Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210942 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

could i (Theroetically) in the future maybe haggle with mages/dwarves to reinforce my scales claws or similar in any way shape or form?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Define what kind of "Reinforce" you mean.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Raikonai snorted slightly. Interesting.

Clearly they were either guardians of some sort or close enough. He wondered if they could be parleyed with; it probably couldn't hurt, if they weren't interested in advancing from their location.

"YOU THERE!" he bellowed. "What manner of beings are you?"

Cautiously approach within speaking distance of the shapes. Call out to them.
You shout at the beings, but they do not speak. You approach them, when suddenly they start slowly pulling out massive scythes from nothingness. You run backwards a little, but then notice they aren't chasing, and are in fact now putting the scythes away.

The Dragoness allowed herself a moment of chortling and petty glee. Foolish bandits! How dare they match wits with the great Anthramarux!

She circled down, and landed by Gunstun with a sizable thump and cloud of fine dust-a fashionable entrance, she believed, was necessary. She took in the moment to savor the bandits reactions-aside from the ones who had dulled their wits with some drug to mayhaps fashion themselves a less painful death. Most of them seem shocked-which wasn't surprising. No one ever expects justice to come for them. Many more were angry, ready to toss themselves on a pike rather than surrender. There was a good number who seemed to have given up hope, and were just waiting for the order to cast down their blades. The look she must enjoyed, and probably not as many as she had liked, was the general hatred toward the cigar smoking leader-who had led them on the suicidal path of defying her.

In truth, she was surprised they had not moved the camp. Logical discourse assumed one relocated their habitation if it was proven tactically unsound. They had apparently...just decided to stay.

Anthramarux motioned to the Bandit Leader. He didn't seem so cocky now...still, the Dragoness restrained her usual haughty tone-thought this was extremely difficult. She wanted the Bandit Leader dead, by her own claws (Failing that, watching his hanging would be educational). She would gladly go through the entire bandit horde to do so, but also knew that would cost lives of Isrand soldiers. Insofar as Anthramarux the Dragoness had a conscience (she really didn't), she knew that it would reflect poorly on her to the General if she earned more death than was needed. Thus, her tone was...courteous, and restrained. Sometimes quiet menace worked as well.

She growled, turning to the bandits.

"I present Honored Knight of the realm Gunstun, second-in-command of the knights of Albreac, and second-in-command of the Swordsborn, sovereign defender of our Land and High Commander of the Third Battalion. Isrand Rise!" She boomed, announcing Gunstun better than any banner bearer ever could have.

"Hmm. He will provide the terms of your surrender. I suggest you take them, manlings.." She finished, showing her teeth. Then, Anthramarux inclined her head to Gunstun, in a show of respect.
Pretty much everyone looks at you after booming out like that. An awkward silence follows. The bandit leader stares at you with a stare that looks as if he was literally trying to kill you by looking at you really hard. So far he's making no progress, but that stare... not exactly something you can easily smile when you think about it. Well, you do still smile at the thought of the stare, but not even nearly as much as you usually do.

Gunstun fakes a few coughs. "Uh, thank you Anthramarux." He says in a low voice. The bandit leader's death stare breaks, and instead he death stares Gunstun. Gunstun pauses for a second, seemingly locking eyes for a split second. Gunstun coughs again.

"I'll start this off nice and simple: All of you can throw down your weapons and give up, and unless you've been convicted with murder, chances are you'll get away with only half your life spent in prison... or you can fight, and you won't have any of your life, and some others may unnecessarily die."

[Gun Cha:4+1][Diff:4]: The bandit leader looks at Gunstun, in defeat... then stares at you. In that moment, you see extreme rage in his eyes. Anyone standing in the way of his stare and you would likely be (not) vaporized. If you were not a dragon, you would fear for your life. Ho ho, good thing you are one, huh?

The bandit leader takes his weapon out, and throws it down on the ground. His men do the same, throwing all their weapons on the ground and marching to the nearest Israndi soldier. The soldiers put their weapons away then nonchalantly tie up the bandits--they seem slightly upset that they marched all this way for no excitement, but are mostly indifferent.

Gunstun turns to you. "Well, that was really easy. I guess Villius was right on more men making it easier to convince them to surrender. You can get... um, whatever you were looking for. I forgot. Something about some divine being?"

Peace,

Tranquility,

Solitude,

Serenity.

Noraiah was in the midst of all these, tucked within her shell, listening with blissful joy to the sounds that came around her. As her head popped up from her egg, she felt pain. Her first thoughts were muddled with fear and confusion. How did this happen?

As her eyelids opened, she was still afraid. Who were these creatures, what was with their harsh noise-holes? Why couldn't they sing the song of peace that so pervaded her life until now?

She stretched her muscles as she tried to make sense of what was around her.

Then, she screeches once more, at the beings.

Where was her mother? Where was her father?
You screech once more, before one off the creatures firmly forces your mouth shut with his hand.

