Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211219 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 51: Climbing Desperately, Dodging Death.
« Reply #1785 on: July 12, 2012, 04:40:28 pm »

((But fly grubs are essential for feasting on rotting flesh!

(That's quite the defense for flies there. XD)
((Dude, it's the most awesome medical treatment there is. :P

"Oh shit, it's infected, now what?"
"Now we let maggots eat you alive. Just kidding! They only eat parts of you that are already dead. Honest!"))

((Isn't that what bacteria are for?))
((Among other things, yeah.

But, fly grubs are rather special for being so picky about it. And fast.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: July 12, 2012, 06:06:44 pm »

((Isn't that what bacteria are for?))
((Among other things, yeah.

But, fly grubs are rather special for being so picky about it. And fast.))

((As long as you get the right kind of maggot. Some of them like their meat dead first, some don't care. A condition called flystrike is a major problem for inexperienced people who are looking to get into any of the wool or hair breeds. The larvae infest the moist, warm, food rich area in between the dense (and usually matted) hair and the skin, and they go to town from there. I've heard about cases where the problem had gone unchecked for long enough that the larvae had penetrated into the abdominal cavity itself. Not pretty.

Or, in other words, not all flies are picky. Do not trust things that eat you to wait until you're dead, even if they do usually show you that courtesy.))

Ka surveyed the pile of dead bugs with a sense of pride in himself. There, his life was fixed. These tyrannical creatures that had been causing him so much trouble had been put to an end, justice had been served.
    Although justice did taste like icky bug, which kind of made serving justice silly. Honestly, if justice tasted like dead bug why would you ever bother serving it cold, hot, or tepid? Life was funny that way.

Now that all was well with world, Ka marched semi-steadily back to the door and roared at it. He was done here, icky bugs killed, the source of all evil in the world extinguished, etc, etc, someone get him a laurel.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: July 13, 2012, 12:27:24 am »

Noraiah strode near her Father and decided to ask him if he knew any human dwellings nearby in which people had nearly the same looks of the human she described - the one that brought her near this place.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: July 13, 2012, 07:43:44 am »

I have only one action in mind. Sorry if it is really simple and short.

Pop out as furiously as possible and then Nuzzle!
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: July 13, 2012, 10:57:30 am »

Well, Jaydenhal would start on the first chapter.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1790 on: July 13, 2012, 12:30:25 pm »

Kin took another look around the market. This was something that required some delicacy. He couldn't just walk to a stall and exchange a scale for food. He had to make it desired. A commodity of sorts. Looking at the stall he had in front him he tried his idea.

"Hi, I was looking around this market and stumbled upon this stall. It so happens that I am a bit hungry and would like to buy some food. My problem is that I don't have much of worth on me, except..." Kin tried to get closer without frighting the stall keeper and started whispering, "Except for some of my scales." He retracted his head. "I know, I know. Why would someone even want something like dragon scales. But I'll tell you, every type of scale has a use when ground to dust. For example my iridescent scales have a beautifying property (lie) when ground and digested. So... do we have an agreement? Some food from you for a few scales of mine?"

OOC: While I was typing this I imagined me creating a very powerful hoax which would begin a new era of dragon hunting. How fun that would be.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: July 13, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »

OOC: While I was typing this I imagined me creating a very powerful hoax which would begin a new era of dragon hunting. How fun that would be.

Let me guess, our horns are actually triple strength aphrodisiacs that whiten teeth, get rid of stubborn belly fat, turn a sandwich into a four course banquet, file taxes, and make excuses for embarrassing lipstick that doesn't belong to the wife?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1792 on: July 13, 2012, 01:04:58 pm »

All that except for filing taxes. Nothing help against that.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: July 15, 2012, 11:02:21 pm »

((argh, summer. Thankfully I now have a stable internet connection))

Cevitil hadn't expected his silly little name ploy to work. At all. He didn't know if it could work, even, but that would be something to figure out later. Not when he was being attacked by several mages and archers. Far away from safety.

