Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211201 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 51: Climbing Desperately, Dodging Death.
« Reply #1770 on: July 10, 2012, 10:01:10 pm »

(If you don't mind genning up another set of three or so rooms I wouldn't mind exploring a bit more. I just thought I'd make it a bit easier on you to ease back into writing turns by giving you a easy action to respond to.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 11, 2012, 03:12:52 am »

I don't think I have many problems thinking up rooms, honestly. And if I am, I deserve to be punished.

And besides, that action irritates me more than it eases me by being an easy action.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 11, 2012, 03:16:33 am »

(All right then.)

Merysta flexed her claws, feeling very relaxed indeed, and strolled off to go see what other kinds of minor mischief she could get up to while unsupervised.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 11, 2012, 08:12:49 pm »

Holy whole hell helping hole that is big. Uapair runs around like a fool at the sight of the huge creature, eventually deciding to hide in the remains of his egg, peaking out to see if the Green giant saw him go there. If not, squeak again for your mother.
You run around and hide behind the remains of your egg, and peek out to see if the thing saw you.

Umm, it's right in your face with it's face and it's breathing down your neck, so you're pretty sure it saw you. Somehow, though, you aren't all that scared.

The height, the air, the clouds, the sun.

Oh the glory of it all!

Noraiah felt the breeze of the western winds pass below her, refreshing her as she soared above the meadow grass, her wings stretched out in full, taut and flexible against the air. She could see multiple copses of trees, rock formations and multiple animals in the distance.

For about two seconds.

Then the feeling of falling, face smack against the dirt and the taste of iron and loam soil. The taste of defeat...

"Must ask mother..."

As Noraiah headed back to the cave, she decided to ask her parents if they knew anything about humanoids in the current area, and on lessons on how to fly...
You ask your parents on whether there are humanoids in the area and on lessons to fly.

Your mother tells you that there are a couple villages of humans nearby, but they aren't very friendly towards dragons. She says this while staring in an annoyed way at father.

Father tells you that there aren't any 'lessons' on flying, it's instinctive. Every dragon learns how to fly by themselves. He also returns mother's stare with indifference.

Eridor yawned, being pretty tired out from that little adventure. It wasn't over just yet though... he should probably climb up the hill. Just a few more minutes... lying down. Then he'd get moving.

Climb the hill, but taking frequent rests whenever needed.
You start climbing the hill, and take frequent rests. Eventually, the rests get shorter and shorter until you sit down and stop in the middle of the hot sun. Laziness is getting the better of you.

Ka's tail had wounded him, his father had wounded him, LIFE ITSELF HAD WOUNDED HIM WITH ITS MERE PRESENCE! Crying piteously and limping on all four feet, Ka Dragged himself theatrically over to the door and went back to sobbing heart wrenchingly at the door. Nothing could be worse than this, his back hurt, his tail was cold, his teeth itched, the floor was hard, it was dark in here, there air smelled funny, there wasn't a breeze, his scales were getting dirty again, there were bug- Oh hey! Bugs!

Ka briefly forgot his nightmare of a life again as he attempted to see how many bugs he could fit in his mouth at one time.

Somewhere inside Ka, past the confines of his flesh and inside the glow of his draconic soul, a small and ancient part of his being began beating its head against the proverbial wall in frustration.
You grab a bunch of bugs and try and fit many in your mouth.

...They do not taste good. At all. Even though you have not bit down on any of them. You stop at the third bug you find and spit them out, gagging.

Jaydenhal sighed as he finished arranging the books for his parents. He was hoping for there to be any magic books, like the ones he heard in his father's stories, but there weren't any. 

Well, I might as well read one of these. Thought Jaydenhal, as he looked at the three books.  Magic in Short looks like one I should start in.

Jaydenhal would first read Magic in Short, and then follow that book with History of Magic in Iviand, and then Deadly Problems With Magic.
((No, you aren't. I'm not typing absurd amounts of text in one miniturn or turn. You read one at a time or don't read at all))

You open up Magic in Short...

Spoiler: First page (click to show/hide)

Merysta flexed her claws, feeling very relaxed indeed, and strolled off to go see what other kinds of minor mischief she could get up to while unsupervised.
You trot off to do silly things.

