Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599684 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10590 on: March 23, 2014, 05:42:36 pm »

Nature of the Beast 2, which improves werewolves and adds werebears and a were-lizard thing called Greenbanes. It actually adds things to all the "beast" races, like Khajiit and even vampires. For example it adds smell, and also were-creatures can climb things.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: March 23, 2014, 06:05:48 pm »

Edit: Opps not starting a debate.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: March 23, 2014, 06:06:15 pm »

Nature of the Beast 2, which improves werewolves and adds werebears and a were-lizard thing called Greenbanes. It actually adds things to all the "beast" races, like Khajiit and even vampires. For example it adds smell, and also were-creatures can climb things.
:o I need to check this one out.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: March 23, 2014, 07:11:57 pm »

Admittedly the climbing animation is pretty much just a straight ripoff of when the one dude werewolfs out of his prison cell, complete with the looking back over his shoulder at you, but it works, so hey.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: March 25, 2014, 06:12:14 pm »

I got skymomod v12. It is awesome unless you go crazy for stuff against lore.

Adds hundreds of monsters and a lot of dragons. Adds tons of life. Not buggy like other mods on nexus that add monsters or other wildlife (tend to greatly increase ctd due to them being very badly made...like skytest)

It adds stuff from other games and other peoples mods (and new stuff), so creator got banned on nexus lol. Still find it on moddb.com so who cares its gone on nexus lol. Creator is coming out with a new version eventually, he is still active.

I have seen an alien, minotaur, diablo looking thing, stuff from half life. Its cool. Unless you are a lore freak.

Oh...adds over 1000 new monsters...and still doesn't crash like skytest or other new monster mods on nexus :) far superior.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: March 25, 2014, 06:25:14 pm »

I'm a lore freak and fak da haters, where's my goddamn saiyan hair.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: March 25, 2014, 06:27:22 pm »

I think it's been established in this thread that unless it's part of the game itself and you don't really care about immersion, mods that add non-lore stuff is more than ok.

Can anyone tell me if the Skyrim Immersive Creatures mod causes ctds? I've been experiencing a lot of those lately, but, sadly, the save becomes unplayable (crashes right away) should I remove it.

As for my own mod suggestion, I'll recommend Konahrik's Accountrements series of mods. It improves the dragon priest masks and even lets you wear their robes (as well as craft more in a special forge).

Ninja'd by Putnam's sarcasm.

EDIT: forgot to mention that Koahrik's Accountrements can only be aquired via Workshop.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:29:31 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: March 25, 2014, 06:29:26 pm »

Do I really sound that sarcastic all the time? I was accused of sarcasm the other day for saying that women have just as much a chance of fighting with medieval weapons as men do and now I'm sarcastic for saying I want saiyan hair in my game...

Which I'm not.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: March 25, 2014, 06:34:07 pm »

I was referring to the first half. I also tend to interpret everything as sarcasm since I'm usually being sarcastic whenever I speak.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: March 25, 2014, 06:43:59 pm »

...I'm a lore freak ;_;

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: March 25, 2014, 06:47:32 pm »

Skytest, and immersive creatures cause massive ctd, save bloat and corruption for many.

Real wildlife is fine though if you get the "German" mod for it as well. It still has english for the patch to fix it. But with mods you have to use tesedit to clean esps and esms) as that fixes tons of problems.

RW plus German fix patch fixes any problems with RW and works great with skymomod.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: March 25, 2014, 08:03:59 pm »

...I'm a lore freak ;_;
Don't worry, you're not the only one.  I don't know C0DA from a sonata, but I tend to get tetchy if my mods depart too far from the lore, too.  I wouldn't even use Immersive Armor for the longest time, just because of how silly the barbarian armor looked in Skyrim weather. ^_^

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10602 on: March 25, 2014, 08:16:22 pm »

I think we're confused here

I'm a lore freak

I freak about lore

I don't freak about lore in my games

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: March 25, 2014, 08:18:32 pm »

Ah, whoops.  Yep, I'm a lore freak in the exact opposite way.  Definitely got my wires crossed, there. ^_^

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: March 26, 2014, 02:09:09 pm »

I've never had any problems that I could link to Skyrim Immersive Creatures, but upgrading SKSE made my game stop lagging. Now it runs about twice as fast as normal...
Looks like it's time for another clean install.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 896