You can tell that was a serious warning. Possibly your only one.

Merysta woke up some hours later with a cute yawn... but there was no one around to see it. Gwairen was probably still in the library. She sighed and made a slight depression in a mound of coins to rest her red jasper in so it wouldn't get lost a second time. Next, she decided to explore... but she had already seen most of the cave. Perhaps there was something interesting outside of it. Merysta trotted out to find the entrance and take a look at the outside world, although she wasn't going to set talon outside just yet.
You stare out of your cave.

The top half of the world is light blue. The other half is a various assortments of green, brown, blue, gray, and white. There are also strange things that have a brown cylinder bottom and a green triangle top. Plenty of other strange short green things with no normalized shapes dot the ground around you.

There are strange high pitch tweets all around.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Define what kind of "Reinforce" you mean.
help not misplacing my poor poor blood, hindering damage
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those are still both very vague things that barely narrowed down the possibilities.

How do you want them to reinforce your scales is what I'm trying to ask. Magic? Armor? Some sort of weird mutation? Something else?

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aleia whimpered silently. She tried to unstuck herself again, but she was too weak. Why had that creature trapped her? She had just came out of her home, and they put her in a net.. Aleia tried to put herself in a more comfortable position when her stomach growled. She was hungry... Maybe the evil creature had some food near the net?
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthramarux nodded.

"Indeed. We've done good work today-now, I can only hope my prize lay inside. Follow me, Sir Knight."

Before she Whomped off, the Dragoness called back to the captured bandits-mostly to the leader, though.

"Oh, and if you wanted to know the one who destroyed you...it's Anthramarux! Remember the name, bandit-manlings. I'll be coming for the rest of your kind soon enough..."

She led Gunstun to the probable treasure-building she had seen earlier. She waited a few moments-and a few pairs of soldiers went in and came out, having likely cleared the building of any stragglers. She noted each of their faces.

Then, Anthramarux shifted back into her Human form, walking forward.

"It should be in here. Come with me, my dear Gunstun. I'm looking for a pair of weighing scales, by the way. Apparently, they can weigh a persons evil deeds vs his good ones..."

Quick-Action: Wait till the building is cleared of potential stragglers and enter with Gunstun, looking for the scales.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Nora examined the one that was holding her mouth shut. She was afraid. What ever did she do to deserve this? Who were these creatures?!

She could hear her own whimpering, but it didn't look like the thing heard her, with it's hand clamped firmly. Should she relent? She could hear her own thoughts wanting to fight back, but how did anything fight anyway?

So she decided to stay placid. Despite the threat around her, maybe the metal bars would protect her like her egg did?

Where was mother? Where was father?

She could feel tears welling up in her eyes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Manlings, hehehe. I like that word. Raikonai should totally start using it. :P))

Raikonai snorted again. It was a common mannerism for him.

"So, true guardians after all," he muttered, turning around. No speech, only warding. Bah.

So now he needed something else to do. Something that could advance his cause, in this place where the closest human settlement was a pile of maggots and the only company nearby were silent wraiths.

"BAH!" he said out loud. There was no avoiding it; he'd need to travel, and travel far.

Head a tile west. Search for any intelligent life, preferably settlements.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

((@IO: That's Anthramarux's  word for 'children', or when she's speaking down on Humans in general. :P))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Kin woke up feeling much better except for the fact that he still could feel some flaky mud he had missed. Shaking it away the best he could he tested his wings again. "Ah, much better", he thought. Preparing to take off he remembered something important. He had not really kept track on how far he had veered of his intended flight. Oh well, he would figure it out somehow.

Taking in the sight from the air was so much better. Kin could see so much more and was no longer being pulled down by sticky and stinky swamp. Straining his eyes he caught some kind of settlement to what he gathered was northwest and being as lost as he was already there was no loss in trying that way. "To northwest!" he shouted as he flew in that direction.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:17:26 pm by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... Kin... your character's just shouting "To northwest" to the heavens without actually taking off, seemingly hoping that a god or two will listen or something?

I understand you want to go northwest, I just had to point out that nowhere in your bold did you mention actually flying anywhere. It's like someone shouting "To the mall!" then standing in place. :P

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those are still both very vague things that barely narrowed down the possibilities.

How do you want them to reinforce your scales is what I'm trying to ask. Magic? Armor? Some sort of weird mutation? Something else?
magic, i dont think i will get armour unless i enlist in some army  :P
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're going to harden your scales with magic, at best it will just be temporary cover over your scales, not an actual hardening.

...Unless they pull every scale off your body, link them together, enchant them with magic, and put them back on.

...Or mutate your body with chaos magic (not a good idea).

...Or you stick some sort of magical power source inside your body (also not a good idea) to power the cover if you choose to use the cover rather than the other two options I explained.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... i take that as that there are no magical runes or similar that can be etched onto the scales... now wheres that blacksmith?
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 136