Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210532 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 33: Chasing a man, Serving gods, Polymorph Drake.
« Reply #900 on: January 25, 2012, 03:55:55 pm »

It's only 5 turns. You'll live. 10 players did before.

And your only limits are your size and lack of language. If you're bored, you can always try inspecting the cave. Seriously, that's the best thing pre-teens should do if they don't already have some sort of quest line.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 25, 2012, 04:00:51 pm »

Nuvian spat on the ground, singing it. "'Dark servant'... I just wanted to be powerful. But doing tasks for gods is harder work than it should be! I won't prove to Salar that I'm helpless... I'll solve this without her help. She'll be baffled!"

Go a little farther south, but stay on the ground. Keep a watchful eye for hints of the necromancer.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 25, 2012, 04:07:58 pm »

@Haika: Do something dangerous, why don't you-fall in a crack, put on a cursed amulet, get your mother killed by Humans and get killed by your sister and sent to Hell...

-------------------------------------

"Well, everything, naturally. I also suppose you can ask questions of me. Anyway, lets walk and talk-you were surely heading somewhere, and I wouldn't want to keep you waiting. Humans can be so impatient!

Let's start with who you are, Sir Arillis, and what calling you have answered. You seem a rough sort of hum...person. Are you perhaps a warrior, or adventurer of some sort?"

Anthramarux prepared to follow Arillis.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 25, 2012, 04:17:43 pm »

Arillis refuses to move.

He also seems very suspicious of your use of the word 'Human' considering you are one at the current moment. Regardless, he answers your question.

"People call me many things. 'Item Finder', 'Problem Solver', stuff of the sort." He says in a strange way. "I hail from Kalamer, what about you? Where do you come from and what do you do?" [Int:1+2]: He is trying something, but you have no idea what. You feel that you might be hitting the limits of his suspicion, not just from how you say things, but what you ask of him. He's very guarded.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 25, 2012, 04:47:13 pm »

Anthramarux tapped her chin. Kalamer was the capital of Isrand, she remembered. She could probably trust him-Dragons had good reputations here, as well as Dragons could anyway.

Oh, to the Nine-Hells with it. She would have time to learn duplicity later. She spoke as completely honestly as she could. She had done nothing to earn his distrust, and it stung her Draconic pride to see him so suspicious, even if she could not blame for being that way.

"Well...I live in Isrand-not any specific city-and have my entire life.

Also, do? I sort of collect things...hunt...eat...explore. I don't really have a job, specifically.

Here, this is the tough part, prepare yourself-I am not a Human. Not at all, unless in a metaphorical sense I am, at this moment. Though I do so love this body, very smooth and fashionable.

I am in fact, a young Dragoness-I'm sort of here in magical guise of a Human, you see. Quite dramatic, don't you think? You'd be surprised how difficult conversation with Humans is when they think I will eat them-not that I would ever do that, no, never.

Please, don't be alarmed sir, I really am only curious about, everything really. Especially you. I apologize for technically misleading you, if that helps."

Anthramarux watched him closely, studying his emotional and physical reaction.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Very well mortal. The men are to the northeast,
No, I'm pretty sure it's the right location... but we both may have it wrong.

If that's the case, point me in the right direction, if you would.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 25, 2012, 07:11:55 pm »

Anthramarux tapped her chin. Kalamer was the capital of Isrand, she remembered. She could probably trust him-Dragons had good reputations here, as well as Dragons could anyway.

Oh, to the Nine-Hells with it. She would have time to learn duplicity later. She spoke as completely honestly as she could. She had done nothing to earn his distrust, and it stung her Draconic pride to see him so suspicious, even if she could not blame for being that way.

"Well...I live in Isrand-not any specific city-and have my entire life.

Also, do? I sort of collect things...hunt...eat...explore. I don't really have a job, specifically.

Here, this is the tough part, prepare yourself-I am not a Human. Not at all, unless in a metaphorical sense I am, at this moment. Though I do so love this body, very smooth and fashionable.

I am in fact, a young Dragoness-I'm sort of here in magical guise of a Human, you see. Quite dramatic, don't you think? You'd be surprised how difficult conversation with Humans is when they think I will eat them-not that I would ever do that, no, never.

