Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210912 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 44: Of Rifts, Swamps, Snakes, and Sucky Healers.
« Reply #1455 on: April 22, 2012, 04:36:04 am »

I knew I was not going to find any tarran, but the little dragon is an impulsive creature,

Does Ramoth know about her breath yet?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 22, 2012, 04:51:35 am »

You decide. You had multiple years skipped when you became a child, so you can go either way without trouble. And I personally don't really care either way.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 22, 2012, 06:37:17 am »

Ramoth decides to attempt to heal her mother with her breath, she only just thought of it as she has not yet had much practice
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 22, 2012, 08:33:41 pm »

Aleia looked around her, confused about there being so much light. This outside world was strange. Eventually, the tall creature caught her attention. She looked at it.
Look around, look at creature and make some sort of purr-ey noise.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:13:42 pm by Lord Allagon »
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 22, 2012, 08:53:55 pm »

What, you don't consider reaching to pet you "something"?

Also, good god so many actions for the miniturn.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:23 pm »

Oh, sorry. Edited.
Freaks.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1461 on: April 23, 2012, 06:28:22 am »

Kin tested his wings. Nope, still tired. And more swamp than he ever wanted to see. The slouching sound that was made nearly every time he took a step did not help. Neither the fact that he started to feel sore of all the trekking. "Maybe this was a bad idea af-" and then one of his paws got stuck in swamp again. Frustrated he pulled with more strength than intended and while he did free his paw the momentum kept him going. "Sploooooorp..." Lying on his back in a bed made of swamp he Sonic roared once towards the heaven. "WHY!!!"

Pulling himself together he went for the sea and then started to splash himself clean.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 23, 2012, 03:32:25 pm »

Now that Jaydenhal thought about it, he hadn't really left the cave and gone exploring very much. Well, why not remedy that? Jaydenhal began walking to the cave entrance, intent on discovering what he could around the surrounding area.

Exit the cave, explore the area around the cave, and memorize it. While doing this, search for anything that might peak my interest.
[4]: You search a small area around your cave, and find a large shiny rock further up the hill. It is nearly as large as you.

You memorize the uninteresting other details about the stuff around your cave.

Anthramarux shifted her weight, eyeing him casually. Smart man. Good looking man. Flush of satisfaction. She suppressed the sudden, irrational urge to lean forward and sink her teeth into his neck, though she did licks her lips a bit. Mmm...

Ahem, but, down to business.

"Yes, I did.

Those arrows you pulled out of me were shot by a large group of bandits, some ways away from here. I'd like you and your mens help in clearing them out.

They a were sizable band, almost 40 of them give or take-and they had constructed a sort of base, that seemed permanent enough. Which means, they're a certain threat to *our* country. That's the reason we need to destroy them...

Personally, I've been contracted by a higher power to retrieve a certain item from the bandits horde. In the end, this is a mission that suits us both. What do you think, Sir Gunstun?"

"40 Bandits and a higher power? Really? Well, I do suppose I can help, assuming general Villius gives me my permission. He is my leader, after all, and not running this by him would likely annoy or anger him. He's a good man, and doesn't deserve to be annoyed. Or angered."

Merysta noticed Gwairen moving away and happily trotted after her, bone in mouth. Maybe her mother would lead her somewhere with more interesting stuff to play with! Even as a baby dragon, she felt an instinct for riches... perhaps Gwairen was heading to the main part of the hoard? Intrigued and happy to be at her mother's side, she watched Gwairen as she followed along.
You follow mother, bone in mouth, silent enough that mother doesn't notice.

Suddenly, mother puts on a ring and disappears. In her place, a humanoid in clothes. She continues on, into a room filled with rolls and blocks of thin white stuff.

Ramoth decides to attempt to heal her mother with her breath, she only just thought of it as she has not yet had much practice
You rush back to mother and breath your breath on her.

She looks healthy for a moment... before she starts looking ill again. [Int:5] She's ill, not hurt. Your breath cannot cure poisons or sicknesses. It can heal the damage it caused, but it cannot heal the sickness.

Aleia looked around her, confused about there being so much light. This outside world was strange. Eventually, the tall creature caught her attention. She looked at it.
Look around, look at creature and make some sort of purr-ey noise.
You look around. You cannot tell much from the blinding light and your lack of experience with the world. The only thing you can figure out that is noticeable is the brown path that heads in two directions off into the distance that your egg is lodged in.

You make a pleasurable noise as the humanoid pets you. It looks left and then to the right, before walking off down the brown path, seemingly urging you to follow.

Kin tested his wings. Nope, still tired. And more swamp than he ever wanted to see. The slouching sound that was made nearly every time he took a step did not help. Neither the fact that he started to feel sore of all the trekking. "Maybe this was a bad idea af-" and then one of his paws got stuck in swamp again. Frustrated he pulled with more strength than intended and while he did free his paw the momentum kept him going. "Sploooooorp..." Lying on his back in a bed made of swamp he Sonic roared once towards the heaven. "WHY!!!"

