Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210500 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 29: Danger Room, Pills, Altars, Clothes, Fugging.
« Reply #780 on: January 12, 2012, 07:21:04 pm »

((Has seemed like they've been a bit sluggish these past few days. Of course, I've been busy then as well, so who knows.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 30: Becoming human, talking with gods.
« Reply #781 on: January 13, 2012, 12:52:55 am »

As I mentioned, I will continue this as I wait for Drag.

Anyway, I've just checked my "Dragon secret stuff" text file recently, and I discovered that Dwarmin should have an item that he currently does not have. More details on his turn.

Also, Talarion and Repulsion have finally posted without a PM. Thank you. But don't think that you're off the leash: One turn of no-PM-needed will not suffice.

Anthramarux likes the second set better, she thinks-holding it up the light. They were pale blue, slightly reminiscent of her mothers eyes. That made her a bit sad, but she didn't dwell on it.

Much prettier, though it was pretty poor in comparison to her scales. She would have preferred purple clothes, naturally, but from what she gathered Purple was a color that only noble humans wore. Well, she would make do with this...for now.

She packed her things and flew toward the nearest city-there was a large one very close, she remembered. She decided to fly low, and find a sheltered place to change form to avoid prying eyes. No need to tip off the Humans too soon!

Action: Land a mile outside of the nearest large Human city, trying to stay out of sight-change form and clothes. Being incredibly vain, I would Prefer to do so by a source of water, so I can view my reflection.

Try and become accustomed to my new body before heading to the city-walking and talking and such.

You fly yourself a mile outside of the nearest city, hiding in a rock cropping with water in the center.

You put the ring out and you find yourself standing on two legs. The idea is alien to you, but you seem to balance yourself okay. Trying to walk around, you find that it's about the same as when you were a dragon, though you'll have to remember to stand on your two legs and avoid walking on four. And you'll want to avoid running, you might trip far more often than a normal human would

You then try being accustomed by touching yourself everywhere. Everywhere. I won't type any specifics in because I don't want to get banned, so think up the mental image yourself. Or don't. Your choice. In addition, you jump and run and twist everything until it starts hurting.

You then practice speech. Amazingly, besides different teeth, your voice and speech is exactly the same as when you were a dragon. It's as if... humans and dragons have the same voice boxes. Or, maybe the ring also transfers your voice. Hm.

You then start to feel cold and put on those clothes. They fit on well. They feel strange to you initially, but after a few minutes it feels less and less cumbersome and more like a second layer of skin. Strange, but tolerable and even somewhat comfortable.

You notice that your hair is disorderly, but thankfully it's easy to set in a flat hairstyle with a little water. You're unsure what the humans will think, but you feel like you look pretty. Of course, this is coming from a dragon.

One thing you don't understand about humans is why there are huge bumps on your chest. Oh well, you're sure there's some reason humans have those things.

You are now confident that you can go to town and are well disguised just as long as you act normal.

((Now, about that item I remembered. Remember back in turn 3? That statue? Yeah, you get that statue now. I suppose I should also tell you what it will do: If you offer it to any official, guard, or army soldier in Isrand, you will gain 3 Fame, 5 Trustworthiness, and lose 2 Cruelty. In addition, the form you gave the statue to Isrand in will become much more famous in the city you gave the statue to. That's in good fame. Oh, and, there's a 1/3 chance that Isrand's entire relations to dragons will improve.))

Human Form: HP=4+toughness bonuses/maluses. Unable to use standard dragon attacks. Breath attacks damage self. Cannot fly. Much better hiding ability. Can wear human armor and clothes. Can wield human weapons. Bounty against dragon form not in effect until discovered.

Go on a hunting spree in the mountains, gotta get some practice
You start going on a hunting spree.

You did not tell me what you were hunting, though!

So, you try hunting anything you come across.

[3][2][5][3][2] Vs. [6][6][4][5][5]: Your attempts are failures with little success. You hurt but don't kill a bear, you miss a second, you kill a deer, and you hurt but don't kill a mountain lion and miss another.

Man, you suck. In addition, those two bears and two lions HURT.

-6 HP.
+1 Agility.

