First off, I haven't read anything of the new day yet, but eh.

I used Detect Monster on Wuba, assuming he'd be the first NK, and found out that other than me, Think and TolyK targeted him.

Next, OrangeBottle was quick to FoS TolyK after wuba attacked him. With basically the same arguments.
Looks like a case of "Follow the Leader" to me.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36