Pulling himself together he went for the sea and then started to splash himself clean.
You hear distinct, restrained chuckling directly above you, in the sky, very very far up.

You go to the lake, walking on the soggy soil. You attempt to clean yourself.

You try too hard and slip face first into the water and into the soggy soil beneath.

The sound of laughter can be heard from both above and beneath you. Very distant and quiet, but you can still hear it. The gods are getting a good laugh at your ineptitude.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 23, 2012, 03:54:47 pm »

Anthramarux was inclined to agree.

"Yes, one should pay subservience to his or her superiors. I would not ask you to go against the law or your morals, good Sir Gunstun." she said, politely, but evenly. She had been raised to generally believe one should be respectful to higher authorities-assuming, of course, they were worthy of respect. And, strong enough to keep it in the face of challenge. Even Dragons, her mother had said, had a duty to the lands they lived in to follow the letter of law set by it's inhabitants...to the extent you could apply laws to Dragons, anyway.

Anthramarux folded her hands, and shifted her weight again, feeling everything settle into new positions. She enjoyed doing that.

"Well. Shall we speak to him together, then?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 23, 2012, 04:37:56 pm »

Merysta blinked in confusion. Her eyes were telling her that her mother had disappeared, while her nose was saying she was still here. She approached the humanoid from behind and nuzzled her, then dropped the bone at her feet and nudged it toward her. She could probably do with something to chew on herself. Then she quite suddenly sprinted for one of the blocks of white stuff and pounced on it. The paper on top slid, taking her with it, and she ended up buried in a small pile of it. The newborn poked her head out cutely to see how Gwairen would react to this particular brand of ineptitude and silliness from her daughter.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 23, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »

Aleia followed the creature, looking for anything that could interest her as she went.
Freaks.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 23, 2012, 06:19:58 pm »

"OK mum, just rest perhaps that will help" Try to find some food for mum

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 24, 2012, 04:27:54 pm »

I'm gunna drop out of this >.> I keep forgetting to post a turn, and I have really, no involvement anyways. So yeah, may as well let someone else get a go. Was fun while it lasted though, Tarran ^^
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 24, 2012, 04:36:33 pm »

Okay, see you around. Maybe. Likely not. Probably never. Almost never. An inch from never. One centimeter from never. One milimeter from never.

I kid. I'll likely definitely see you around. Sometime distantly in the future. Though no offense (really), but I hope to never see your forgetfulness ever again. I'm perfectly fine with seeing you again, but your forgetfulness...

Tiruin is up for the draconic grinder.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:41:50 pm by Tarran »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 24, 2012, 06:13:57 pm »

Anthramarux was inclined to agree.

"Yes, one should pay subservience to his or her superiors. I would not ask you to go against the law or your morals, good Sir Gunstun." she said, politely, but evenly. She had been raised to generally believe one should be respectful to higher authorities-assuming, of course, they were worthy of respect. And, strong enough to keep it in the face of challenge. Even Dragons, her mother had said, had a duty to the lands they lived in to follow the letter of law set by it's inhabitants...to the extent you could apply laws to Dragons, anyway.

Anthramarux folded her hands, and shifted her weight again, feeling everything settle into new positions. She enjoyed doing that.

"Well. Shall we speak to him together, then?"
"Yes, I suppose we should. You are the one giving us this information, after all. Just don't expect him to know that you're a dragon if you stay a human. Let's go."

He promptly swings past you and opens the door in a not-too-serious fashion, walking to a large building in the camp.

In unrelated news (no, really, it's completely unrelated), twelve humans seem to be in a running competition. They all nearly smack into Gunstun as he calmly walks by the race track that he did not notice. You are somewhat impressed with the sheer speed the humans ran at.

Merysta blinked in confusion. Her eyes were telling her that her mother had disappeared, while her nose was saying she was still here. She approached the humanoid from behind and nuzzled her, then dropped the bone at her feet and nudged it toward her. She could probably do with something to chew on herself. Then she quite suddenly sprinted for one of the blocks of white stuff and pounced on it. The paper on top slid, taking her with it, and she ended up buried in a small pile of it. The newborn poked her head out cutely to see how Gwairen would react to this particular brand of ineptitude and silliness from her daughter.
"Agh! Merysta! It takes time to organize those books! And those books are important!" She shouts unhappily, quickly pulling the books off of you and putting them back in a pile, seemingly arranging them in a specific way. She gently pushes you away from the books, and seems completely distracted by the books at the current moment.

Aleia followed the creature, looking for anything that could interest her as she went.
You follow the man. You do not find anything that interests you because that is a very vague request and I have no idea what interests you.

Suddenly, another creature like the creature you are following rides towards you from the front on a different creature. The creature you were following blocks you off from the new one.

They begin shouting at another.

"OK mum, just rest perhaps that will help" Try to find some food for mum
[Int:3]: Okay, mother has always had rooms where she's stored food. You're pretty sure you've seen her go into those rooms many times. Now... where were they again? Argh, you can't remember.

You eventually stumble upon one. All it has is a few loafs of bread, which gives dragons indigestion.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:15:40 pm by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 136