Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stupid luxury.  (Read 2158 times)

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid luxury.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:18 am »

a stack of 500 looks to be about 3000 db, not sure if that's all of them, or just one.
that's all. coins are worthless and stupid because they have not much value multiplier and no quality.

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 08:01:24 am »

Flatten out the entire surface level and pave it with candy.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 09:42:24 am »

a stack of 500 looks to be about 3000 db, not sure if that's all of them, or just one.
that's all. coins are worthless and stupid because they have not much value multiplier and no quality.

just as stupid and worthless as selecting only dwarves who love cheese as engravers?

yes, that is the kind of fortress i'm running. sure, i could make and maintain a perfectly efficiant fortress, but there's no fun in that! i have a trade depot made of platinum. i have gem windows made of rubies in the hospital. i have two miners with cotten candy pickaxes. SOLID GOLD DOORS.

there is no reason for any of this. except to make my dwarves really really really rich-looking.

geail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 10:56:17 am »

Once I find the cotton candy on my map, I'm planning on making my Depot from it.  I regularly flood my entrance, which contains the depot, with magma.  It is a beautiful siege breaker.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 11:30:39 am »

blue coins would be far too lightweight to be practical as currency.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 12:24:47 pm »

wrong, as, lightweight coins are good as you can carry more without the weight causing potential beard damage. i believe that all things are stored in the beard as there is never any mention of pockets. as such, heavy coins run a risk of causing damage by straining the beard hairs
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 12:38:57 pm »

Fat dwarves don't need pockets.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 01:22:14 pm »

New idea:
Make Adamantine bolts.
And only use them on Megabeasts, Forgotten Beasts, and Demons.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 02:06:26 pm »

after i candy coated my army, i built the rooms of my king and duchess, as well as most of their furniture, out of addy.  i also included mittens, socks, and coats of addy for my army.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 03:37:12 pm »

Don't think you can really get much more useless..
..Re-plate a volcano in Addy?
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 08:55:50 pm »

after i candy coated my army, i built the rooms of my king and duchess, as well as most of their furniture, out of addy.  i also included mittens, socks, and coats of addy for my army.

Hope you didn't forget the cotton candy floodgate giving them access to running water.  Helps them calm down after a round of heavy mandating

alesia

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:ANY_MAGMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 09:55:15 pm »

Cotton candy makes great levers when you have no microcline to color-code your flood control system.   ;D  Yes, that lever IS in fact worth 64k dwarfbucks... and it runs a waterwheel.  Yay.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 11:41:58 am »

Arm your military in all Adamantine! Make their towers out of it! Make an above-ground FORTRESS out of adamantine!!! Give everybody rooms fit for a King! (I mean that literally)

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 06:38:05 pm »

also, wouldn't these coins cut you pretty badly if you use them?

which is awesome.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 07:38:25 pm »

I once made a throne that rivaled artifacts.  Masterwork with platinum base materiel, encrusted with diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, and ruby.  I was planning on modding in a custom reaction to take it and apply metal spikes and bones to it as well but never got around to it.  Then the fort fell to a forgotten beast with deadly dust when I figured grime qualified as a 'loose' materiel.

I was planning on giving it to my baroness, she loved platinum, which I had plenty of, and also loved shields, and cabinets.  That baroness was totally deserving of it.

Also tangentially related my hospital is stocked with white dragon soap.  Very opulent, and it is probably a lot like one of those modern soaps that has those chemicals in it to make it pleasantly cool to the touch.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3