Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 112592 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - The Cavern of the Emperor's Jewel [Day 1]
« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2011, 08:22:27 am »

I reeeeally don't have much time for this, but here's something small.

1) He should be. I'm going to be generous here, but doing anti-town things is not acceptable since that's what the scum does. By definition. If we don't lynch Dariush for doing anti-town things, when do we lynch him? When he does pro-town things? That's stupid. Why
2) Then what does? Why is it that when Dariush does scummy things you call him a townie?
3) So what's your plan to get him to stop? Doing nothing is obviously not going to work. Barring him from future games is heavy handed and won't change the behavior, although it does get rid of the problem. Talking hasn't worked. I'm not saying we should lynch Dariush to teach him a lesson, I'm saying we should lynch Dariush for acting scummy and IF he's just a terrible townie, he'll learn a lesson.
Scum does not necessarily do anti-town things, just as townies do not necessarily do pro-town things. That's why there's a Too Townie argument to begin with. I am not calling the scummy things Dariush does as townie. I just feel like he is a townie. Why? Don't know, rightly. But, if you want, I'll help you out tomorrow if we get TolyK lynched. Not posting seems to be everyone's forte, though, so don't think lynching Dariush will accomplish much.

See, those are all reasonable points. I knew you'd come up with them given enough time. Now I want you to look at Dariush's more recent posts. Look at how much content and activity there is (or isn't). You don't even have to respond, I just want you to focus on it for a little bit.

That's not a very good reason to ignore MY argument, but ok, whatever. And of course now that you've said it, TolyK isn't going to do it. Which actually might be a good thing, all things considered. Wait, why do you care if TolyK OMGUS's you?
Alright then, I'll look over Dariush's stuff in a bit. Probably not before the Day ends, but eventually. And I wasn't trying to ignore your argument. I was showing your argument was invalid by way of reflecting it back to you with the same premise. And it's not that I care that TolyK OMGUS's me, it's that it gives him a scapegoat way to fight back. You can always make up evidence against your aggressor by making them look lynchhappy or something stupid. It makes him slightly harder to read.

Well I never said it wasn't my job to get the scum lynched, I'm saying I'm still scumhunting. I've tried doing both in the past, it doesn't work well. To extend out your dogsled simile, I could lead the sled, but it's difficult to lead and get to know them at the same time. It's much easier to learn about the other dogs while they're doing what they do rather than just running. Granted, I've been spending a LOT of my time with one dog (you!), but that's fine. It's not like there's a lack of good lynch targets.

I can try convincing you all I want, but after a certain point it's not worth the time. I could convince half the rest of the town before you change your vote. Hell, the only reason I'm even trying now is mostly so I can figure you out. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out why you think Dariush is town. Not somewhat scummy, not even neutral, you've not said ONCE why you think he's town. You also say you're trying to convince me why I'm wrong, but not once have you even tried to justify why Dariush's behavior is lynch worthy.
I suppose it's mostly the argument with NUKE. It was such a stupid argument, that I felt only people that had no cares about what they were saying were saying it. Which is why I don't think either of them are scum, as the scum would probably be more careful than that. And, really, if you want to try convincing me, just do a small list of things Dariush has done. I still want TolyK gone, since I find him to be the most likely person to be scum at this point, which is why I don't wish to change my vote, but changing my vote to Dariush doesn't do much at this point anyway, since everyone is probably going to lynch NUKE, who I also think is town.

