Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211061 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

I am realy out of ideas tarran, Ramoth is worried and distraught and still a juvanile
I'll give you a few easy options:
You can (literally) wait for mother to get better.
You can explore your cave.
You can explore your cave for antivenom.
Or you can examine that goblet I keep mentioning.

Really, there's a lot of possibilities. These are just the ones in the cave.

Noraiah silently shakes her head, of course! She should've been more attentive to where the sound was coming from, the rush of emotions at being free was too much.

She still licks the humanoids beard and heads toward the cave.

'What can I do now...?'
You lick the humanoid's beard, and head towards the cave.

You arrive at the cave. Nobody appears to be around right now though. It's awfully quiet and dark, but somewhat comforting.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Explore that cave for anything that resembles sentience, creatures are not on the list of priorities.

Check if this place has any sign of eggs, or any sign of plant life.

Then cheer cutely.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Raikonai blinked in surprise at the armor stand. Greeting a dragon like any other was just a sign of a lack of fear, but receiving enough traffic to warrant displaying readymade armor...? Well, he supposed a dragon-heavy area was at least civilized.

Truth be told, though, he was now a bit worried. He began glancing around, trying not to look like he cared, but keeping an eye out for other dragons. He wasn't really sure how they would react, and while he had the utmost confidence (and pride) in his strength relative to humans, he'd never been in battle with a fellow dragon before.

Pondering these things, he decided there was only one real destination to start with: Mages.

Attempt to find mages guild of some sort. If necessary, ask nearby manlings about nearby spellcasters.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((@Tarran: Anthramarux doesn't actually believe in absolute good and evil, just order and chaos. She believes most beings have perfectly valid reasons for the things they do.

This was set up when she meant those Knights early in her life. They both invaded her cave, threatened her mother, and left in peace, sparing her. She couldn't make her mind up if they were good or bad afterward, so settled on a moral compromise.

Thus, insight into my Dragons mind. :P))

Anthramarux shrugged, smiling fearlessly. She hadn't expected that to work.

"Surely, you Lords cannot blame me for trying.

In any case, I am sorry to say I cannot accept."

She turned and spoke to each one of the Dark Gods in turn.

First, to Magdost. Images of wanton slaughter-burning corpses, bloody gibbets, the knife in the dark, ran through her mind... "...forgive me, Lord of the Final Death and Crow pecked eye, but, I've claimed the scales as penace for the blood shed against me by the bandits. They harmed me, and claiming the scales and destroying their band is a matter of personal revenge, as well as a professional one. Since I have claimed the scales in lieu of blood, I cannot reasonably accept your offer without forgiving my enemies, can I?

And, like you, that is something I will never do.

Also, if I have to kill a mortal, I'll do so myself. Tis far sweeter."

Then to Lallos. Dark visions of violent lovemaking flitted in her mind, but she banished them to one side-delving into her cold reptile nature, as best she could...at the same time, filing them away in some part of herself she didn't quite understand yet. "Lord of Sin and Luxuriant Depravity, a...true honor to make your acquaintance. Unfortunately, I must also regretfully decline your offer, tempting as it is.

Like you, I have mine own goals and pleasures to pursue. Many pleasures yet denied. When I take my first lover, he will be mine and mine only-earned through my own efforts, and none other. Not even yours, Lord."
She finished, jealously flaring in her soul. Yes...one day.

And finally, to Pahhosag...

"No more can I accept your gifts, the Great and Imcomprehensible Pahhosag. To accept an altering of fate on your behalf would be welcome, but too far above my mortal station.

As they say at the card tables, one must accept the dice thrown your way.

And in truth, not accepting your Godly offer is far more Chaotic thing to do, isn't it?"
She finished, quirking an eyebrow.

Anthramarux fell silent, waiting for their decree. She had disagreed, but done so with respect-and, given what she supposed were valid reasons for each. Then again, these beings followed Chaos-not law. So, their reactions were predictably going to be Chaotic. Which only proved her personal beliefs. Even Chaos, in the end, was...predictable.

