Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211006 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Yeah, it is implied Kin will fly but I could change the action to explicitly state that he will fly. English is hard when it's your tertiary language and harder still when you don't know proper grammar and spelling.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

...Unless they pull every scale off your body, link them together, enchant them with magic, and put them back on.
If it's worth doing, it's worth requiring a full team of medical and preferably stasis mages on hand for.

...Or mutate your body with chaos magic (not a good idea).
Lies. That centaur body was very helpful to my carrying limit.

...Or you stick some sort of magical power source inside your body (also not a good idea) to power the cover if you choose to use the cover rather than the other two options I explained.
More lies. Liches are awesome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

... i take that as that there are no magical runes or similar that can be etched onto the scales... now wheres that blacksmith?
Actually, I believe it's perfectly fine for runes to be put on scales. The only problem is, you'd have to get one for each scale since they're separate things, which is in no way practical.

English is hard when it's your tertiary language and harder still when you don't know proper grammar and spelling.
Wait, what?

Huh, I didn't think it was your tertiary language. You seem to write quite well as far as I've noticed/as far as I remember. I only noticed it this time because you left something out, instead of doing something wrong.

Lies. That centaur body was very helpful to my carrying limit.
But it was very bad for your protection. ;)

More lies. Liches are awesome.
That's not quite what I meant. I didn't mean powering your body with magic. I simply meant sticking a magical power source inside your body, not becoming a Lich.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:00:10 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aleia whimpered silently. She tried to unstuck herself again, but she was too weak. Why had that creature trapped her? She had just came out of her home, and they put her in a net.. Aleia tried to put herself in a more comfortable position when her stomach growled. She was hungry... Maybe the evil creature had some food near the net?
You look around for food.

...Nope, no food around. Looks like you don't get freebies.

Anthramarux nodded.

"Indeed. We've done good work today-now, I can only hope my prize lay inside. Follow me, Sir Knight."

Before she Whomped off, the Dragoness called back to the captured bandits-mostly to the leader, though.

"Oh, and if you wanted to know the one who destroyed you...it's Anthramarux! Remember the name, bandit-manlings. I'll be coming for the rest of your kind soon enough..."

She led Gunstun to the probable treasure-building she had seen earlier. She waited a few moments-and a few pairs of soldiers went in and came out, having likely cleared the building of any stragglers. She noted each of their faces.

Then, Anthramarux shifted back into her Human form, walking forward.

"It should be in here. Come with me, my dear Gunstun. I'm looking for a pair of weighing scales, by the way. Apparently, they can weigh a persons evil deeds vs his good ones..."

Quick-Action: Wait till the building is cleared of potential stragglers and enter with Gunstun, looking for the scales.
"So, let me guess, Grandar made those scales?" Gunstun says as you enter.

You check several rooms and... there's a scale right on a table. A very, very generic copper one. There's a white and a black stone beside it.

Hmmm... this can't be the scale, can it? It's not even nearly as fancy as you'd imagine a godly object being, but...

"Hmm, could this be it?" Gunstun queries.

Nora examined the one that was holding her mouth shut. She was afraid. What ever did she do to deserve this? Who were these creatures?!

She could hear her own whimpering, but it didn't look like the thing heard her, with it's hand clamped firmly. Should she relent? She could hear her own thoughts wanting to fight back, but how did anything fight anyway?

So she decided to stay placid. Despite the threat around her, maybe the metal bars would protect her like her egg did?

Where was mother? Where was father?

She could feel tears welling up in her eyes.
The creature is tall, and in black cloth covering fur that is obviously not it's own. Metal plates also lie at random places above the fur.

Seemingly content that you are quiet, the creature turns around and promptly shouts at the others. They stop shouting, and start going around to the back of you, where two different kinds of creatures are waiting together.

Suddenly, one of the creatures runs back from watching further down the brown path you are on, shouting at the top of it's voice.

The creature in black cloth shouts at the other creatures, but they scatter in random directions running. The creature looks at you upset, peeking over his shoulder for a second, before throwing a piece of meat in your cage and running too.

Another creature on top of a creature like the ones behind you comes running down the path. The creature is in metal and fur armor. It has a blue shield and is wielding a simple, blunt wooden pole. The creature's face is covered by a metal helmet.

The creature rides past you, and chases down the creatures that kidnapped you for several minutes. It comes back, with none of the creatures. It stops by your cage, looking at you.

It grabs a metal object and does something to the box you are in. One part of the box opens up. You can leave now.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aleia would try to free her horn again, and observe what the creature with the horse was doing.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Noraiah just gazed at the furry creature with metal as it worked with her cage. She didn't know what to feel, it just came to her: fear, curiosity, hunger and hope. The piece of meat looked pretty good, and smelled mighty fine, but she decided to save it for later.