[1][2][2]: You find two empty rooms and holy crap what the hell there's a GIGANTIC RAT in another. It sees you.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 11, 2012, 08:24:01 pm »

Merysta decided that she could... probably take down a large rat. She opened the attack with her breath weapon, expelling a loud scream at the rat as her mother had taught her to do.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 12, 2012, 12:45:49 am »

Ka cried a little more at the injustice of life. Even the bugs hated him, and all he'd tried to do to them was eat them. It wasn't fair, not fair at all. Stupid bugs, everything was their fault. Ka wasn't exactly sure how that blame actually worked out, but he was filled with a deeply rooted certainty that everything wrong with his life could be blamed on the foul insects.
    Ka pounced around the room somewhat spitefully, gooshing every bug he found and putting it into a pile, taking care not to get any bug guts on his scales.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: July 12, 2012, 07:48:18 am »

Ka cried a little more at the injustice of life. Even the bugs hated him, and all he'd tried to do to them was eat them. It wasn't fair, not fair at all. Stupid bugs, everything was their fault.
((This made my day.  :P))

"Humanoids hate dragons?"

Noraiah approached Mother again, and began telling her tale about the strange human with that beard that helped her find this place, and on the first batch of humans that she found.

And then asked why humans hated those dragons.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 12, 2012, 02:24:13 pm »

Ka cried a little more at the injustice of life. Even the bugs hated him, and all he'd tried to do to them was eat them. It wasn't fair, not fair at all. Stupid bugs, everything was their fault. Ka wasn't exactly sure how that blame actually worked out, but he was filled with a deeply rooted certainty that everything wrong with his life could be blamed on the foul insects.
    Ka pounced around the room somewhat spitefully, gooshing every bug he found and putting it into a pile, taking care not to get any bug guts on his scales.

You begin murdering the bugs horribly. They do nothing and cannot do anything to oppose you. Eventually, you kill all the bugs in the room and put them in a pile.

...You look at the pile. You just committed mass murder of those helpless to resist you, and no longer do they move: You have taken their life from them. Your conscience stings a little.

...Right?

"Humanoids hate dragons?"

Noraiah approached Mother again, and began telling her tale about the strange human with that beard that helped her find this place, and on the first batch of humans that she found.

And then asked why humans hated those dragons.

You tell mother about the human that saved you and the others. She raises her eyebrows.

You then ask mother why the humans hate dragons. Mother tells you that, hundreds of years ago the people around here were in direct and violent confrontation with dragons and relations still have not repaired to this day.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: July 12, 2012, 03:44:08 pm »

You begin murdering the bugs horribly. They do nothing and cannot do anything to oppose you. Eventually, you kill all the bugs in the room and put them in a pile.

...You look at the pile. You just committed mass murder of those helpless to resist you, and no longer do they move: You have taken their life from them. Your conscience stings a little.

...Right?

((Flies deserve no mercy! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE! :P))

Having gotten a decently long rest, Eridor decided he should probably try to figure out where his egg had originally been before actually going to sleep.

Climb the hill, for real this time.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: July 12, 2012, 03:45:25 pm »

((Flies deserve no mercy! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE! :P))

(+1. Same goes to wasps and ants. >.>)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: July 12, 2012, 03:53:34 pm »

They're not flies, nor wasps, nor ants. Drag is underground and inside. They're some random kind of beetle, at least in my mind.

Plus, if it were flies, there's no way he could have gathered them so easily. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 12, 2012, 03:58:05 pm »

(I don't care what he killed, I'm just agreeing with the sentiment that flies are annoying worthless insects that need to be exterminated, as do wasps and ants.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: July 12, 2012, 04:33:34 pm »

((But fly grubs are essential for feasting on rotting flesh! And ants are awesome! And I don't want to piss wasps off!))

"Hm... So, how hard is this... magic, business? What would becoming a proper mage require?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 12, 2012, 04:34:35 pm »

((But fly grubs are essential for feasting on rotting flesh!

(That's quite the defense for flies there. XD)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 12, 2012, 04:37:02 pm »

((But fly grubs are essential for feasting on rotting flesh!

(That's quite the defense for flies there. XD)
((Isn't that what bacteria are for?))
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 136