1. But the behavior is anti-town. Why would a townie perform anti-town behavior? This isn't even Dariush's meta, unless you can bring up a game where Dariush did this exact behavior. Being stupid in general doesn't count since this is new ground. You can try to infer what Dariush might do (in fact, if you can, please try), but it's not the same.
2. You've said that anti-town players should be lynched. I REMEMBER you saying that in old Paranormals. I'm trying to figure out why you think Dariush's behavior is town behavior. It's scummy behavior and you keep saying it's not. To be honest, you're confusing the fuck out of me.
3. Not really. TolyK is pretty scummy too. I just think refusing to answer questions is scummier than not asking any since the former is actively scummy while the latter is passive scumminess. This might shock you, but you have made a good case on TolyK. I just can't figure out why you think my case on Dariush is terribad.
4. So lynching people for doing scummy things is a policy lynch? Yes, I have a policy of lynching scummy people, but that's not what you're talking about, is it?
No, I would prefer townies that did things like talk and provide reasoning, but I feel like that's a big thing to stop just by lynching townies that are being scummy. It also would lose me a lot of games. And if there's no games of Dariush doing this behavior, then it counts against scum meta too. And what I say in old games doesn't mean much in newer games. And I don't think your case on Dariush is bad (though some parts are weak), I just don't think he's scummy. He's terribad. And I dunno why I wrote #4. I meant that I don't want to lynch people that I think are townies just because they do stupid things.

Also, ran out of time.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - The Cavern of the Emperor's Jewel [Day 1]
« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2011, 08:37:36 am »

Why would I disappear like that? If I was scum, that would be really, really stupid.
Oh hey, now you're doing asspully WIFOM.

Besides, it looks like your only example of my 'anti-town behaviour' is the fact that I intentionally didn't answer Nuke's post. I wanted to see his reaction and he caught the bait, and now you're vehemently defending him. It's my tactic, and I think that it worked. You're mindlessly chainsawing Nuke and urging everyone to lynch me for a pretty shitty reason, and THAT is anti-town behavior without any excuses whatsoever. Also,
I just want to point out that while I can't speak for you or Max, I've been doing a fairly good job of ignoring NUKE and spending all my time and energy on Webadict and a little bit for Dariush.
are you directly admitting to ignoring the scumbag that is Nuke? Yeah, by now you'd probably say it was sarcasm and that I'm scum. Not that you think I'm scum, or even that you're absofuckinglutely sufuckingre that I'm scum, but simply that I'm scum, like you've done so often before. And all because I intentionally didn't answer Nuke's WoT. If that isn't lynchhappiness, I don't know what is.

...Think. I see you posted in Witches' Coven. Care to join us, perhaps with a reason as to why you're posting there and not here as well? Are you purposefully avoiding the thread so you can glide along on a NUKE lynch?
Guy says he's busy, the guy is busy. You take his word for it, and move on.
Why did you feel the need to answer question directed to Think? Are you defending your scumbuddy? Or simply making footholds for your next tunneling on OB?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think has requested a replacement, you thick-

Ok, Dariush- you got me! I am so annoyed at your behaviour that I will admit it. I am scum! Totally scum. 100% scum. Congratulations!

Now, before I die, could you grant me one final request:

ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTIONS
Long Live United Forenia!

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So why are you voting him if that only distracts "people"( who exactly?) from scumhunting ? That sounds like you don't believe attacking him is good idea. Unless your vote and attack are not about scumhunting.
You misread those posts entirely. I said that he is distracting others from their hunting, and I am trying to remove him because that is incredibly anti-town. From here onward, all Max, Person, and I are posting is "NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE" and maybe a bit of defense here and there.
How is he distracting ? Because from what i understand it's making himself target for attacks. How nuke doing that is something bad if you in fact attack him ? Do you think that he have an interest in being lynched ? I'm confused what you see as scummy and what not in his behavior. And how focusing solely on him is not the same thing you accuse him of ?

Allow me:
This does not help in the slightness. Not only does this look like a form of buddying, but he is intercepting questions. You don't do that. If he was town, why wasn't he on the edge of he's seat to hear my reasoning and see if I made any mistakes? This is question tampering to buddy up to the people attacking him.
Nope. Being helpful is not a scumtell, that is ridiculous. Simple didn't ask for something I could fake, he asked for a reminder of things you had said earlier. That he didn't look them up himself is a sign he wasn't really that interested in it, but I am, and want him to be. So I quoted the answer for him. I described yours because there wasn't one quote which neatly described your entire argument.
And I don't buddy. And even if I did, why would I try to buddy you; you've been attacking me for all but the entire game, why would you stop now just because I saved you five minutes?
While i don't see this as inherently scummy , it discourages the questioned from rephrasing their cases which is sometimes very useful. However in this case it's good to hear both sides. What would baffle me would be a situation in which someone refuse to answer just because someone else done it before.