Please, don't be alarmed sir, I really am only curious about, everything really. Especially you. I apologize for technically misleading you, if that helps."

Anthramarux watched him closely, studying his emotional and physical reaction.
Arillis is surprised and confused. You have a feeling that you spilled the beans and he wasn't paying attention to those specific beans. Whoops.

He puts his two hands up in "stop" positions between you two and looks to the right, closing his eyes. Then he looks back at you and his hands turn into pointing positions towards you. "So, you're saying that you're a... dragon? What? ...Really?" He closes his eyes and opens his mouth, but says nothing. He says nothing for about 15 seconds, unsure how to react. "I... guess that... explains why you were having a hard time talking normal... I... honestly had thought something else of you, but apparently my suspicions were... incorrect."

He finds himself out of words to say. Congratz, you just made the conversation very awkward.

"Very well mortal. The men are to the northeast,
No, I'm pretty sure it's the right location... but we both may have it wrong.

If that's the case, point me in the right direction, if you would.
Erp. Dammit West, why you set us aground?

It's to the north-west, I screwed up. The capital is the star-ish symbol.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:13:31 pm by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 25, 2012, 07:32:36 pm »

Her mind went into overdrive...Arillis was faced with the unknown, clearly. He had encountered magic, but not to this degree-though he had faced possible threats of this sort. But he seemed to take her at face value, which was a good sign. He hadn't panicked, or Gods forbid, started yelling for the local constabulary...that would have been messy. She admired his courage...

Responding to his word, Anthrmarux shrugged, smiling easily and raising both hands up in a helpless gesture. She had seen another Human woman do the exact thing to another man, and it had looked so cute on her.

"Well, now the hard part is over, Sir Arillis. I mean, it's not every day you make the acquaintance with a Dragoness, especially one as charming and beautiful as myself. I assure you, this form is just as amazing as my real one.

And I like you, anyway. You are both honorable to-what you had ever reason to assume was at the time-a fair lady and brave against what you know now is one of the Dragonkind. Much like one of the good Human Knights I read about in Mothers stories Though, you have not seen my full form, so perhaps you are untested. To be fair, I am not a very large Dragon, in comparison to most of my kind.

I wonder if you perhaps have, the soul of a Knight masquerading as mere man, as I have the soul of a Dragon masquerading as a mere maiden?

That would be amazing, wouldn't you agree! I could write a book about that...yes, I think I will learn to write. Someone has to tell the stories, after all."
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:39:57 pm by Dwarmin »

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 25, 2012, 07:51:37 pm »

Well, in that case, do the exact same thing, except with going northwest instead of northeast.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 25, 2012, 09:46:25 pm »

Her mind went into overdrive...Arillis was faced with the unknown, clearly. He had encountered magic, but not to this degree-though he had faced possible threats of this sort. But he seemed to take her at face value, which was a good sign. He hadn't panicked, or Gods forbid, started yelling for the local constabulary...that would have been messy. She admired his courage...

Responding to his word, Anthrmarux shrugged, smiling easily and raising both hands up in a helpless gesture. She had seen another Human woman do the exact thing to another man, and it had looked so cute on her.

"Well, now the hard part is over, Sir Arillis. I mean, it's not every day you make the acquaintance with a Dragoness, especially one as charming and beautiful as myself. I assure you, this form is just as amazing as my real one.

And I like you, anyway. You are both honorable to-what you had ever reason to assume was at the time-a fair lady and brave against what you know now is one of the Dragonkind. Much like one of the good Human Knights I read about in Mothers stories Though, you have not seen my full form, so perhaps you are untested. To be fair, I am not a very large Dragon, in comparison to most of my kind.

I wonder if you perhaps have, the soul of a Knight masquerading as mere man, as I have the soul of a Dragon masquerading as a mere maiden?

That would be amazing, wouldn't you agree! I could write a book about that...yes, I think I will learn to write. Someone has to tell the stories, after all."

He still seems baffled. Especially baffled since you're putting your true form out there without a care in the world. He tries to respond.

