Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210512 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Cevitil looked back and forth, hesitantly. This deal might turn out to be a bad idea, but... at the same time, it offered so much. Cevitil slowly nodded.
"I accept. Justice is a deserved thing for these men, it seems..."
"Very well mortal. The men are to the northeast, in the capital of Grathos, named Anvanar. The men are Olsten Cath, Walsoc Drah, and Pilstor Savin, the Duke of Salvguard, Spymaster of Grathos, and the Baron of Winstonn respectively. They are at a party held by the king. In two days, the party will end and they will leave. They should have little guards, so for a dragon like you, all you must do is fly over each of them and shout my name at them. Justice will come for them very quickly. But do not try them while they are at their castle, they will be highly protected. Also beware of the Spymaster, he may have the blessing of Magdost, god of Violent Crimes or Varnos, Goddess of Thieves. If that is the case, come to one of my temples in Grathos and I will send an angel personally, and hopefully he is not blessed so much that I am unable to touch him without going straight to his god on this case, which may or may not make me drop all my attempts to bring him to justice... May Justice prevail for you, mortal."

You feel a sudden power within yourself, of godly origin. You also feel as though you literally know the position of the three men.

Touched by Grathos, god of Justice: +5 Intelligence.
Grathos' Minor Blessing: Minor Judgement.
Grathos' Temporary Blessing of Justice: Selective Judgement.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:38:40 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 33: Chasing a man, Serving gods, Polymorph Drake.
« Reply #886 on: January 25, 2012, 12:25:45 am »

On another note, I'm going to be making a map with tile locations listed. It will be a big job to read all of my posts so I'm going to be nice to myself. So I may wait one or two turns extra before finishing next turn, depending on how boring it is to reread everything. Hell, I might even wait up to 5 days at worst. This has to be done, so there's no way out of this because while I like to think that I've got good memory, there is a limit. Anyone who bumps within that time and is in the game will lose 5 of each stat due to ignorance of this very obvious top text, and those who aren't in the game will get set back one slot also due to ignorance. I know for sure that some people are ignorant, since a noticeable amount of people did not wish for anything on Christmas when they had no reason not to do so.

hrm... I want to know what exactly these do... and the effect it generates may be useful. I'll see if the humans know anything about these before messing with the wild ones, though.

Intrigued by the monoliths, Scientia attempts to pick one of the smaller ones up and set it much closer to home in a vegetated area, though still a distance away from the cave.
You attempt to pick up one of the smaller ones. Picking up is impossible as long as these things are embedded deep into the ground. So, you try and find one that can be taken out of the ground. [Int:1+1][2] Well, if there was one that could be yanked out of the ground, you're definitely not the one to figure out which one can be yanked out as you test by simply pushing them slightly, which obviously does not work.

Anthramarux didn't even know how to use a dagger, but she supposed it was pretty self explanatory...insert the pointy end into the fleshy bit. That sounded wrong in a way she didn't even know how.

She tossed down a random assortment of coins on the bar to pay for her 'food' and fled. and quickly left the bar, ignoring the rude men she felt like tearing limb from limb. That wouldn't be very polite. But it would have been enjoyable. Indeed.

...but, the other one had been honorable. She looked through the crowd-was that him, there? Maybe...she at least wanted his name.

She hurried toward the figure...

Action: Pay my tab, then leave the bar-not touching the food. :P

Try to follow and speak to the man in leather Armor

You overpay, and leave your food behind. The Bartender is confused.

Anyway, you chase the man, and try to talk to him. [Int:4+2] You shift through a large cluster of people quickly by moving carefully through an open area in the cluster and manage to get closer by shortcutting a corner. [Int:1+2] However, you get caught behind a mounted guard that you did not see coming for a few seconds and fall behind. [Int:2+2] You struggle to keep up as you stumble slightly, but you are still following him. [Int:2+2] You stop for a second as the man suddenly changes directions at an intersection, but you keep following. [Int:4+2] You make a very good shortcut going through an alley, getting you closer to the man. [Int:4+2] You weave right out of the way of an incoming cart that the man stumbled on earlier, getting you very close to the man. [Int:1+2] You strain a leg on a misplaced rock that you failed to notice and lose some ground. [Int:1+2] The strain was much worse than you anticipated and you put too much pressure on the strained leg, causing you to fall further behind. [Int:3+2] You shift your weight around to your good leg and suddenly start gaining ground on the man. [Int:5+2] You go straight through a temple and through an alley and you end up right in front of the man. He looks stumped. You took him by surprise. Your extreme panting also catches him by surprise.