Cevitil takes instinctive evasive action while flying as fast as he can away from the city, over all its walls and hopefully all of its angry townspeople.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: July 23, 2012, 12:18:35 am »

Bumpedy Bump
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: July 23, 2012, 01:00:53 am »

Hallo thar bumping person.

I plan for a release tonight, but no promises.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Sorry for taking so long, pure laziness due to lack of entertaining entertainment these last two weeks got to me. Which by no means does that mean that this RTD is the problem, because the RTD isn't the only thing I've been putting off.

In addition, I had nearly 2 days of no-computerness from traveling. Yay.

But fear not! For while this RTD is running at a snail's pace, it will not die this easily! *Triumph music*

Also, I arbitrarily decided to rebalance the breaths, so none are clearly better than others and so none rely on nearly nonexistent mechanics, and so resistances also have effects rather than just immunity. The reason for doing so is because I felt kinda upset in general with the breaths after I realized that the Sonic breath was broken. All breath cooldowns are reset as of these changes if any has been used previously. If you feel like your build has been significantly compromised for some reason due to the changes and are upset about it, you may change your breath if you edit your sheet that I've linked to from the front page. Finally, I have now added a new stat for breath cooldowns in your status.

In addition, with Caellath's suggestion, two more colors have been added: Graphite and Copper.

Anyway, back to the storything!

Action: Pick a small town at random from the outskirts of Albreac and fly toward it. Go into Human form before entering, and once done, try to enlist medical aid. Say I was attacked by bandits on the road, while trying to deliver something important to my ailing Father in Albreac. (which isn't too far from the truth). Go to some lengths to disguise my identity and name-perhaps 'willing' my Human form to look different, if possible.
((If I may make a friendly suggestion: Try to do actions in smaller sections. It's less fun for me to write everything at once.))

You fly towards a small town and look for medical aid. You try to will a different form of yourself, but you don't have any effect on your appearance. Anyway, you find an old woman and she offers to heal you, and when she asks what happened you tell her you were attacked by bandits on the way to Albreac.

[5]: You avoided bad/interesting things. Good times.

Anyway, the woman leads you to her house, then before you can react she blasts you with magic. [Woman Int:3+2] You feel immense pain, as... your wounds heal completely!

((Thought I was going to hurt you more? Trololololol))

+14 HP.

Merysta decided that she could... probably take down a large rat. She opened the attack with her breath weapon, expelling a loud scream at the rat as her mother had taught her to do.
You shout at the rat. [10 out of 3d4] The sound of your own voice deafens you as the rat flies at lethal speeds into the wall. It doesn't move after that.

Your throat feels sore now, and your ears ring. But the rat is dead at least.

Having gotten a decently long rest, Eridor decided he should probably try to figure out where his egg had originally been before actually going to sleep.

Climb the hill, for real this time.
Getting your ass off the ground like the god Tarran getting off his extra-dimensional bottom energy, you finally climb the hill, finding a cave. The depressed grass disappears at the edge of the cave. [Int:6]: The egg seems like it came from the cave, but from here, without a clear view, it could have also completely flown from right above and landed in the cave and then continued rolling.

"Hm... So, how hard is this... magic, business? What would becoming a proper mage require?"
"Becoming a okay apprentice would on average take weeks, but you shouldn't expect much from just your apprenticeship. To become a master takes tens of years on average. Which likely doesn't sound like much to you, but for us humans that's a major part of our lifespans.

Ka surveyed the pile of dead bugs with a sense of pride in himself. There, his life was fixed. These tyrannical creatures that had been causing him so much trouble had been put to an end, justice had been served.
    Although justice did taste like icky bug, which kind of made serving justice silly. Honestly, if justice tasted like dead bug why would you ever bother serving it cold, hot, or tepid? Life was funny that way.

Now that all was well with world, Ka marched semi-steadily back to the door and roared at it. He was done here, icky bugs killed, the source of all evil in the world extinguished, etc, etc, someone get him a laurel.
You roar at the door several times.

