Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211064 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

what could happen if i ate the crystal, theoretically?
VERY BAD THINGS.

Also, it's a little too big to be eaten whole.
Tarran's lying to you. He just doesn't want you to get all the power.
Fun fact: Irony's never eaten an unstable magical crystal in one of my games before.

I'm just saying.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

Getting the nope outta there, like 5 freacking seconds ago
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Merysta squeaked in shock and a slight bit of fear. She'd seen spiders before, of course. Small little fly-catchers that were beneath her notice. Seeing one that big was a fright! Especially considering how damn ugly it was. She decided it would be a good idea to turn around and maybe find somewhere else to explore... or failing that, retreating, shrieking in terror the whole time, back to her mother. Both seemed equally viable options.
You back off and continue exploring.

[4][1][3]: You find a room with a couple silver coins in a pile, a sealed off room with a large mushroom, and another blank room that is made out of fairly polished marble but is otherwise not noteworthy.

Knock on door.
You knock on the door.

An old man in a violet robe answers. "Yes, young one?"

((Fun fact, I had initially wrote violent instead of violet. Hehe, violent robes))

Hide behind any stalagmite and observe if the source of the roaring enters the cave. If not, see if I can see in the darkness of this cave by going deeper!
You hide behind a stalagmite and wait.

The source of the roaring enters the cave. It's HUGE! It... it looks... strangely familiar even though you've never seen it before. It stands on four feet, like you, has a tail, like you, and has an elongated neck, like you.

Anthramarux shrugs. It seemed she made one enemy, at least.

"I know enough now, sir. I need not bother you with questions.

I know I am caught in your games, and will play as well as a mortal can...

A mortal thanks you for the honor of your presence, my Lord of unending Pleasure."

She turned to Pahhosag.

"Lord of the Ever Shifting Hue, you still offer me aid?

I suppose, if you wish to spite the Lord of Murder on my behalf, I cannot deny you the pleasure..."
She remarked, as if relenting to something.

In truth, Anthramarux just wanted to get out of this place-and she was running out of fancy titles for the Gods.
The God of Chaos grabs a bag out of nowhere and pulls out 2 dices of 5s and 2 dices of 1s, grinning before disappearing.

"Well mortal, now that I have you to myself, I can tell you that I lied to Pahhosag. I will indeed 'help' you." You recoil slightly. Really? He's going to help you? Why?

"Don't tell anyone this... no really, don't tell anyone this, but I am a 'friend' of Tarran. Well, more of a 'business partner' than a friend... look, the point is, I don't totally want you to fail to help Tarran out, but I don't really want Grandar to get his scales back or my followers in Albreac will be put in severe danger." He says, walking closer to you each word. Man he is extremely seductive. No matter how hard you try, he radiates lust to you without even trying. He starts walking around you.

"So I'll both help you and hunt you. I'll give you a ring of invisibility that works quite well while you're still, but I'll send my succubi and incubi after you. My children cannot see the invisible, and neither can most demons, so as long as you're smart--and thus worthy of my support--you can stay alive for quite a while." He says, stopping in front of you.

"Oh, and you can stop thinking of titles for us. Magdost lacks the emotions to feel offended much, so one title is enough. Pahhosag is too... chaotic to care much, and honestly I don't really care much about the titles. I'm not much for respect and all that. It's nice, but as long as you aren't offending me I don't need the shower of respecting words. If I want something from somebody, it's usually their pleasure."

With that, he snaps his fingers. Lallos makes a parting comment as he blurs away. "Well mortal, I'd better let you get to it. I suggest when your soul returns to your body and you wake up you raise your head fast in case someone's planning on shooting you and be weary of absolutely anybody who tries to greet you when you wake up lest they have a dagger. Also, please, once you reach Grandar's temple and he protects you, dispose of my ring. Should you fall prey to Magdost even after protection, I'd rather not have him have evidence that I helped you."

You wake up. There's a ring on your right hand.

To the side of your tent, you see the figures of soldiers passing by mixed with a few non-soldiers. [Int:1+2]: You don't think there's anything wrong about that.

Looking around Kin saw nothing but white (or whichever color you did imagine it was) stone. He couldn't understand why these 'dwarfs' were digging it up. Sure it had a pretty glister but it wasn't anything like the precious material he had in his cave.

Kin flew down to the quarry, careful of not stepping on anyone and started scratching it. He was going to find out why they dug this up. Maybe there was precious material under it all.
You fly down into the quarry, and begin scratching the marble.

"HEY!" A man shouts. "Don't damage the marble! And what are you even doing down here?"

Also, they aren't all dwarves. The dwarves only make a third of the people manning the quarry.

Getting the nope outta there, like 5 freacking seconds ago
You run like hell.

The spirit does not pursue and the crystal does nothing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:52:39 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta walked into the room of polished marble and inspected herself in the floor. Who was that charming young dragoness, reflected in the shine of a perfect flooring? That's right, it was her! She strutted around vainly, posing this way and that to see what looked best, for a long time. Eventually, however, she got bored of the otherwise blank room and went to go find her mother. That sealed-up mushroom was intriguing, and she wanted to ask her what it was, what it did, and why it was sealed away. She also grabbed a handful of silver coins to take back to her miniature nest.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthrmarux growled quietly, flexing her claws-glad to be out of those chains.

But had she traded one pair for another, she thought? Looking down at the Ring of Invisibility...what was Lallos's true goal? And, how could she be sure he hadn't lied to her...the ring could easily be a trap all of it's own. The Chaos Gods were deceptive, no doubt. But, in any case-it was already on her hand.