Still, she whispered to herself..."Tarran God, if you're out there, your little Dragoness could use some help here..."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:11:57 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

I was pretty sure I HAD investigated the goblet, but durhur I had just asked mother about it

Ramoth will investigate the goblet
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta trotted into the middle of the empty room. Why was it here? Surely her mother could have found a use for a room this size! Maybe all of the books she had just lying around could be put in here. There were an awful lot that weren't on shelves or otherwise organized. Regardless of her musings, she wasn't going to stop exploring here... although she did stop to scrabble at the ground with her talons and try to scratch marks on it, so she'd know she came from this direction. Just in case. After a few seconds of that, she looked for an exit so she could continue on.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Explore that cave for anything that resembles sentience, creatures are not on the list of priorities.

Check if this place has any sign of eggs, or any sign of plant life.

Then cheer cutely.

You explore the cave for a bit. There is nobody around. There don't appear to be any eggs, and the only life appears to be fungi.

You cheer by squeaking slightly louder than you usually squeak.

You still hear distant roaring outside. It's getting closer, though.

Raikonai blinked in surprise at the armor stand. Greeting a dragon like any other was just a sign of a lack of fear, but receiving enough traffic to warrant displaying readymade armor...? Well, he supposed a dragon-heavy area was at least civilized.

Truth be told, though, he was now a bit worried. He began glancing around, trying not to look like he cared, but keeping an eye out for other dragons. He wasn't really sure how they would react, and while he had the utmost confidence (and pride) in his strength relative to humans, he'd never been in battle with a fellow dragon before.

Pondering these things, he decided there was only one real destination to start with: Mages.

Attempt to find mages guild of some sort. If necessary, ask nearby manlings about nearby spellcasters.
You look around for a mages guild. Initially, it's disorienting trying to find a way though the town due to the chaoticness of the layout and style, but you find your way though by asking for help every once and a while.

You arrive at a large building made out of cobbled stone. It certainly looks like a mages guild, that's for sure.

((@Tarran: Anthramarux doesn't actually believe in absolute good and evil, just order and chaos. She believes most beings have perfectly valid reasons for the things they do.

This was set up when she meant those Knights early in her life. They both invaded her cave, threatened her mother, and left in peace, sparing her. She couldn't make her mind up if they were good or bad afterward, so settled on a moral compromise.

Thus, insight into my Dragons mind. :P))

Anthramarux shrugged, smiling fearlessly. She hadn't expected that to work.

"Surely, you Lords cannot blame me for trying.

In any case, I am sorry to say I cannot accept."

She turned and spoke to each one of the Dark Gods in turn.

First, to Magdost. Images of wanton slaughter-burning corpses, bloody gibbets, the knife in the dark, ran through her mind... "...forgive me, Lord of the Final Death and Crow pecked eye, but, I've claimed the scales as penace for the blood shed against me by the bandits. They harmed me, and claiming the scales and destroying their band is a matter of personal revenge, as well as a professional one. Since I have claimed the scales in lieu of blood, I cannot reasonably accept your offer without forgiving my enemies, can I?

And, like you, that is something I will never do.

Also, if I have to kill a mortal, I'll do so myself. Tis far sweeter."

Then to Lallos. Dark visions of violent lovemaking flitted in her mind, but she banished them to one side-delving into her cold reptile nature, as best she could...at the same time, filing them away in some part of herself she didn't quite understand yet. "Lord of Sin and Luxuriant Depravity, a...true honor to make your acquaintance. Unfortunately, I must also regretfully decline your offer, tempting as it is.

Like you, I have mine own goals and pleasures to pursue. Many pleasures yet denied. When I take my first lover, he will be mine and mine only-earned through my own efforts, and none other. Not even yours, Lord."
She finished, jealously flaring in her soul. Yes...one day.

And finally, to Pahhosag...

"No more can I accept your gifts, the Great and Imcomprehensible Pahhosag. To accept an altering of fate on your behalf would be welcome, but too far above my mortal station.

As they say at the card tables, one must accept the dice thrown your way.

And in truth, not accepting your Godly offer is far more Chaotic thing to do, isn't it?"
She finished, quirking an eyebrow.