"Well, I... did not expect you to get to me. Good job! You're certainly good at maneuvering through a city, that's for sure. And that's a lot, coming from me. Trust me."

+1 Intelligence.
+1 Agility.

Mark this spot in a way that would make it easier to find again, then fly back north to the mages and ask if they know of any potentially ancient gargantuan metal objects with metal faces, or Would be interested in digging out one.
You don't know how you'd ever make this site any more noticable. The metal is extremely noticeable. So, you just fly back to Senitance.

You land back in the Mage's city, but this time you land without being hit by Magic Missile. You ask around for mages to see if they know of any massive metal objects with faces.

Quite a few shake their heads, until you find a old mage in a gray robe. He squints his eyes. "Yes, I know of large metal objects with faces. But this is not the place to talk about it really. Find me at my shop, 'Annith's Magical Curiosities' in the main city in two hours. It should be near the temple of Anharah, which should be fairly easy to find being made of marble. Please, don't keep me waiting, at my old age I can't afford waiting."

Two hours? You have plenty of time to do shopping or other stuff. Or you can just sit and wait, like a square person.

Raikonai snorted. Oh, the goddess of the sun wasn't pleased with him, boohoo. Perhaps when he was older he'd resemble a great living shadow anyway, as his parents did.

For now, he needed rest, and preferably some delicious food. He'd been in hiding and on his own enough to figure both out.

Rest for a bit, preferably in a hollow tree or other such shelter. If there's time, hunt down some delicious meat when I'm not so tired.
You find a small cave to rest in.

And you go hunting. And once again, someone doesn't tell me what they're going to hunt, which is breaking the rules by the way. Last time I had them hunt dangerous animals. This time, I'm going to have you hunt rats which do not give much meat. Hooray. [6] You hunt buttloads of rats down. You nom on them. You're no longer hungry. I'm not really interested in making this any more interesting, I'm sorry, I honestly do not like vague actions.

+1 Agility.

Hmm, well he wasn't hungry anymore. Something in the back of Jargon's brain seemed to crave the feeling of tearing into flesh, chewing and swallowing, but his belly was full. Normally a nap would be in order, but the young dragon was curious at the strange green being that made him not-hungry.

Attempt to sneak after the mage, and investigate this strange 'magic'.
[Agi:3-1]: You stumble and flop behind the mage. Surprising nobody at all. You are definitely not a thief. Your mother denies your attempt to follow him.

"No, Jargon, don't go on an adventure, you're far too young for that."

The human, in the distance, appears to read his book again. He mumbles then shouts something indiscernible. Suddenly, his legs expand and a tail grows out of his butt. Dragon-like tail and legs. He screams angrily but yet again you cannot tell what he is saying.

He then casts the spell again. This time, his entire body changes and he turns into a dragon! Though a much smaller kind of dragon. He walks over. The man-turned-drake has green scales. Mother makes a comment.

"So, you got the spell to work! Good for you! And I must say, you look better as a drake."

"Ha ha, very funny, scaly-face... Anyway, I had a little trouble, but I believe I've got the spell down."

"Now, to learn how to actually polymorph into a dragon."

"Sure, why not go all the way? I could see this being fun. What's the catch?"

"The spell requires a lot of energy and takes nearly a year to learn."

"Ehhh, if I become a dragon I'll live far longer, so a year isn't a problem."

"I'll go and see if I can find the book, you pay attention to my son."

Your mother walks away down inside the cave, leaving you with the drake/human.

"So, hi little guy. It's me, the guy with the green robe." He says, looking at you with a smile.

You're quite confused. Your little brain is too little to comprehend what is going on.

Also, something icky appears in your mouth. Yuck!

Gained item: Kraken Tendril.

Nuvian bumbled around the graves looking for any sign of the necromancer. A dropped tome, a torn shred of robe... anything! Blast, she never thinks these things through. Being an evil servant is hard work!
You search the graves. [Int:4+1][1]: You search the graves very, very carefully. However, the Necromancer is no joke. There is no trace of him. Hell, even all the footprints you see in the mud are partial. He also knocked all the dirt off his shoes carefully. There's no shovel, no torn robe... This area has no clues at all. Your only hope in this is Salar. Hopefully she won't be angry if you go back to her.

'I see. I will not force my servitude upon you, goddess. But...' she paused. 'I would not know about such things, but are you saying that the entire population of this land, down to the poorest farmer, has forsaken the gods, not even tending to you in secret? If so, I can only wonder at the might of their rulers. In any case, I hope to meet you again, in more welcoming realms. You have my thanks for this audience.'