Simple: Would you agree with Nuke in he's assessment?
I agree with the part in which he says that i have no strong opinion on him. To be honest i liked nukes play up to the part when it get bit too emotional. He used rational arguments most of the time and he was pretty clear about his suspicions. The problem is that his play shouldn't much differ if he's scum and while i would rather ignore part of his argument with dariush he seemed strangely agitated at the start of it (with makes me think that while he was annoyed by the dariush accusations it was also the fact they were hitting the right target).In summary i'm not convinced that nukes crimes are worth lynching and i believe that his death will lead to chain-lynch on d2 despite of him flipping scum or town. (I'm of course not taking into account night events). As for why i even asked this question is that i didn't remember think's case and it's always better to hear it in his own words and you always seemed shifty in your opinions and i wanted to make sure it's not another of your short attention attacks.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp. This will be my last pre-bah post.

Screw you guys six ways to sunday; Dariush is being an ass and I ain't being half as scummy as you make me out to be. I am town, but I don't actually think you should chainlynch Dariush.
No, you should lynch Dariush for a million other reasons. You should lynch him even if I flip scum.

No hard feelings, really. Except for you, Dariush. Take a long look at your behaviour and ask yourself if you really want to carry on like that. Protip: you don't. And Orangebottle, you really are good, but I think you may have fallen for the OMGUSy part of your subconscious slightly, in that you really did tunnel me for little reason. Maybe.

People who are actually scum: maybe TolyK, yes, probably Think, yes. Maybe Dariush?

See you around, then.

~NUKE9.13

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should lynch him even if I flip scum.
Probably not the best thing to say to avoid lynches. Just so you know.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Vote Count:

Darvi: 
Think0028: 
Mr.Person: 
Orangebottle:
Dariush:  Mr.Person, NUKE9.13
NUKE9.13:  Orangebottle, Dariush, Think0028, Max White
Simple: 
Max White: 
Webadict: 
TolyK:  Webadict, Simple

Not Voting:  TolyK, Darvi

Day 1 will last until Friday 9/2 at 11 PM EST, ~90 minutes from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Thread locked for day-end processing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Vote Count:

Darvi: 
Think0028: 
Mr.Person: 
Orangebottle:
Dariush:  Mr.Person, NUKE9.13
NUKE9.13:  Orangebottle, Dariush, Think0028, Max White
Simple: 
Max White: 
Webadict: 
TolyK:  Webadict, Simple

Not Voting:  TolyK, Darvi

It is decided:  NUKE must die!  It must be him!

Lacking any better ideas, everyone grabs a few of the stones that are lying around, and begin throwing them at NUKE.  He does a poor job of blocking them, and a particularly large one cuts off his screaming.

Examining his body, you find no evidence of the Emperor’s Jewel- only a bag of spell components.  It appears this mage was innocent!

You head off to sleep.  Will your search tomorrow be fruitful?

Night 1 has begun!

Night 1 will last until 11 PM EST on Monday 9/5.  I will end it after no less than 24 hours if all actions are in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Nuclear Disarmament [Night 1] [Need Replacement]
« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2011, 08:44:18 pm »

As the morning comes, everyone gathers in the central chamber and starts eating breakfast.  Soon, everyone is here.  Looks like nobody perished in the night, but the Jewel is still missing.  The discussions soon begin again- will someone working against the group be found today?

Day 2 has started!

Day 2 will last until Thursday, 9/8 at 11 PM EST.

There are 6 items in the public pool.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - All Present and Accounted For [Day 2] [Need Replacement]
« Reply #235 on: September 05, 2011, 09:47:17 pm »

Well well well... What do we have here?

Oh, and TolyK, since he never got around to posting that opinion of his, and for lurking the day away before.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - All Present and Accounted For [Day 2] [Need Replacement]
« Reply #236 on: September 05, 2011, 10:14:29 pm »

What? Think was replacing? Since when?