"...Honorable? Knight? Mara--if that is really your name--if you knew what I truly do you wouldn't call me either of those. And brave? I'm less brave and more... shocked, honestly. You see the wrong thing in me, Mara. I'd easily give up my honor for a large bag of gold. I HAVE been giving up my honor for bags of gold." He doesn't have a sliver of doubt in his voice.

Well, in that case, do the exact same thing, except with going northwest instead of northeast.
In that case, please be a gentleman and edit your action like Derm did. Save me some time and effort spent remembering, for only a few seconds of your time. Less than it took to write this response to you.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:48:13 pm by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 25, 2012, 10:11:16 pm »

Anthramarux shrugs placidly. What an intriguing specimen, this one.

"Well, everyone has a price, Sir Arillis. Even Dragons.

I don't begrudge a Human to seek his wages.

But I did trick you, right there. You admit you are honorable, or were until recent events forced you to bend your ethics...but, as for gold, we share the same lust in that regard. Gold is power. A transient power, to be sure, but a most satisfying one. Along with pleasure, naturally.

...I think you do yourself far too little justice, Human. Should I add humility to your list of virtues?"

Anthramarux grinned, and stepped forward and behind him, slowly circling. Her hands were clasped behind her back.

"I know you will be honest with me, Sir Arillis.

This distasteful things you perform, do you regret any of them?
To you, has the line between right and wrong blurred, or did it ever exist?
Do you think you are beyond a measure of redemption?
...are you now, where you always hoped you would be in your life?

You may answer these truthfully as you like, or not, as is the right of a free and thinking being. Like I said-I'm curious about you, Sir Arillis.

"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 25, 2012, 10:35:40 pm »

Anthramarux shrugs placidly. What an intriguing specimen, this one.

"Well, everyone has a price, Sir Arillis. Even Dragons.

I don't begrudge a Human to seek his wages.

But I did trick you, right there. You admit you are honorable, or were until recent events forced you to bend your ethics...but, as for gold, we share the same lust in that regard. Gold is power. A transient power, to be sure, but a most satisfying one. Along with pleasure, naturally.

...I think you do yourself far too little justice, Human. Should I add humility to your list of virtues?"

Anthramarux grinned, and stepped forward and behind him, slowly circling. Her hands were clasped behind her back.

"I know you will be honest with me, Sir Arillis.

This distasteful things you perform, do you regret any of them?
To you, has the line between right and wrong blurred, or did it ever exist?
Do you think you are beyond a measure of redemption?
...are you now, where you always hoped you would be in your life?

You may answer these truthfully as you like, or not, as is the right of a free and thinking being. Like I said-I'm curious about you, Sir Arillis.

"

Arillis doesn't react well to your circling and interrogation. He's seen that before, and he really doesn't like it.

"So, what, now you're a secret agent for the town watch? Know what, just stop following me. I'm busy and late, and you're clearly mistaken me for someone who hasn't pissed off Grandar. You and me will not, and should not, create a relationship. You are far too honorable and intelligent for a man like me. Plus, you're a dragon and I'm a human, we will never match. Goodbye." He says angrily.

He then starts walking away.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 25, 2012, 10:55:42 pm »

Anthramarux frowned a bit.

She followed.

"If that is your decision, I will respect it, Sir Arillis.

But, I'd like to point out a truly evil man would not have the look I see upon your face. I know little of Human emotions, but I know pain when I see it, and it seems a poor suit for you. You are so bright, Sir Arillis, so full of potential....You intrigue me greatly.

I hope you think about the things we spoke about.

Nevertheless, I will be waiting for you at the ah, Drunken Sailor you mentioned-this evening. If you meet me there, we may talk some more...and learn from each other.

If not, then that is your choice."

At that, she faded away...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 25, 2012, 11:06:49 pm »

Arillis does not stop or slow down. Before long, he is out of sight.

However, someone walks up to you behind you very silently, and taps you lightly on the shoulder. When you turn around, you see a man in a cloak with his mouth and nose covered.

"I take it you don't know Arillis' career, lass?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 26, 2012, 03:37:46 am »

Anthramarux turns toward the new figure, with a regal nod. 

"It's a mystery to me, sir. I just met him today. What does he do?"

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 136