Unless she has something else to say/curses to throw, fly back home
"Very well, mortal. Respect the darkness and it's inhabitants thus may the cold not be your enemy."

You fly back to your home.

+1 Agility.

Oh well, let's do this. Pick up the staff and wave it around like it might do something special!
You act like an idiot and wave a magical staff around and hope that something happens.

Nothing happens. What a waste of time. See, this is why we have manuals. When crap doesn't work or works incorrectly, usually it's because that you're using it wrong.

With no more precious material to haul Kin went back exploring the cave system, going much deeper this time. He had plans on making his home the grandest treasury of dragon kind ever. But first he needed the space for sleep.

While exploring the caves, Kin was on the lookout for a suitable "room" he could use as a sleeping spot. He also scoured the caves for any hidden treasures that might be hidden.
You look for a nice room to sleep in. Strange thing to look for in a cave, but you find a fairly dead-end room with a clump of somewhat fine sand large enough to lay on.

You look for hidden treasures. [4][3][5]

Well, you find some silver coins just lying around! Oh, and you also find a room with some rare-ish rocks.

More importantly, there is a room with an unclaimed altar of some sort. That would definitely be useful for when and/or if you get yourself a god to worship.

--Repulsion, yet again, see your turn above.--

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haika: Jargon the Sly (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 25, 2012, 12:33:16 am »

Shrug, or atleast as much as a Dragon can, and fly off. Search the tile to the north, now.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 25, 2012, 12:42:29 am »

Go to that mage's store, and if I'm there early look around for something that might be nice but not cost more than I've got.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 25, 2012, 12:50:33 am »

Go to that mage's store, and if I'm there early look around for something that might be nice but not cost more than I've got.
1: You're definitely going to be early. VERY early. The store is in the same city.
2: Bold your action.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 25, 2012, 07:17:05 am »

Anthramarux took a few moments to catch her breath. It took her a moment to realize that she was doing it wrong-Humans seemed to be able to react to temperature change faster than Dragons. Quick breaths were just causing an unsettling panicky feeling in her chest. Her new instincts told her to take slower, steadier breaths and that worked.

Now, how to address Humans...oh yes, um...curtsy? She did so. Somehow managing to bend her legs and incline her body to the man politely without toppling. This body was very stable, she gave it that.

She addressed him in her smoothest voice.

"Thank you for the compliment, Sir. You do my the utmost honor deserved to my station.

And, It was nothing but a bit of intellectual exercise. As you can see, I'm not much of a...marathon runner, but I make up for with speed of thought and decision.

Well, might I inquire as to the fine gentleman's name on this equally fine day? You can call me...umm..."

Humans liked short names, Anthramarux mused.

"Mara. That is my name. Pleased to meet you!"

The final part came out more like a cute chirp, more exuberant than she had intended. But Humans were all about exuberance!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 25, 2012, 07:56:27 am »

Anthramarux took a few moments to catch her breath. It took her a moment to realize that she was doing it wrong-Humans seemed to be able to react to temperature change faster than Dragons. Quick breaths were just causing an unsettling panicky feeling in her chest. Her new instincts told her to take slower, steadier breaths and that worked.

Now, how to address Humans...oh yes, um...curtsy? She did so. Somehow managing to bend her legs and incline her body to the man politely without toppling. This body was very stable, she gave it that.

She addressed him in her smoothest voice.

"Thank you for the compliment, Sir. You do my the utmost honor deserved to my station.

And, It was nothing but a bit of intellectual exercise. As you can see, I'm not much of a...marathon runner, but I make up for with speed of thought and decision.

Well, might I inquire as to the fine gentleman's name on this equally fine day? You can call me...umm..."

Humans liked short names, Anthramarux mused.

"Mara. That is my name. Pleased to meet you!"

The final part came out more like a cute chirp, more exuberant than she had intended. But Humans were all about exuberance!

"Pleased to meet you, Mara." [Man Int:5+1]: He looks at your eyes intently, and rethinks what you've said, and you can see that he notices something is strange about you, unlike many other humans who think you're just a normal person. Though he does do a very good job at hiding it. "My name is... Arillis." He pauses slightly before saying his name. He seems reluctant to tell you his name. And it's likely not just because you're suspicious.

"So, Mara... what is so interesting about a man like myself that you'd follow me this far?" He says curiously, but at the same time he tenses slightly.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 25, 2012, 08:09:11 am »

Scientia sighs. Retroactively realizing that moving a mysterious magic rock is a bit of a lapse in judgement, she decides to head over to a nearby town to gather information from those who would know more than she. Hopefully they did not remember the fiasco from earlier. And perhaps she could learn a thing or two as well.
Head north-northwest, after a short nap.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:52:28 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 25, 2012, 08:15:04 am »

Anthramarux was puzzled. Didn't all Humans consider themselves interesting?