Nuvian flew down to the altar. To what god could such an altar belong? A god of decay? She had to find out. Action: Pick up and wield a small rusted weapon, then pray at the altar.
You fly down and pick up a rusty axe, then walk over to the altar, and pray very poorly.

...after about five seconds, you suddenly hear a very rough and warrior-like voice in your head.

"Eh? Someone is praying at this altar? Huh, I had thought-no, known that this altar was forgotten for nearly... a hundred years or so... Anyway, mortal, what do you want, bothering the God of War from a remote altar? Come on, spit it out. I've got several thousand men fighting a long ways south of here, and I'm very busy."

"Thank you mother... wherever you are. I'll try my best to make you proud."
Scientia, spirits greatly lifted, investigates the ruins.
You inspect the ruin. It's made of gray stone and extremely old remains of wood. However, it's wrecked and burnt somewhat and it's true function in the past is impossible to tell. Your best guess would be a castle of some sort.

There are some tunnels in the side of the mountain, inside the ruin. They are fairly large, but you are a little too big to go into them. Damn, that's one problem with being a dragon.

Alright then. Fly south until an interesting landmark or a town is in sight.
You fly south [1][1][3], unsurprisingly the plains are featureless besides a massive stalagmite that has nothing special about it besides the fact that it's just there.

You continue flying south. [3][6][1] You see another stalagmite and then you spot a very strange dirt formation on the ground.

Make note of the altars, then start searching around my new home for any other points of interest.
You continue searching for interesting stuff around your home, but you find nothing.

(you should start searching in a wider area. You are currently only searching a short distance from your home. There is only so much that can be right next to your home.)

Follow man.
You begin running with the man into the town. You ignore most of what is in the town, and just keep running. Eventually, both of you get to a small chapel and the man unlocks the door as quickly as possible. You both enter quickly.

"Stand over that circle." He points to a noticeable circle on the ground. With no other options, you do not protest and you walk up to the circle. The man walks next to you and looks up to the heavens, shouting:

"Oh Annia, goddess of our shining jewel in the sky, goddess who gives us embraces of warmth, I call you in urgency. A soul is suffering the foul influences of Inn'ahar, The Corrupter! He is crying for help, so please, help this poor soul!" He then runs out of the circle, to the side.

Suddenly, after nearly half a minute of silence, the doors close and a bright light appears in front of you. A female "human" voice speaks, with incredible might.

"...Young dragon, although I see possible darkness in your future, I have decided to save you from Inn'ahar, who is of a far greater evil. Prepare yourself."

Suddenly, the same feeling you had when you got the corruption reappears and something is ripped out of you. It is extremely painful, but you feel a soft... "touch" that softens the extreme pain. Then, you hear noises behind you and, as you turn around, you see something HORRIBLE appear behind yourself. It's the corruption...

"...YOU BASTARD! YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS?!" The corruption shouts at you.

"Foul creature, you shall harm this mortal no more. Now, prepare yourself, for oblivion!"

Suddenly, a bolt of incredible light flies from Annia and hits the corruption, smiting the corruption, piercing through and creating a white fire that expands outward, slowly consuming the corruption.

"INN'AHAR WILL NOT LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS, MORTAAAAAA-..."

The corruption disintegrates into white smoke, and something from somewhere "else" screams angrily at you. Then, all is silent.

"Mortal, Inn'ahar's corruption will no longer bother you ever again. Now, would you tell me of where you got this corruption?"

The priest is shocked: You don't think he's ever summoned a god to the realm of mortals in (partial) person before. Heck, you don't think he's even ever heard a god before.

Lost:
Moderately corrupted soul: Soul is more fragile. Magic casted by you is decently unpredictable. -10 Intelligence.
Soul Invaded: Corrupted soul will get worse each life stage. Insanity will also get worse. Slight chance (will increase as you grow up) for the invader to overwrite your action. Body may warp horribly as corruption spreads beyond soul (though it will only be notable after the teen stage).
Moderate insanity: -15 Intelligence, -20 Charisma.
"Blessed" by Inn'ahar: Unknown powers might have been given to you. Cannot remove Soul Invaded as long as you are blessed. Can only be removed by other gods or their priests. Inn'ahar will treat you as one of it's children.

