Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210456 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 29: Danger Room, Pills, Altars, Clothes, Fugging.
« Reply #765 on: January 09, 2012, 05:23:22 pm »

...Oh fine, he gets to ride a dragon then if Kin lets him.

...In return, you're going to get old men bothering you for a few turns in the city. >:D
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #766 on: January 09, 2012, 06:57:49 pm »

I know, or rather I imagined the man as an oldie, slightly balding but with a whole slew of knowledge which made me think of an old dragonrider from Eragon. That is the only reason I decided to do this.

Also, I imagine the man to go "Humph. What can I do with this." or something similar when Kin tries to give him the precious material like he doesn't care.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 10, 2012, 12:34:21 am »

Cevitil shrugged. If this man could not help him, there was no sense attempting to pester him further. Instead, Cevitil would go say hello to a god or two...

Fly towards the nearest temple. Do try to not scare anyone with your flying, or anything similar. Be careful about accidentally visiting an evil god temple... although those might be interesting.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 11, 2012, 01:26:50 am »

Bumping for two things:

Dwarmin pointed me towards this. I will use this for all draconic things from now on. And you all have the permission to use it whenever you want because, well, you're dragons.

And in addition, as mean is this seems, I will only wait 1 automation instead of 2 until I kick Drag. Because he's been gone since the 23 last month. That's a long freaking time (18 days, half a month). And to be fair, after the next automation it will have been long enough for 4 automations.

I'll be PMing Drag one last time and Haika to post his character sheet in case Drag never posts. If Haika posts his sheet before Drag's time is up, his next spot is guaranteed. If he doesn't, then I'll PM Wolfchild and Ahra and whoever posts first gets the spot. And if even still they do not post within 2 more days, the slot is up for grabs for whoever wishes to join even if they aren't in the waiting list. I want active people here, guys. I'm tired of Tal and Repulsion making me PM them all the time, and I'm sad for but also tired of Drag not being around.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 11, 2012, 02:41:52 am »

Welp, I suppose I can give this a try. No idea how a new character will fit into things, but I suppose that's up to you Tarran.

After reminding myself of things in the first post(hope it's up to date), here is my dragaracter Sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Other than that, not sure how I'm going to join in. I've not read any posts here for quite some time, and I assume most of you are adult dragons at the very least. Guess I could be a new youngin, but might make more sense to give me a few quick choices to fill in the background spots in childhood, and move me to full adult.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 11, 2012, 03:16:46 am »

Actually, most of the players are teens.

And unless you honestly want to throw away some of your dragon's lifetime (~20 turns of it), I think I'll just start you off as a baby. There's no downside, really. Well, at least to me.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 11, 2012, 06:13:59 am »

Sounds fine to me, just means I need to steer clear of interacting with the other dragons if I can help it. XD Or at least those who might not be persuaded to like me for my cute... err...  ness...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 11, 2012, 06:41:58 am »

Well, you'll have a benefit over the others: The "Godly Protection" boon, which causes you to take half damage, rounded down, from other player dragons until you are a Teen.

Plus, I don't think many of our players are kill-everyone maniacs:

Aklyon is buying spells from humans and selling his own freaking scales for them. Also not raging at being hit by a magic missile.
Dermonster tried to go to a human city, but was prevented from speaking due to his now-nonexistent negative status, and he chose to leave instead of making a hostile action.
Repulsion is walking around in a human city, and not threatening old men.
Digital Hellhound has a human friend and was having gentlewomanly conversation with human scholars.
KineseN tried stealing a cow, but after being shouted at, is trying to apologize.
Dwarmin is turning into a human and is presumably going to go to the city to be friends with people. And also had talked to a knight nicely in the past.
Ironyowl is seeking help from humans and so far hasn't been mean to them.

And those are just to humans. I'd expect that, to a younger dragon, they'd be even nicer.

The other three, well, it's a toss-up. But that's still 7/10 players going the nice route.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:44:16 am by Tarran »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 11, 2012, 07:12:46 am »

Oh my, this should be fun. I took ton of Evil bodyparts, and I don't really plan to be a nice guy when I have the chance... We will have to see how it goes. Of course it's difficult to be very evil right from the start, other than maybe using that cuteness I mentioned earlier.

My biggest worry is keeping up with things here, and staying interested. That seems to be my issue in most RTD's.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 11, 2012, 08:22:40 am »

Anthramarux's personality was laid out thus long ago.

+Trusting, Cooperative, Enthusiastic, Liberal

-Wasteful, Vain, Self Centered, Combative, Glutton

Granted, the negatives haven't really had a chance to come out yet.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 11, 2012, 09:59:19 am »

Ooh, profile personality is a thing that exists? Turns out I haven't been very faithful to mine! Or have I? I don't really know!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:01:00 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 11, 2012, 08:11:57 pm »

The cute ones are the most delicious!

I mean, if anyone younger than me wants to come to me for help, I'd be glad to help. Help them out of their mortal coil! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Really though, I've been too busy trying not to get eaten alive from the inside out to worry much about anything except getting eaten alive from the inside out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 12, 2012, 01:10:05 pm »

News flash: Drag is back. So Hakia may not get in yet. It all depends on how he feels on if he still wants to play. Though he did say he will not be able to log in for long at all, so I'll just allot him another automation's length of time to post his decision (of course, the game will still continue while I wait).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:11:51 pm by Tarran »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 12, 2012, 07:05:40 pm »

*headdesks*...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 12, 2012, 07:16:39 pm »

Believe me, it was also a pain in the ass because I had thought he was gone forever and had gotten everything ready for your entrance. Then he's back. Everything, revert nao.

But really, don't blame him. It isn't his fault that his luck stat is below average and he rolled a 1 on his internets.

And, I may be persuaded to open up a temporary 11th slot if you really want to play. You just have to type up a message selling me your soul. Or maybe just asking with a "please".

On another note, is it me or are the RTD forums kinda dead for today?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 136