With a click, the box opened. She looked at her holder before taking two apprehensive steps forward. This one didn't look like her mother, or her father, she guessed.

She also decided to examine herself for that matter.

Where was home? Her unconsciousness didn't help as she couldn't make out her hatching environment. Nora let out a squeak, then clambered onto the creature that opened the cage, resting on a flat location on it's upper body. She didn't know if this one wanted anything from her, but it looked benevolent.

This one...didn't feel bad.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthramarux huffed, smiling wearily.

"Grandar? Oh, yes, that was his name. God of Justice and everything.

....What are the chances the bandits stole a similar set of scales that just happens to look like what I'm searching for? I wouldn't credit them with an overabundance of intelligence. This may just be a common scale, naturally. But why the stones..."

She took another look at it, maybe realizing the angle.

"Maybe it looks so plain...because, the Gods want you to test it to make sure it's real, I suppose. There's no harm in it anyway, not for me."

Anthramarux stepped past Gunstun (sliding her hand over his left shoulder as she did so) and approached the scales.

Action: She weighed both stones in her hands for a moment, then placed the white stone on the left plate, and the black stone on the right plate.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

wait, im swedish and had english lessons since... 2nd/1st grade? when did you come to sweden fello swede?  :)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Still off topic (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, what? Your main language is Swedish and your secondary is Chinese? What happened there? :P

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

Wait, what? Your main language is Swedish and your secondary is Chinese? What happened there? :P
well Kinesen in swedish kinda means "The chinese"... your parents from there by chance?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Off topic still (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might be gone for the entirety of tomorrow. Depending on my parents. Just thought you guys should know. If an RTD is waiting on me for whatever reason, tell them. And don't expect a miniturn tomorrow.

Also, a random reminder to everyone: If you don't have anything to do/you want to do, you can wait.

Aleia would try to free her horn again, and observe what the creature with the horse was doing.
[Agi:1]: You attempt to free your horn, but manage to get it caught in a massive knot involving your legs, arms, and tail. You'll never free it now.

The creature with the horse does nothing. The creature he is riding is moving forward now, dragging you with it on the wood boards.

Noraiah just gazed at the furry creature with metal as it worked with her cage. She didn't know what to feel, it just came to her: fear, curiosity, hunger and hope. The piece of meat looked pretty good, and smelled mighty fine, but she decided to save it for later.

With a click, the box opened. She looked at her holder before taking two apprehensive steps forward. This one didn't look like her mother, or her father, she guessed.

She also decided to examine herself for that matter.

Where was home? Her unconsciousness didn't help as she couldn't make out her hatching environment. Nora let out a squeak, then clambered onto the creature that opened the cage, resting on a flat location on it's upper body. She didn't know if this one wanted anything from her, but it looked benevolent.

This one...didn't feel bad.
You examine yourself... You are wildly different from everything you've seen so far. For one, you have a tail. You also have scales all over, and sharp toes. You can't see much more of yourself besides that.

You jump onto the creature's chest. It seems surprised for a few seconds.

It looks around at the mountains around. It stares for a few minutes, before sighing and taking off down the brown trail, in the opposite direction the cart you were on was.

Anthramarux huffed, smiling wearily.

"Grandar? Oh, yes, that was his name. God of Justice and everything.

....What are the chances the bandits stole a similar set of scales that just happens to look like what I'm searching for? I wouldn't credit them with an overabundance of intelligence. This may just be a common scale, naturally. But why the stones..."

She took another look at it, maybe realizing the angle.

"Maybe it looks so plain...because, the Gods want you to test it to make sure it's real, I suppose. There's no harm in it anyway, not for me."

Anthramarux stepped past Gunstun (sliding her hand over his left shoulder as she did so) and approached the scales.

Action: She weighed both stones in her hands for a moment, then placed the white stone on the left plate, and the black stone on the right plate.
You weight the stones. They are... pretty much perfectly the same weight.

You place them on the scales. To your amazement, they remain equal for three seconds before the white one promptly drops 9/20ths down to the ground while the black one rises 9/20ths to the top. According to the scale, you are 90% good, and 10% evil. You raise your eyebrows. While it you don't feel proud about it, you do feel... good?

"Hm, seems like you're nearly an angel of dragon kind." Gunstun smiles, shrugging. "Now, my turn."

He pulls the stones off, before putting them back on.

The white stone nearly hits the floor while the black one nearly reaches the top. 95% good. Now there's a saint.

"What, I'm not quite perfectly good? What did I do that... oh... right... Yeah that one night was a really naughty one..." He trails off.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Attempt to go upwards on the creature until a satisfyingly flat position can be secured.

Nora felt unsure about this one, but this one didn't react like the others did, or if it was affiliated with the others.

So she decides to examine the creature! All the way upwards.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:11:41 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 136