"Well, I'm new to this town, and you showed me a refined politesse that speaks well to your good character, or at least a well honed silver tongue. I thought we could at least exchange names, and more besides.

To put it to a single point, it would be curiosity.

I have so much to learn, you know, so I must indulge my curious urges. Much of this world it still to me-our world I mean-is how do you say it...Zi Bvecko*?"

Anthramarux smiled, a bit guiltily at the indirect deception. She didn't know the exact effect revealing her secret would be...but she generally didn't like lying, either. Especially to Humans, since it seemed beneath her as a Dragon to do so.

On the other hand, her beautiful yet vulnerable body reminded her to be careful.

*Draconic for 'Very strange*
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:19:15 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 25, 2012, 10:02:33 am »

Cevitil imagined the men in his mind. He smiled, knowing that he had a purpose now.

Cevitil hated wandering.

Cevitil begins to travel north-west, attempting to think of the place that he is going. If possible, attempt to find a map on the way and take a good look at it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:22:50 pm by Repulsion »
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 25, 2012, 02:07:20 pm »

Jargon spat the thing out of his mouth onto the floor and examined it. The little thing kept wiggling around. Baby dragon or not, Jargon assumed that it was the fault of the green-mage/drake guy, and turned to look at him expectantly.

Ask green man/drake about Kraken Tendril, using cuteness to try and charm him for info.(edit: new action below)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 03:51:48 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 25, 2012, 02:17:22 pm »

Look around the city for something I could buy, then meet the mage after he finally gets there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 25, 2012, 03:42:27 pm »

Anthramarux was puzzled. Didn't all Humans consider themselves interesting?

"Well, I'm new to this town, and you showed me a refined politesse that speaks well to your good character, or at least a well honed silver tongue. I thought we could at least exchange names, and more besides.

To put it to a single point, it would be curiosity.

I have so much to learn, you know, so I must indulge my curious urges. Much of this world it still to me-our world I mean-is how do you say it...Zi Bvecko*?"

Anthramarux smiled, a bit guiltily at the indirect deception. She didn't know the exact effect revealing her secret would be...but she generally didn't like lying, either. Especially to Humans, since it seemed beneath her as a Dragon to do so.

On the other hand, her beautiful yet vulnerable body reminded her to be careful.

*Draconic for 'Very strange*
"Zi Bvecko?" He thinks for a few seconds. You don't think that Zi Bvecko was the right word. However, thankfully--or unfortunately--he gives up. Though he still looks at you carefully.

"Anyway, you're following me because you're curious? Hm, be wary of how curious you are young lady, curiosity can be dangerous... though you're lucky that I'm not one of those times. What do you want to know?"

Scientia sighs. Retroactively realizing that moving a mysterious magic rock is a bit of a lapse in judgement, she decides to head over to a nearby town to gather information from those who would know more than she. Hopefully they did not remember the fiasco from earlier. And perhaps she could learn a thing or two as well.
Head north-northeast, after a short nap.
Ummm, don't you mean north-northwest instead of east? North-northeast would put you in the middle of nowhere.

Cevitil imagined the men in his mind. He smiled, knowing that he had a purpose now.

Cevitil hated wandering.

Cevitil begins to travel north-east, attempting to think of the place that he is going. If possible, attempt to find a map on the way and take a good look at it.
Northeast? That's 90 degrees in the wrong direction. You sure?

Jargon spat the thing out of his mouth onto the floor and examined it. The little thing kept wiggling around. Baby dragon or not, Jargon assumed that it was the fault of the green-mage/drake guy, and turned to look at him expectantly.

Ask green man/drake about Kraken Tendril, using cuteness to try and charm him for info.
I believe baby dragons do not know how to speak and do not understand words, if me several months in the past is to be believed. So at best you're going to spit out gibberish.

Look around the city for something I could buy, then meet the mage after he finally gets there.
Too vague.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 25, 2012, 03:46:21 pm »

Yes. west. Goddamnit why am I bad at compass.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 25, 2012, 03:51:06 pm »

blegh... this is a pain. I guess I need to change my action to:

Observe and try to understand.

Because while I know what the tendril does, my character shouldn't yet. Just like I know how to speak when the baby dragon doesn't. Makes for difficult/boring rp choices when you should just be focusing on eating, sleeping and pooping(as most babies do). I'll get past it eventually, but just feels really slow at the start.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 136