Anthramarux fell silent, waiting for their decree. She had disagreed, but done so with respect-and, given what she supposed were valid reasons for each. Then again, these beings followed Chaos-not law. So, their reactions were predictably going to be Chaotic. Which only proved her personal beliefs. Even Chaos, in the end, was...predictable.

Still, she whispered to herself..."Tarran God, if you're out there, your little Dragoness could use some help here..."
They are silent for a second, before Magdost stands up before walking up to you. He gets very close, and looks like he's about to hit you. But he decides not to for some reason, and instead walks off, disappearing and taking his part of the landscape with him.

"Well mortal, you sure are talkative. Oh well, I didn't expect the deal to work a whole lot. Shame."

"Oh Boy, this is going to be fun, seeing Magdost kick the crap out of you!"

Lallos looks at Pahhosag for a second, frowning. "Yes, I believe he's right. Magdost isn't one to let people go silently."

"Perhaps we should help her out a bit, just to iff him off!" You recoil slightly. What? He's thinking of helping you even though you refused him?

"Hmm, you can if you want to. I won't help her; Magdost is not one to anger."

He then looks at you. "Well mortal, are we done here, or do you want to ask questions or...?" He shrugs.

I was pretty sure I HAD investigated the goblet, but durhur I had just asked mother about it

Ramoth will investigate the goblet
You investigate the goblet.

It seems like a fairly average gold goblet. Nothing on the outside appears to be off.

There's still something strange about it, though. [Int:4] Your nose is slightly more runny than usual. Hmm...

Merysta trotted into the middle of the empty room. Why was it here? Surely her mother could have found a use for a room this size! Maybe all of the books she had just lying around could be put in here. There were an awful lot that weren't on shelves or otherwise organized. Regardless of her musings, she wasn't going to stop exploring here... although she did stop to scrabble at the ground with her talons and try to scratch marks on it, so she'd know she came from this direction. Just in case. After a few seconds of that, she looked for an exit so she could continue on.
You exit the room and continue on.

[2][2][1]: There's a giant blank room with a free giant spider.

Wait, what?

THERE'S A GIANT SPIDER IN YOUR CAVE. WHAT THE FUDGE. HOW COULD MOTHER LET THIS GUY IN HERE?

It looks directly at you. It's not actively aggressive, but you'd doubt it would just allow you to walk around in it's own claimed room without trouble.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta squeaked in shock and a slight bit of fear. She'd seen spiders before, of course. Small little fly-catchers that were beneath her notice. Seeing one that big was a fright! Especially considering how damn ugly it was. She decided it would be a good idea to turn around and maybe find somewhere else to explore... or failing that, retreating, shrieking in terror the whole time, back to her mother. Both seemed equally viable options.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Knock on door.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Hide behind any stalagmite and observe if the source of the roaring enters the cave. If not, see if I can see in the darkness of this cave by going deeper!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthramarux shrugs. It seemed she made one enemy, at least.

"I know enough now, sir. I need not bother you with questions.

I know I am caught in your games, and will play as well as a mortal can...

A mortal thanks you for the honor of your presence, my Lord of unending Pleasure."

She turned to Pahhosag.

"Lord of the Ever Shifting Hue, you still offer me aid?

I suppose, if you wish to spite the Lord of Murder on my behalf, I cannot deny you the pleasure..."
She remarked, as if relenting to something.

In truth, Anthramarux just wanted to get out of this place-and she was running out of fancy titles for the Gods.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Looking around Kin saw nothing but white (or whichever color you did imagine it was) stone. He couldn't understand why these 'dwarfs' were digging it up. Sure it had a pretty glister but it wasn't anything like the precious material he had in his cave.

Kin flew down to the quarry, careful of not stepping on anyone and started scratching it. He was going to find out why they dug this up. Maybe there was precious material under it all.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

2 things,

distance between me and spirit and the crystal

what could happen if i ate the crystal, theoretically?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

distance between me and spirit and the crystal
300 inches or so for the spirit, 500 or so for the crystal.

VERY BAD THINGS.

Also, it's a little too big to be eaten whole.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

VERY BAD THINGS.

Also, it's a little too big to be eaten whole.
Tarran's lying to you. He just doesn't want you to get all the power.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 136