She knew it was time to go. Though her sluggish senses told her to settle back into restful sleep, her heart told her that every delay increased the amount of foes between her and the Temple of Grandar...

Action: Sneak my way out of camp in Human form with the ring of invisibility-try to alert no one. If successful, travel toward Albreac, looking for a safe place to touch down outside of view of the wall sentries.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Noraiah keeps in place, looking around for anything of note, like if the fungi seem edible.

She just watches the thing from behind the stalagmite and wonders what it is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"I am told this is a place of mages. I have an interest in spellcraft. What is the common human manner of acquiring such ability?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Dad, can you tell me why in the 9 blazes you have wildlife, spirits and random crystals of magic in your cave?"
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Merysta walked into the room of polished marble and inspected herself in the floor. Who was that charming young dragoness, reflected in the shine of a perfect flooring? That's right, it was her! She strutted around vainly, posing this way and that to see what looked best, for a long time. Eventually, however, she got bored of the otherwise blank room and went to go find her mother. That sealed-up mushroom was intriguing, and she wanted to ask her what it was, what it did, and why it was sealed away. She also grabbed a handful of silver coins to take back to her miniature nest.
You leave the room and grab the few silver coins you can find before heading back to mother.

She's still where you left her. She's in human form reading a book, though she looks rather bored.

Anthrmarux growled quietly, flexing her claws-glad to be out of those chains.

But had she traded one pair for another, she thought? Looking down at the Ring of Invisibility...what was Lallos's true goal? And, how could she be sure he hadn't lied to her...the ring could easily be a trap all of it's own. The Chaos Gods were deceptive, no doubt. But, in any case-it was already on her hand.

She knew it was time to go. Though her sluggish senses told her to settle back into restful sleep, her heart told her that every delay increased the amount of foes between her and the Temple of Grandar...

Action: Sneak my way out of camp in Human form with the ring of invisibility-try to alert no one. If successful, travel toward Albreac, looking for a safe place to touch down outside of view of the wall sentries.
((I had assumed you slept in human form. Hence... the... tent. Whatever, doesn't matter))

You attempt to leave your tent in human form. [Agi:1-1][Unknown Agi:6+1] You're so sluggish that you not only fail to exit your tent in time before a figure blocks the entrance, but you fail to even put on your invisibility ring before the figure gets in. You did put on your human ring in time, though, for whatever good that will do you.

The figure is a cloaked man with a sharp steel dagger, coated with poison. He knows you're invisible.

...Hey, it wasn't a trap, you are in fact invisible and nothing bad is happening. That's not the most important problem right now, though: There's a guy who's going to try and kill you, and he's much faster than you. Man you need exercise.

Also, where you were once laying your head now has a dozen or so bolts or arrows around it embedded through the sheet and into the ground along with several sling bullets embedded deeply into the sheet and into the ground. Somebody's determined.

Noraiah keeps in place, looking around for anything of note, like if the fungi seem edible.

She just watches the thing from behind the stalagmite and wonders what it is.

You look around for anything of note. Well, there's fungus in a few places but otherwise the entrance is fairly boring.

Anyway, you look at the fungus. It could go either way. Some are too small to eat, some are large enough for nibbles. But you have no idea how poisonous they are from this distance.

The creature sighs and then lays on the ground, going to sleep.

"I am told this is a place of mages. I have an interest in spellcraft. What is the common human manner of acquiring such ability?"
"Hmm, you can either learn from a spellbook, or learn from watching others or by having them tutor you. I personally prefer the books, but you have to be careful with books, as your mind might give you a different image than what the casting really is like."

A younger man from behind shouts "Nao, who's there?"

Nao shouts back "Just a youngling wanting to learn magic."

The younger man shouts again "Temep needs help with the ring, he can't fit it on his hand."

Nao shouts back again "Just give me a minute, he has a very very long life ahead of him, he can afford to wait."

The younger man shouts back once more "Well, if he breaks something again with his carelessness, you're going to pay for it."

Nao turns to you "Sorry. Anyway, as I mentioned, you can either read from a book or watch another."

"Dad, can you tell me why in the 9 blazes you have wildlife, spirits and random crystals of magic in your cave?"
"I have what?"

Suddenly you forget about the subject entirely as if a divine hand erased your short-term memory.

((No, I am not going to think of an answer nor do I already have one. Sorry))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:40:40 pm by Tarran »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You have... wait... erm, nevermind ill just take a nap over there"  hope i feel better when i wake up
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Hey, Mom! I found some weird mushroom in the back. Come on, let's go see it!" Merysta said, attempting to get her mother to follow her back to it since she looked bored. She might also accidentally-on-purpose lead her to the giant spider first in the hopes that Gwairen can squash it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anthramarux stood very quiet-this wasn't too much different than the hiding game...though the stakes were a bit higher. 

Action: Slip off the Human form ring. Roar as loud as possible to distract the assassin from my movements (and wake up the rest of the camp), and then tear my way out of the tent, preferably through the roof-use my claws intelligently to slice a thin seam that I can burst through. Avoid getting in range of that knife.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You have... wait... erm, nevermind ill just take a nap over there"  hope i feel better when i wake up
Are you sure? I'll run all the poison turns at once. You could die in one turn.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Tarran: Maybe he's just impatient? :P

Ideally, I'd just want it over with in his position...unless there was some way I could save myself...like asking your Dad for help...or something...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Tarran: Maybe he's just impatient? :P
Could be. But it's awfully strange to be impatient when you're actively dying and you, you know, have a clear objective of not dying.

Ideally, I'd just want it over with in his position...unless there was some way I could save myself...like asking your Dad for help...or something...
Thing is, he hasn't even tried to save himself at all.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 136