Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210471 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 30: Becoming human, talking with gods.
« Reply #810 on: January 14, 2012, 01:42:49 am »

"Hmph," he snorted, glancing disdainfully at the priest, "Not the first time I've enraged a deity, is it?"

Her words of Inn'ahar seeking revenge disturbed him; the great shadows he spoke of, his parents, probably counted as his worshipers, and he certainly did not relish the thought of them descending on him. Then again, his angry pride was sparking again- if they wanted to infest his soul with that thing and then act offended when he removed it, then they could add his contempt to their list of grievances.

Well, no matter. Supposedly his worship was forbidden, which meant his followers should be rare. And if not, well, he still owed Inn'ahar a good smack on the nose for his insolence. Humility was not one of Raikonai's faults.

"Still," he said, turning fully to the priest. "Where is this place? Now that my intellect is free of that thing, I'd rather like to focus on something other than getting it free. Or at least, what I'll be focusing on once I'm a bit further away. The distance a hatchling can flee in leisure is not a distance I feel comfortable remaining at."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 14, 2012, 01:51:25 am »

"Thi-Th-... I cannot believe you just did that-This place is the village Midah, near the lake of Palantur. It is on the south side of the Bigranties Jutt mountain range, in the center of the kingdom of Iberia. We are just north-west of the city of Avertie."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 14, 2012, 02:45:05 am »

I'm just waiting for Dwarmin to roll a one and realize that she's got two oversized tumors on her chest :P
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:27:44 am by Superior_Tomato »
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 14, 2012, 03:11:40 am »

...Rumors?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 14, 2012, 03:28:30 am »

Tumors. It's rather early in the morning for me.

I even managed to type rumors again.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 14, 2012, 03:31:42 am »

Anyway, those aren't tumors. They're breasts. The reason Dwarmin's dragon doesn't know what they are is because dragons do not have breasts.

And I won't ever make those breasts tumors because that would just be plain mean to girls and also just plain mean to Dwarmin.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 14, 2012, 03:40:23 am »

And that whole thing rested on the fact that you didn't state anything explicitly. Oh well.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 14, 2012, 05:27:49 am »

"Mmhmm. Tell me of this city. And Iberia. Also, what is 'north-west?' My education has been... lacking."

((Also, I believe tumors are normally rigid.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 14, 2012, 05:45:02 am »

"The city is, well, fairly average for a city as far as I know. You'd have to stay there long enough to get more detail. Iberia is a kingdom which was part of a larger kingdom. Honestly, you need to be more specific."

The priest then looks at you, and wonders if you're joking when you're asking about what is north-west. Then he sees you're serious.

"...I'm afraid I lack the tools to explain the concept to you in a reasonable amount of time, because I am not really a teacher. Now, if Annia wasn't so angry at you, you may have been able to convince her to give you knowledge right off the bat, but you angered her and... Anyway, if you're really struggling with north-west, look for Agnet the Elder, he's a 'scientist' and is very intelligent and a decent teacher."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 14, 2012, 05:48:55 am »

"Sounds wise. Thank you for your assistance, mortal."

Find this Agnet the Elder. Inquire about geography, politics, and other tools necessary for escaping in a graceful manner.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 14, 2012, 02:15:26 pm »

Action: Head to Salar's altar. Pray to Salar.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 14, 2012, 02:50:18 pm »

Pace carefully and slowly into the temple, looking around as to absorb as much information as possible, such as what this gods name is. If I find out the name, and he/she is not an evil god: Attempt to find the altar, and when I do kneel before it, praying:

"Great [INSERT GOD'S NAME HERE], I ask of you to aid me with your divine providence, so that I may find the power and the will to find and kill the men who murdered my father."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #822 on: January 15, 2012, 06:34:14 am »

Repenting his actions, Kin took off again and flew over to the group of farmers, circling in the air. He did remember that one of the farmers did give him a furious glare but as he circled the group of farmers he couldn't see that particular farmer. All he saw was a panicked bunch running around like headless chickens. Kin flew back to the old man asking him to point out the farmer he had slighted.

"I am ashamed to say that I've not come across many humans so I have a hard time to remember your faces. I hope you could help me point out the owner of the cow."

If the old man agree to help Kin, Kin flies off towards the farmer and apologize. Then he will return to the old man.
If not, Kin tries to apologize without the old mans help and then return home.

Also, sorry for the late reply, been sick for a few days and didn't have the strength to write a proper action.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 15, 2012, 01:23:11 pm »

Also, sorry for the late reply, been sick for a few days and didn't have the strength to write a proper action.
No problem, I'm not having much luck making the turn either. I'm missing the want to do certain actions for some reason.

Still, with 3 days until the turn deadline, it'll get done eventually.

Edit: Ah f*ck, I cannot believe it... I actually overwrote the god list text file with the half-made turn. So much effort, all wasted, son of a bitch.

I think I'll be spending most of my want to write on rebuilding the list. Ergh.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:46:20 pm by Tarran »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 17, 2012, 03:08:57 pm »

So I'm back to not being a part of this hmm? Great. :( (/sarcasm) PM me when there's actually a spot for sure next time so I'm not getting my hopes up.

There's a spot opening, I'm resigning my position. Twenty-three days is far too long to be out of touch, didn't really realize that until I actually looked at all of what's happening. You however appear to have been watching the thread avidly, putting you a great deal farther ahead than I in how much you deserve this.

I'm sorry Haika, had I realized the full depth and breadth of how far behind I was or I would have told Tarran to NPC me earlier and let you in. As it was I enjoyed the game greatly and had hoped that I could pick it back up again, but it's a touch too late for that now. I may submit a character sheet later, but for now I need to work on straightening things out after my sudden existence failure.

Tarran, yeah... Sorry for keeping you hanging man, believe me I would have done otherwise if I could. However I do recall that my internet committed Hara-Kiri sometime before Christmas, and so if I had stepped out when I disappeared Haika would be in line for his/her Christmas bonuses. Considering that I would ask that he/she get a second chance at those as it was in no way their fault that they missed out on them.

Kill me, turn me into a random event, turn me into the God of sewer rodents, I don't really care. Just get me out of the way so the people who've been waiting for this can step up. It was a good run.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 136