Gained:
Touched by Annia, Goddess of the Sun and Heat: You can detect the presence of Annia from now on, from her watching you to her blessings on an item. Annia is much more likely to talk to you or answer your prayers if you worship her. +5 Toughness.
Protected by Annia, Goddess of the Sun and Heat: You may protected from hostile attempts from another god against you as long as Annia is not angry with you.
Enraged Inn'ahar, The Corrupter: Inn'ahar is now extremely angry with you. You will be attacked without mercy around Inn'ahar's altars and temples. Followers will attempt to kill you.

Kin were used being yelled at, but never had someone as small and weak as a human ever started to rant as wild as this one. In hindsight Kin thought this was the first time he ever been yelled at by a human at all. Feeling ashamed for his action he wanted to apologize to the man.

Kin flew off, returning to his cave and broke of a good chunk of his precious material that he could lift and fly with and brought it back to the human.
You fly back to your home, the old man shouting at you.

You then break off a third of the metals, and lift it up and fly back to the city.

The man shouts at you until you start descending, then he stops shouting. You drop the metal in front of him.

"...This is for me? Well, I... I guess I accept your apology. I guess this will pay for the money I had to give away. But you really honestly should apologize to the farmer, it was his cow."

The old adventurer seems to have calmed down significantly.

+1 Agility.

Cevitil shrugged. If this man could not help him, there was no sense attempting to pester him further. Instead, Cevitil would go say hello to a god or two...

Fly towards the nearest temple. Do try to not scare anyone with your flying, or anything similar. Be careful about accidentally visiting an evil god temple... although those might be interesting.
You fly over the town low, getting some confused looks and scaring the occasional coward. You arrive at gray temple. It has men wearing gray robes, most flaying their own backs with whips entering and leaving. Some of the men in gray robes aren't flaying themselves, presumably because they've earned a break.

Quote from: Draignean
Sneak down the tunnels.
[Agi:6]: You sneak down the tunnel like a snake and nobody notices you. The tunnel splits up into three directions. One leads to a dead end and an entrance to the surface, another leads to another dead end and then upwards to... somewhere. The last leads to... a mine?

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Spoiler: Random Event (click to show/hide)

Helten army 1 moves east, engaging Sarduk army 1.

Spoiler: The War of Beliefs (click to show/hide)

On another note, I think that after the war, I'll work out an actual army-on-army system, as the Sarduks' superior numbers doesn't.... really help so far. I need some actual rules.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:39:52 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 13, 2012, 01:04:18 am »

In that case, begin searching further and further away from my home.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 13, 2012, 01:08:21 am »

Within the same map tile, or further out?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 13, 2012, 01:19:39 am »

Further out.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 13, 2012, 01:24:22 am »

...How far? Dude, freaking give me a target here.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 13, 2012, 01:36:21 am »

Between 1 and 3 tiles out. So about 2.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 13, 2012, 01:38:43 am »

5x5 tiles? That's way too much for one turn.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 13, 2012, 01:50:56 am »

Not all at once... Look, I'll just search the adjacent tile to the east.

What more do you need?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 13, 2012, 05:07:24 am »

So I'm back to not being a part of this hmm? Great. :( (/sarcasm) PM me when there's actually a spot for sure next time so I'm not getting my hopes up.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 13, 2012, 05:12:02 am »

Not necessarily. It depends on if Drag says if he wants to play still. If he even says something. If he doesn't say anything in 5 days, then he will still be kicked out as per the rules. If he says that he doesn't want to play anymore, then you'll get in.

Also, see one of my previous posts. If you really want to play, you should (have?) say something about it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 13, 2012, 07:20:34 am »

Nuvian stepped back, but didn't back down.

"Forgive me, God of War," she said. "I want to be powerful! I want to rule the skies. What would you have me do for you in return?"

Action: Attempt to convince the god of war to let me help him in return for power.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 13, 2012, 07:21:52 am »

Investigate magical groves.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 13, 2012, 09:37:55 am »

Checkout the dirt formation, then continue south if theres no point to the dirt formation besides being odd.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 13, 2012, 10:54:44 am »

Lick my wounds and go rest in the cave
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 136