TolyK:

Several situations:
 (note: [s ]=scum, [t]=town)
1. Orange[s ] Nuke [t] - possible, but unlikely IMO. means Orange is good at not slipping, while Nuke finds something suspicious and tries to pound his way in.
2. Orange [t] Nuke [s ] - possible. means Orange has nothing to fear and is doing his best, while Nuke is trying to force the tables around.
3. Orange [s ] Nuke [s ] - unlikely IMO, unless possibly Nuke is coordinating this fiasco through scumchat. Risky, but with the current events would make the other neigh invincible if one was lynched.
4. Orange [t] Nuke [t] - quite likely IMO. Two townies flamefighting, while scum is just waiting, or fueling the fight (who can fill the fueling role: Mr. Person, Dariush, Max White (to an extent).)

If 1 is right, then I have the impression Orange is getting help from an experienced player.
If 2 is right, I dunno about the situation.
If 3 is right, then... wow.
If 4 is right above, then most of us should be looking for the scum.
I love how you fail to take any sides whatsoever in the argument, and instead talk about
inactive people. Actually, no. No I don't love it. I hate it. Why are you doing it?

You also seem to be quite knowledgeable. How did you come to the conclusion that Nuke and I are/were town?
So, in this section, I conclude that we should be looking for the other scum
Yes, you should be hunting, TolyK. The active people who will actually respond, not the lurkers. The fact that you aren't really doing anything earns my suspicion.

Tolyk: Why didn't ya notice that BBF isn't playing anymore?
Mr. Face, meet Mr. Computer.
although I was mostly commenting his behaviour, maybe Simple will play that differently... :?

Spoiler: Mostly OOC (click to show/hide)
Why are you being so extremely passive? You posted analysis, but did nothing with it. Then you posted that. That shit. Shitposting. Stop it.

dammit.
i'm trying to read through this thread, but school started for me and...  :(
I have saved my post so far, it's not ready yet.
and no, i actually have an opinion there  :P
Webadict was able to post something semi-useful, even when pressed for time. Why can't you? School? I have school too, and I post far more often than you do.
I want to see this so-called post you have saved.

Darvi:
Your last post(here)
was ~72 hours ago(at the time I drafted this post). Where the hell are you and why aren't you being more active?

Dariush: What. The. Hell.

This post. It's absolutely terrible. You accuse NUKE of using ALLCAPS and call that a scumtell, and proceed to use ALLCAPS yourself. You also accuse him of hypocrisy in the same breath, which is more hypocrisy.

Then, you proceed to completely ignore NUKE's rebuttal asking you to explain why his case is bullshit, hoping he'd be too busy to catch you. And he was. Until you went back and boasted in his face about it. You continue to piss him off, then beg for him to vote you so you can add OMGUS to your retarded case against him.

This isn't Town play. It's not town play at all. You deliberately do something scummy in order to provoke him into 'OMGUS'ing you, just so you can add that to your case? It's not even an OMGUS. Any sane person would've begun voting for you at that point if they had been paying attention.

Okay. Time to poke the bear.
Wuba:How could you possibly support Dariush's ludicrous case on NUKE? Did you do it just to buddy Dariush, or is he actually your scumbuddy?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 05, 2011, 10:52:18 pm »

I'm a bit tempted to figure out why there was no mafiakill last night. I think we should claim what item we used last night.

Vote Dariush, by the way. Just... jeez, I almost don't want to just to piss off NUKE, but luckily unlike Dariush I care more about finding scum than pissing off NUKE.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 06, 2011, 12:36:17 am »

TolyK: Would you care to tell us now what you were going to say?
TolyK & Darvi: Any reason why you didn't suspect somebody yesterday, or at least not enough to vote for them?
Anybody: Any blocks or protects last night?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 06, 2011, 01:50:00 am »

I care more about finding scum than pissing off NUKE.
I'm flattered.
Also,
I'm dead now. Bah.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36