Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Stupid luxury.  (Read 2155 times)

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stupid luxury.
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:27:52 pm »

After i made 1000 cotton candy coins, i was wondering, what silly/useless high quality good/projects have you made for shits and giggles.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid luxury.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:17:17 pm »

IDIOT!!!!! Cotton Candy metal is for WEAPONS AND ARMOUR ONLY!!!!!!!!!! You FOOL!!!

Urist McHuman cancels Reply to Topic: Too angry at Masta Crouton

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 07:19:32 pm »

i am rolling in them. open your mind brah, without the cotton candy coins, we can't summon the eldritch invisible hand!

*ba-dum tssh*

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 07:21:18 pm »

I like making statues until I get one of a megabeast I just killed.
Then I engrave a memorial to it, and build both in front of my entrance.

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 07:24:06 pm »

i was wondering, what silly/useless high quality good/projects have you made for shits and giggles.
I thought that was the entire game?

I always have to have an aboveground tower of some sort. Always. The most actual purpose I've ever found for one was as a barracks, which of course can be easily replicated underground.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:28:57 pm »

Obvious answer is obvious.
Turn it into thread and make socks out of it.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:35:37 pm »

I hit the motherlode of precious metals on one of my fortresses, 50 dwarves each had a platinum cabinet table throne door armor rack weapon rack statue and chest all decorated with gold and silver as well as a bed decorated with gold and platinum silver and electrum. Each of the dining rooms had solid gold walls, floors, tables, and chairs with platinum statues all menacing with platinum and silver. All of the bridges were gold and all of the roads were platinum. We exported platinum silver and gold crafts and wares so much that I just cleaned out all of the caravans to have fewer of them. I built platinum cages decorated with silver and gold and filled them with exotic beasts for my dwarves to enjoy. My trash heap was made with platinum walls and gold floors and my graveyard was made of silver and platinum.

Well with the death of half my dwarves to combat a disasterous building project and a series of horrible accidents most of my fortress was dead or insane. I considered rebuilding but by now your tired of seeing platinum silver and gold and so was I which is why I flooded the entire first level and most of the surrounding area with magma and abandoned it. I imagine there are still stories of the forever burning city of mad Dwarves filed with unquantifiable and completely unreachable treasures.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 09:11:04 pm »

I once gave my favorite dwarf a few rooms made completely out of dragon soap.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 09:36:41 pm »

Because of my reaction modifications, I can now make my dwarves' houses, rooms, furniture, etc. entirely out of Gold, Platinum, and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 10:50:42 pm »

Obvious answer is obvious.
Turn it into thread and make socks out of it.

No, you fool!  Dwarves value their socks more than anything else!  They'd fight eachother to the death for just ONE cotton candy sock, let alone a matching pair.  There'd be a colossal tantrum spiral through the fort just for the mere mention of said socks.  All the way down to just two dwarves tugging on a single cotton candy sock between them in the middle of their dead friends and family, utterly oblivious to whatever current Fun was about (floods, sieges, FB's, titans, take your pick)

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 10:52:06 pm »

You're right..
..Those socks are WAY too useful. We're looking for USELESS items.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 02:08:41 am »

there can only be one upgrade in uselessness over your idea of minting adamantine coins. And it is ...insert drums here... gifting them to the elves!

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 06:05:50 am »

it makes perfect sense.

what if my new civ in sometime is in debt to another civ? very valuable coins make it easier to pay off larger debts!

<.<

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 06:14:32 am »

How much exactly is an adamantine coin worth? Could a pile of them be traded for a caravan full of masterful quality meals?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 07:51:24 am »

a stack of 500 looks to be about 3000 db, not sure if that's all of them, or just one.
Pages: [1] 2 3