...After a few minutes, someone comes up to it and then the sound of cloth against stone comes to your ears. Suddenly, the bottom of the door is covered with a rag and sound can barely get in to and out of the room now based on how muffled the footsteps moving away are.

Hmm, looks like they aren't going to tolerate this sort of attitude.

Noraiah strode near her Father and decided to ask him if he knew any human dwellings nearby in which people had nearly the same looks of the human she described - the one that brought her near this place.
You ask father about humans that have the same looks.

Father tells you that pretty much every human male around this area looks like the man, though some have different beard and hair styles. He says that there are plenty of 'villages' and 'towns' nearby.

Pop out as furiously as possible and then Nuzzle!
You bonk your nose into that of the green creature, shocking it most likely as it recoils backwards.

It stares at you, with eyes not as scary as the creature in it's entirety appears. It reaches it's large hand forward to grab you...

Well, Jaydenhal would start on the first chapter.
((Page, not chapter. If you really do mean chapter, there are none in a way.))

You open up the first page.

Spoiler: First page (click to show/hide)

Kin took another look around the market. This was something that required some delicacy. He couldn't just walk to a stall and exchange a scale for food. He had to make it desired. A commodity of sorts. Looking at the stall he had in front him he tried his idea.

"Hi, I was looking around this market and stumbled upon this stall. It so happens that I am a bit hungry and would like to buy some food. My problem is that I don't have much of worth on me, except..." Kin tried to get closer without frighting the stall keeper and started whispering, "Except for some of my scales." He retracted his head. "I know, I know. Why would someone even want something like dragon scales. But I'll tell you, every type of scale has a use when ground to dust. For example my iridescent scales have a beautifying property (lie) when ground and digested. So... do we have an agreement? Some food from you for a few scales of mine?"
You ask the middle aged man in ragged clothes with a straw hat who mans the stall if you can sell your scales.

[Cha:4][Diff:6]: "No, even if you were telling the truth--which is in question already because I have never heard of scales being ground--I'm not the kind of person to have any interest in beautifying stuff, I'm just a farmer." He looks at you blankly.

Cevitil hadn't expected his silly little name ploy to work. At all. He didn't know if it could work, even, but that would be something to figure out later. Not when he was being attacked by several mages and archers. Far away from safety.

Cevitil takes instinctive evasive action while flying as fast as he can away from the city, over all its walls and hopefully all of its angry townspeople.
You fly away as fast as possible. You get away from all the guards and all but one mage: a young Steam mage, who reacts in a fast and deadly way, throwing a small but thick cloud of steam at you.

[Mage Int:5+1][Agi:3+2]: You swing to the side, trying to avoid the steam, but the condensed cloud of incredibly hot water follows you and hits you. [3 out of 2d3] The vapor burns your body beneath the scales and makes your scales uncomfortably hot even though they do not usually get hot easily. You scream, in terror of being boiled alive and in pain and beat a hasty retreat, flying out of the city, in constant pain from moving your slightly burnt body.

Also, you regenerate 1 HP.

-2 HP.

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Ka (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicholas1024: Eridor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zomara0292: Uapair (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:46:54 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((@Tarran: Sorry for the phone-in turn, but I've been on this particular quest for a LONG time. I'm wanting to see it finished already...))

Anthramarux poked her new soft spots, sore but healed. She folded her hands and nodded.

"Thank you, Revered Mother. I am surely in your debt...I may find occasion to repay you on my way back, but for now, might you tell me how far Albreac is from here, and if there is a coach available? I surely will not risk walking..."

She faked a shudder, as it afraid.

"In fact, I am afraid the bandits who waylaid me, may still be tracking me...they will not suffer a witness, I fear. I must stay hidden, and keep my identity secret.

...Can I find sanctuary in your home until I find transportation onward, Mother? I promise to be a good house-guest to you."
She asked hopefully.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Feeling very pleased with herself indeed, Merysta strolled right past the dead rat to continue exploring.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Noraiah nudged her father's side with her snout.

"Mother says many humans hate dragons. Why did one help me?"

Ask, then if received an answer, ask if I can personally visit a nearby town.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 136